Progesterone and fertility

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gman86

Does taking exogenous bio-identical progesterone hurt or help fertility?

As far as I know, exogenous progesterone improves fertility in women. Can anyone confirm or deny this? If this is true in women, I would assume it would improve fertility in men as well.

On the other hand, progestins decrease fertility. So wanted to confirm whether it’s true that progestins decrease fertility, and that exogenous progesterone improves fertility

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

JA Battle

As far as I know, exogenous progesterone improves fertility in women. Can anyone confirm or deny this? If this is true in women, I would assume it would improve fertility in men as well.

On the other hand, progestins decrease fertility. So wanted to confirm whether it’s true that progestins decrease fertility, and that exogenous progesterone improves fertility
To put it plainly, I’m in no way aware of a mechanism by which it would lower fertility. It’s anti e, anti prolactin, pro dopamine. In the realm of physiological dosing, it doesn’t inhibit anything vital to fertility and seems to be pro many things that benefit fertility. That is my very modest opinion on this particular hormone.

Gman86

To put it plainly, I’m in no way aware of a mechanism by which it would lower fertility. It’s anti e, anti prolactin, pro dopamine. In the realm of physiological dosing, it doesn’t inhibit anything vital to fertility and seems to be pro many things that benefit fertility. That is my very modest opinion on this particular hormone.

Thanks for the reply. Do u happen to know how birth control that contains progestin and estradiol works exactly, in regards to decreasing a woman’s fertility? Does synthetic progestin decrease fertility, and bio-identical progesterone increase fertility? That’s basically what I’m wondering.

JA Battle

Thanks for the reply. Do u happen to know how birth control that contains progestin and estradiol works exactly, in regards to decreasing a woman’s fertility? Does synthetic progestin decrease fertility, and bio-identical progesterone increase fertility? That’s basically what I’m wondering.
Sorry for delayed response. Progesterone can help a lot with fertility but it can interfere with ovulation if too much is taken at the wrong time of a woman’s cycle. They have progestin only BC as well as combination. I’m not sure about the specifics but I’m sure the progestin is stronger and more disruptive than progesterone and also is taken in doses and time frames as prescribed to eliminate fertility.

After conception progesterone can be of benefit. But as always, I’d say operating within the realm of physiological dosing is best.

Can you believe we have a huge segment of our female population on synthetic steroids starting as early as 13? I wonder what role this plays in our society as far as metabolic health and mental health and how behavior and relationships unfolds.

Last edited:

Cataceous

Super Moderator

Progesterone does have some ability to suppress the HPTA. Therefore sufficient exogenous administration could hurt fertility, at least in those with functioning HPTAs.

Like other sex steroids, progesterone is expressed in the male as well as the female, albeit at lower levels. The precise role of progesterone in normal male physiology is unknown, but progesterone receptors have been demonstrated in the male hypothalamus, pituitary, and reproductive tract.
Progestins enhance male hormonal contraceptive efficacy when combined with androgens, an effect attributed to increased hypothalamic-pituitary suppression of gonadotropin secretion directly or through the androgen receptor. Brady et al. compared the effects of progesterone and the synthetic progestin, desogestrel, on gonadotropin secretion and GnRH responsiveness in normal men. Although both progestins decreased LH and FSH secretion, only progesterone decreased the LH response to GnRH. These results demonstrate that progesterone affects gonadotropin secretion through progesterone receptors and provide evidence for such inhibition at both the hypothalamic and pituitary levels.
[R]​

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching