Pregnenolone and DHEA

Buy Lab Tests Online

klawler9

Ill start with question first then you can read as much or as little of this thread as you want.

Should I supplement with Pregnenolone and/or DHEA?

I listend to a podcast with Dr Rob Kominiarek. He was discussing pregnenolone and how important it can be for some men with regards to short term memory loss after testosterone therapy and also controlling anxiety. He described it as the master hormone but upstream from several other hormones so taking testosterone can interfere with it.

Interestingly he and the host joked about men going on it without labs but then he also said that if you want to "hear what the color red sounds like" you should go on pregnenolone. Perhaps he just meant this is what you may experience but it sounded like he was making the case the this is a good thing to be on, maybe for a lot of people.

I went back through all the labs I've had the past 10 years and I do not see a lab anywhere for this hormone. I've had short term memory issues for a very long time as well as high anxiety in certain situations. They are not better or worse since starting TRT this past summer.

My DHEA levels have declined but are within normal ranges (2015 DHEA/S 8 ng/ml - 2017 5 ng/ml) Other test using different values show 2013 DHEA/S at 314 then in 2017 251 mcg/dL.

I worked with a decent Dr for the TRT initially but lost faith in him as he is not up on some current things. He also put me on Anastrozole as "insurance". I've recently taken myself off this as my levels of Estrogen were not that high before and I don't think the risk of Osteoporosis is worth whatever potential benefits there are. Admittedly though I pushed him towards this as I discussed excess fat around my chest and that I thought it may have to do with estrogen.

My PCP is great but will readily admit to not knowing this stuff in detail. He is working with me closely and is learning all the time which I think is the kind of Dr you want on your side.

Current protocol is .25ml x week Cyp. Taking a really good multi that has the minerals, also fish oil. Metformin as well but the stomach distress is hard given my travel schedule so I go on and off of it.

(I want to try HCG but can't bring myself to order from one of these foreign sources. I may try and get a script through an online lab here in the States. I would also like to get a 10ml bottle of Cyp since the local pharmacies will only do the 1ml and getting 4 doses out of it is annoying as hell)

I've read Nelson's take on Pregnenolone but am wondering if he is considering updating it as it didn't seem like he felt it was super important back in 2016 when he wrote it.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Of the upstream or downstream conversion there's plenty of anecdotal evidence on the forum that there's some dysfunction in that process, imparied enzyme activity, or something else because use of HCG would supposedly spur that but again, plenty of examples guys that say HCG does nothing for them. The same with Preg and/or DHEA. Such an individual thing because if that pathway was working in the Hypogonadal male, you wouldn't need DHEA because the Preg would downstream convert. Or DHT, too, but plenty of guys that present with low DHT.

I think it's all great theory, the guys that proclaim to do well on it are pretty lucky, guys trying either prohormone should start really low and titrate up and judge their tolerance(s) for it, and never go by numbers on a lab page.

I don't advocate the use of either of those ProHormones.

JPB

It's mostly trial and error. I use to feel DHEA did nothing for me and was even mildly suppressive. I still feel it is mildly suppressive, but at 100mg post-workout, I find the benefits outweigh the minuses. I'm 58

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me