Oxandrolone and Lab work

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
Simple question that i cannot find the answer to: Will Oxandrolone alter Total Testosterone/ Free Testosterone on lab work?

High T/AAS doses (excess androgens) and c-17 alpha-alkylated orals (due to the first pass) can have a strong effect on SHBG levels.

High-dosed injectable testosterone/AAS can drive down SHBG.

c-17 alpha-alkylated orals including oxandrolone are notorious for hammering down SHBG.

Semisynthetic androgens, including oxandrolone, cross-react in testosterone assays.

*Current analytical methods for the detection of AAS, SARMs, and other steroids and compounds of abuse include GC and LC coupled to MS detectors. MS-based methods are powerful and very useful for use in sports doping laboratories because they are specific and sensitive detection methods. They, however, have the major limitation that they cannot identify compounds of unknown structure and rely on prior knowledge of the structure of the steroid.

To be on the safe side you should be using the most accurate assays TT (LC/MS-MS) and FT (Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration).

Even then everyone on trt regardless of whether they are using therapeutic doses of nandrolone, oxandrolone, or stanozolol should be using the most accurate assays!

Total Testosterone (LC/MS- No Upper Limit) and Free Testosterone (Equilibrium Dialysis)

Total Testosterone (LC/MS- No Upper Limit) and Free Testosterone (Equilibrium Ultrafiltration)

Total Testosterone (LC/MS- No Upper Limit) and Free Testosterone (Equilibrium Dialysis)

Total Testosterone (LC/MS- No Upper Limit) and Free Testosterone (Equilibrium Ultrafiltration)

madman

Super Moderator
Think of how many men on trt are running steady-state trough TT (1500-2000+ ng/dL) let alone FT (50-60+ ng/dL) levels well beyond what would be needed!

These are the assays they need to be using/relying upon when testing in order to know where their TT/FT levels TRULY sit!

Gman86

It will definitely make free T go up due to lowering SHBG. From the labs I’ve seen with guys using Oxandrolone it also seems to lower total testosterone to a certain degree for some reason. Could have something to do with the body trying to reach a level of homeostasis. Here’s an example of what

8-15-17 labs were while on this protocol:

Test- 90mg split into EOD dosing

HCG - 600IU split into EOD dosing (Pregnyl HCG)

Arimidex - 0.25mg EOD

Total T - 1299 (250-1100 ng/dL)

Free T - 146.6 (46.0-224.0)

Bio T - 307.8 (110.0-575.0 ng/dL)

SHBG 51 (10-50)

E2 Sensitive - 8

E2 NOT Sensitive - 13

E2 Free - 0.28 (0.2-1.5)

12-13-17 labs were while on this protocol:

Test- 90mg split into EOD dosing

HCG- 800iu split into EOD dosing (Pregnyl HCG)

Exemestane - 6.25mg EOD

Total T - 974 (250-1100 ng/dL)

Free T - 142.6 (46.0-224.0)

Bio T- 287.0 (110.0-575.0 ng/dL)

SHBG 36 (10-50)

E2 Sensitive - 9

E2 NOT Sensitive - 13

E2 Free - 0.28 (0.2-1.5)

Here’s labs I had done like 4 months apart. Pretty similar protocols. Only difference is I switched out the anastrozole for aromasin. And aromasin lowers SHBG, and anastrozole doesn’t. So on the 2nd set of labs my SHBG went down, but my free and bio T are almost identical. What my body did was drop my total T, for some reason, so that my free T would remain around where it was. Really weird. I still to this day don’t really know why my body did that. Interesting stuff tho. I’ve seen some labs on Oxandrolone that were kind of similar. SHBG dropped, and total T dropped as well, and ultimately free T went up, but not as much as u would think considering how much lower their SHBG was. Obv this was due to their body lowering their total T a bit

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me