Progesterone’s effect on prolactin

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

DixieWrecked

I like all of the enthusiasm for progesterone lately. I feel like we are into something. The research says that supplementing with preg won't efficiently raise prog which then converts to it's metabolites. Nelson's bloodwork confirms the lack of conversion from preg to prog. This article explains it. The Power of Neuroactive Steroids

Last edited:

Gman86

I like all of the enthusiasm for progesterone lately. I feel like we are into something. The research says that supplementing with preg won't efficiently raise preg which then converts to it's metabolites. Nelson's bloodwork confirms the lack of conversion from preg to prog. This article explains it. The Power of Neuroactive Steroids
Ya I’ve been thinking the same thing for a bit now. That maybe TRT dropping progesterone levels to the very low end of the range, for most men, could be one reason why it’s hard for some guys to get dialed in. I also think that progesterone could be one of the biggest differences between guys on TRT with high test levels, compared to teenagers that have high test levels. They should have normal/ high levels of progesterone, which seems to have the ability to balance out E2, DHT and prolactin (the 3 most likely culprits for side effects on TRT), while guys on TRT usually have very low levels of progesterone, which may make it a lot harder to find balance between all the sex hormones, aka get dialed in. Definitely some interesting concepts that haven’t been explored near enough. Hoping more men look into exogenous progesterone supplementation, and seeing their anecdotal experiences, good or bad. But as of now, I feel like progesterone might be the missing key whenever guys compare men on HRT and teens with high levels of androgens.

DixieWrecked

Since I have been supplementing, three days, I have been alot more chilled out for sure. Sleep was real good last night. 89 sleep score on Fitbit which is super high for me. I think maybe the highest score I've ever had.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
... But as of now, I feel like progesterone might be the missing key whenever guys compare men on HRT and teens with high levels of androgens.
In my experience it is one of many possible "missing" keys. Others include GnRH, kisspeptin, and even LH when hCG is an inadequate replacement. Dr. Gordon mentions 35 hormones affected by TRT. It would be interesting to see his list.

DixieWrecked

What’s ur progesterone protocol? Ur applying it topically to ur scrotum before bed correct?
I have some progesterone cream that is 20mg per pump. Got it at my local health store. I apply it to the scrotum. There is a marked improvement in my calmness. Not nearly as antsy. Dealing with a stressful person was alot better. I didn't get sucked into their bullshit and handled the situation calmly. This all dawned on me this morning after this wonderful night's sleep. I want to emphasize how unique this night of sleep was. I had grown accustomed to bad sleep and just accepted it. This is truly profound to get sleep this restful.

Gman86

In my experience it is one of many possible "missing" keys. Others include GnRH, kisspeptin, and even LH when hCG is an inadequate replacement. Dr. Gordon mentions 35 hormones affected by TRT. It would be interesting to see his list.
There’s clearly so many avenues to still explore. I’m hoping as HRT becomes more mainstream that it helps progress this field at a much faster rate. Hoping a lot of these avenues get explored and figured out before I’m too old to take advantage of them for the majority of my life

Gman86

I have some progesterone cream that is 20mg per pump. Got it at my local health store. I apply it to the scrotum. There is a marked improvement in my calmness. Not nearly as antsy. Dealing with a stressful person was alot better. I didn't get sucked into their bullshit and handled the situation calmly. This all dawned on me this morning after this wonderful night's sleep. I want to emphasize how unique this night of sleep was. I had grown accustomed to bad sleep and just accepted it. This is truly profound to get sleep this restful.
Sleep will always be #1 in regards to optimizing human health, nothing else can come close. So anything that influences it in a positive manner is huge! So are u applying the cream to ur scrotum right before bed? How many days did it take to notice the improvement in sleep?

Also how many days have u been taking it now? Any difference in libido?

Last edited:

DixieWrecked

Sleep will always be #1 in regards to optimizing human health, nothing else can come close. So anything that influences it in a positive manner is huge! So are u applying the cream to ur scrotum right before bed? How many days did it take to notice the improvement in sleep?

Also how many days have u been taking it now? Any difference in libido?
yes for sure. I have to be realistic though. This has only been 3 days With that said....

