Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey Protien

bako

Thread starter #1
I recently switched Whey powders after discovering labdoor.com. They test supplements and this one rated very highly. There are several great whey products out there, unfortunately there are many more that are absolute junk. I encourage you to do a bit of research to find out how your protein powder rates. Anyway, I picked the Optimum Nutrition Whey and it's been a great choice. My 16yo son and I both think it taste great, and mixes well. I bought the chocolate flavor. I have tried many whey powders this one is my favorite. I was SUPRISED to find that the last several protein powders I had used were full of fillers and we're spiked with aditives. Especially since the last two were quite expensive. I highly recommend ON Gold Standard.

Yes - I've been a big fan of Optimum Nutrition for many years now. Their Gold Standard Whey has been awesome and consistent, and it's great to see that it's high quality per Labdoor's assessment!

However - I get tired of the taste of certain brands after a while. So I periodically seek out different brands. Taste is very subjective as well, and some taste better than others.

Beverly International - though not rated on Labdoor - is very high quality and probably one of the best tasting I've had:
http://www.dpsnutrition.net/i/942/beverly-muscle-provider-choc-1-lb-14-68-oz.htm

My nephew has recently bought the MyProtein brand, which is rated an A on Labdoor - and he said it tastes great. So I'll probably try that one next.

NOW Foods has always been a great brand for quality supplements - so it's nice to see it play out that way on Labdoor.

ON has been the only Whey I've been using, tried a few other "natural", "denatured", "unflavored" brands out there and I just like ON Gold Standard for the flavor and only 2g of sugar. Most anything else I tried was heavy in sugar or just tasted plain awful. With ON it has enough flavor that it's easy to drink and has a little bit of the psychological "treat" response for me.

I've been using ON exclusively and I think it tastes great.

If you want a real treat try this out:

Sludge
In a bowl:
1/2 cup oats
1 scoop ON (chocolate)
1 tsp peanut butter
Add coconut milk slowly and mix until consistency is how you like it

I've been using ON exclusively and I think it tastes great.

If you want a real treat try this out:

Sludge
In a bowl:
1/2 cup oats
1 scoop ON (chocolate)
1 tsp peanut butter
Add coconut milk slowly and mix until consistency is how you like it
I make a similar snack with peanut butter and honey, one scoop of ON. I add in some minichocolate chips, too.

personally i dont like gold standard whey i prefer scitec over many brands.. i dont know why gold standard and any ON product when open a brand new tub the sealing in side is not really sealed wonder if thats how it is all over the worldor just here and im buying it from the official distributer

Are you guys worried at at about the artificial sweeteners they put in a lot of these powders? I have used ON natural flavored for a long time, but now I'm switching to a brand that has only whey isolate and lecithin. It probably tastes like crap, but that's why I put berries in the shake.