Propionate for TRT - experiences and updates?

Buy Lab Tests Online

antelopers

I was thinking about revisiting Propionate for TRT. I tried it before but the dose was too high, but I remember definitely having a better feel on it. The thing is, I wouldn't want to inject more frequently than EOD. Does anyone have experience using something like 30mg EOD, or any guys using prop solo in any capacity have updates or advice on a prop protocol?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Just my two cents, I sure think testosterone cypionate would be a better choice.

It seems like most guys that go to daily injections, 16 mg of testosterone works pretty good. So I would think 30 mg every other day would be just as good.

In the simplest sense Prop only makes sense for daily inj. I didn't have good luck with it in fact it was awful and went right back to Cyp, but they had me on a "high" dose I think it was 25mg/D.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Check out this thread. My suspicion is that EOD T propionate can produce alternating high and low days, which is of questionable value. And it looks as though daily injections produce such little variation in serum testosterone that the only reason to do it is to speed up stabilization after dose changes.

Gman86

Unless your SHBG is extremely low, there is most likely no need to inject prop daily. EOD is plenty frequent, imo. Here’s my labs while injecting 17.5mg of prop daily. These labs were taken 36 hours (1.5 days) after last injection.

Total- 1423(250-1100)
Free - 134.8(46.0-224.0)
Bio- 265.5 (110.0-575.0)
SHBG 63 (10-50)
E2 Sensitive - 72
E2 NOT Sensitive - 49
E2 Free - 1.02 (0.2-1.5)

My SHBG was only elevated because I was on high doses of thyroid medication at this time, which elevates SHBG. I usually run in the 40’s for SHBG. I’m currently injecting 42mg of prop EOD.

antelopers

Unless your SHBG is extremely low, there is most likely no need to inject prop daily. EOD is plenty frequent, imo. Here’s my labs while injecting 17.5mg of prop daily. These labs were taken 36 hours (1.5 days) after last injection.

Total- 1423(250-1100)
Free - 134.8(46.0-224.0)
Bio- 265.5 (110.0-575.0)
SHBG 63 (10-50)
E2 Sensitive - 72
E2 NOT Sensitive - 49
E2 Free - 1.02 (0.2-1.5)

My SHBG was only elevated because I was on high doses of thyroid medication at this time, which elevates SHBG. I usually run in the 40’s for SHBG. I’m currently injecting 42mg of prop EOD.
How are you feeling?

Gman86

How are you feeling?

How I’m personally feeling isn’t going to be a very good reference. I’m currently in a house that has a ton of black mold, so until I move, I’m never going to feel good, regardless of my protocol. Should be out in a month or so hopefully.

But as far as any changes from 17.5mg daily, to 42mg EOD, I would say I don’t notice any changes really. Mood is still great. No depression or anxiety whatsoever. Sleep’s great. Libido is about the same, maybe slightly lower. Think I need to reduce my dosage, if I had to guess. Erections are rock solid. Penis sensitivity is about the same, which is on the lower side for my liking. Would prefer it to be higher. Finishing isn’t really too much of a problem. Only symptoms I hate are the extreme brain fog, and I’m always pretty tired. But have had both symptoms for the entire time I’ve been on HRT, which is 5 years. Coincidentally around when I moved into this house.

antelopers

How I’m personally feeling isn’t going to be a very good reference. I’m currently in a house that has a ton of black mold, so until I move, I’m never going to feel good, regardless of my protocol. Should be out in a month or so hopefully.

But as far as any changes from 17.5mg daily, to 42mg EOD, I would say I don’t notice any changes really. Mood is still great. No depression or anxiety whatsoever. Sleep’s great. Libido is about the same, maybe slightly lower. Think I need to reduce my dosage, if I had to guess. Erections are rock solid. Penis sensitivity is about the same, which is on the lower side for my liking. Would prefer it to be higher. Finishing isn’t really too much of a problem. Only symptoms I hate are the extreme brain fog, and I’m always pretty tired. But have had both symptoms for the entire time I’ve been on HRT, which is 5 years. Coincidentally around when I moved into this house.
Jeez. Get that black mold under control asap!

Of note too however you buy it is different but through Defy/Hallandale, Prop was more costly for me, I don't remember but it was close to double the price for Cyp as best I can recall. And too, the vial strength that I had was just 50mg/mL so I had to shoot .5mL of oil in order to get a 25mg dose.

Gman86

I get my prop through Empower, and it was $91 for two 5ml vials. So it’s $91 for 10ml’s of prop through Defy, when using Empower. The prop I get is 100mg/ml.

Gman86

Hey bud just one more question for you, what made you choose prop over cyp?

Oh no worries, I love questions, feel free to fire away. So there’s a few reasons. The main reason is basically just me trying to get rid of this brain fog, which I now know is basically just from black mold, most likely. I was on cyp for a couple years, and still had brain fog, and had seen quite a few threads about guys switching to prop, and things really turning around for them. They seemed to be noticing pretty drastic differences after switching, all in positive ways. They were reporting benefits that they never saw with cyp or enanthate. Kind of like what we’re seeing with creams recently. So it really sparked my interest, and thought maybe I could be one of those guys that notices an improvement over cyp, and that I would possibly have less brain fog. I’ve always injected EOD. I think it’s the perfect balance of convenience and efficacy. So since I was already injecting frequently, I really didn’t see a downside to trying prop. The only downside I know of with it, is the necessity to inject frequently. The other benefits that I liked about prop was the short half life. This would mean no longer waiting around 6 weeks to get labs on cyp, due to having to wait for it to reach steady state. Prop reaches a steady state in only a week or two. So theoretically, I could get labs done in around 2 weeks after changing a dose on prop, instead of around 6 weeks while on cyp. So I figured I could get my numbers dialed in much much quicker while on prop. I also heard that there’s less E2 conversion. So I thought that prop would give me a better chance at never needing an ai.

There was also a video on YouTube that made me think prop could have some unclear benefit over longer Esthers. Here’s the video.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me