The level of relaxation that this progesterone brings, allows me to be "alpha" if that makes sense. I'm not high strung and anxious like a woman. I'm calmer, more masculine, not in an intense douche way, but a calm under control way. I feel like this has even allowed my penis to relax instead of being turtled up which definetely helps the libido. Still a long way to go but I have patience.

Yesterday I was at the pool, relaxed as hell, and this smoking hot girl strikes up a conversation with me and eventaully tells me " the reason I approached you is because you looked so relaxed and chill, you aren't trying hard." None of this dawned on me until this morning. Just a week ago, a friend of mine told me that I looked anxious. These observations are starkly contrasting.

Gman86

yes for sure. I have to be realistic though. This has only been 3 days With that said....

The level of relaxation that this progesterone brings, allows me to be "alpha" if that makes sense. I'm not high strung and anxious like a woman. I'm calmer, more masculine, not in an intense douche way, but a calm under control way. I feel like this has even allowed my penis to relax instead of being turtled up which definetely helps the libido. Still a long way to go but I have patience.

Yesterday I was at the pool, relaxed as hell, and this smoking hot girl strikes up a conversation with me and eventaully tells me " the reason I approached you is because you looked so relaxed and chill, you aren't trying hard." None of this dawned on me until this morning. Just a week ago, a friend of mine told me that I looked anxious. These observations are starkly contrasting.
How did the convo go after u told her the reason ur so relaxed is because u applied hormone cream to ur balls the night before? Lol. Jk. Makes sense what she said tho. I also like being around calm and relaxed people, because it helps me stay calm and relaxed. Anxious and nervous people almost make me anxious and uncomfortable just being around them.

and I totally understand the being more alpha thing, anytime I’m more dialed in and relaxed and calm all the time I have much more confidence talking and being around women. But if I’m feeling a little “off” and less calm and relaxed, I have less confidence talking to women because I’m more concerned with not being able to carry the convo how I want. Compared to when I’m calm and relaxed I know I’ll be fine no matter what happens in the interaction and I’ll just roll with it and I know I won’t get anxious or nervous if things don’t go perfectly. Hopefully that make sense. I’m usually always super chill and relaxed and I have really high confidence talking to women, but when I’m feeling foggier or just off sometimes, I definitely am less confident in my ability to interact with women.

So how did that interaction end up goin, don’t leave us hanging lol

So are u applying the 1 pump of cream to ur scrotum right before bed, or in the evening?

DixieWrecked

yes. that calmness was alway lacking on TRT. I have hopes for the progesterone. As for the girl, get this, she was there with what I can gather is her boyfriend. She sat next to me and talked with me for an hour before I had to leave. We exchanged numbers and everything. When I was leaving I saw her with her BF and he looked in desperate need of attention and reassurance. She's probably a ton of trouble and while she seemed very fun and nice, that dude is probably in for a wild ride and ill-eqipped to deal with her. She texted me later yesterday evening. We shall see how it unfolds haha

1 pump to the scrotum. Probably do a half pump because I am seriously mellow.

Gman86

yes. that calmness was alway lacking on TRT. I have hopes for the progesterone. As for the girl, get this, she was there with what I can gather is her boyfriend. She sat next to me and talked with me for an hour before I had to leave. We exchanged numbers and everything. When I was leaving I saw her with her BF and he looked in desperate need of attention and reassurance. She's probably a ton of trouble and while she seemed very fun and nice, that dude is probably in for a wild ride and ill-eqipped to deal with her. She texted me later yesterday evening. We shall see how it unfolds haha

1 pump to the scrotum. Probably do a half pump because I am seriously mellow.
Oh ya, that girl has trouble written all over her. She sounds like she good be a really good time in short bursts tho, if u catch my drift lol. Don’t want to derail the thread or anything, so any further updates feel free to DM me, I’m very curious to see if this completely random interaction ends up leading to anything. Could lead to something fun, could end up being a complete nightmare from the sounds of it, either way I want to hear about it lol

Sorry to keep asking, but do u apply the cream right before bed?

and ya maybe try seeing if less works better for u. The cream I have is 12.5mg per click, so I’m gonna start applying it one click tonight to my scrotum right before I go to sleep

Gman86

At 9:28 into the video Leo says that progesterone will increase prolactin, do u guys think he just doesn’t know what he’s talking about, or that there’s a chance progesterone can actually increase prolactin levels?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
At 9:28 into the video Leo says that progesterone will increase prolactin, do u guys think he just doesn’t know what he’s talking about, or that there’s a chance progesterone can actually increase prolactin levels?
It's usually the opposite.
That reference applies to women, but other sources say it's true for men too. This makes sense, because progesterone opposes estradiol and estradiol promotes prolactin.
"If hyperprolactemia is diagnosed or suspected, progesterone suppresses it safely in both men and women."

Anonymon

I like Leo but I don’t trust him very much. He speaks like someone that read a bunch of studies and made connections that weren’t always there or as simple as he claims they are, but says everything with complete confidence because there’s a lot of grey area. I trust another guy he talks to sometimes called Vigorous Steve more because he eats sleeps and breaths it and does it all himself, and still is, whereas Leo seemingly just flirted with things for a while and then tried geeking out after. He also makes his strongest claims on things you can’t really quantify. His general shtick strikes me as pseudo academic, which given his background fits pretty well with. Like an economist that says a bunch of stuff, then the markets do what they’re going to do, and if he’s wrong it was because of this and if he’s right it was because of that, but at the end of the day it was all words and loose speculation said with confidence.

Gman86

I like Leo but I don’t trust him very much. He speaks like someone that read a bunch of studies and made connections that weren’t always there or as simple as he claims they are, but says everything with complete confidence because there’s a lot of grey area. I trust another guy he talks to sometimes called Vigorous Steve more because he eats sleeps and breaths it and does it all himself, and still is, whereas Leo seemingly just flirted with things for a while and then tried geeking out after. He also makes his strongest claims on things you can’t really quantify. His general shtick strikes me as pseudo academic, which given his background fits pretty well with. Like an economist that says a bunch of stuff, then the markets do what they’re going to do, and if he’s wrong it was because of this and if he’s right it was because of that, but at the end of the day it was all words and loose speculation said with confidence.
U might be spot on here. I love Vigorous Steve’s stuff

mhinesii

You might want to try lower and less frequent doses of topical progesterone cream. I started with it several months ago at 1 pump (20mg) sscrotal application daily before bed and it seemed to help with calmness, etc. for a couple of weeks, then estrogen levels jumped up and caused problems. High doses of progesterone get eventually converted to estrogen. Found out that the half-life for topical applied progesterone is 30-40 hours, so dropped my dose to .25 pumps (5 mg) every other night. For the last few months this has worked well, so far. Currently take Test cypionate 62mg SQ twice weekly, 12,5mg DHEA daily, .21mg Anastrazole daily, NO HCG and 5mg progesterone scrotally every other night. Been on TRT for 8 years, 65 yr old, 6' 1", 220lb, total Test 550, E2 LC/MS Labcorp 58. I believe that the addition of DHEA and progesterone fill in some of the gaps that TRT causes.

Ya I’ve been thinking the same thing for a bit now. That maybe TRT dropping progesterone levels to the very low end of the range, for most men, could be one reason why it’s hard for some guys to get dialed in. I also think that progesterone could be one of the biggest differences between guys on TRT with high test levels, compared to teenagers that have high test levels. They should have normal/ high levels of progesterone, which seems to have the ability to balance out E2, DHT and prolactin (the 3 most likely culprits for side effects on TRT), while guys on TRT usually have very low levels of progesterone, which may make it a lot harder to find balance between all the sex hormones, aka get dialed in. Definitely some interesting concepts that haven’t been explored near enough. Hoping more men look into exogenous progesterone supplementation, and seeing their anecdotal experiences, good or bad. But as of now, I feel like progesterone might be the missing key whenever guys compare men on HRT and teens with high levels of androgens.
I’ve been doing one pump of progesterone cream, that I purchased from Amazon, nightly applied to the scrotum for the past three months. This has significantly boosted my libido and quality of orgasm more than anything else I’ve tried, hands down. I’ve done test cream, injections, HCG, etc. I’m now having the most enjoyable sex that I’ve ever had in my life time. I did notice I had to significantly lower my weekly dose of HCG after adding in the progesterone.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me