Odd side effect from testosterone - eczema?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Pacman

So this is a bit of a weird side effect that I attribute to testosterone. So I have had recurring eczema on my hands (on and off, and always much worse in the winter) since I was a teen. In the last 5-6 years it got even worse and more frequent. I often can't go more than 2 days without applying vaseline to my hands at least once (and often times I need to do it 2-3 times in the same day), otherwise my hands get chipped and red and sore. Very aggravating. I have been prescribed hydrocortisone several times (usually a week long treatment each time) and it usually helps for a month or two, but it always comes back. And what makes the eczema worse is when I need to wash my hands with soap more often.

However, I did have 3 full weeks in which I did not inject (from 2/7 to 2/28) and in the past two weeks my eczema COMPLETELY cleared up! (The reason I stopped for a few weeks is explained in another post of mine)

Throughout these two weeks, even on days where I would be working with my hands and washed them with soap like 20 times throughout the day (and I am really OCD about applying soap when my hands are soiled, each time I reapply soap 2-3 times after the soap is washed off). No eczema whatsoever. A bit of dryness yes, but nothing that bothered me enough to do something about it. Full normal color of hands remain, barely any redness either.

I injected again yesterday morning just 40 mg of cypionate, and boom just like that today my hands are red and excessively dry again.

Could injecting testosterone, even at small doses, actually be directly connected to eczema inflammation?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

bixt

Please upload some recent labs, including FT, E2 and especially DHT. Maybe we can find something here relating to hormones.

Also do some bloods for inflammation markers when this is happening. Maybe we can find something here relating to an allergy to one of the components of the injection.

Also, are you doing Subq by any chance?

CanadaJim

I will share my strange skin experience. While on self prescribed TRT I developed an eczema like skin condition. My Doc initially thought eczema and then sent me to a dermatologist who concluded that it was actually Dermatographia. The thought is that my body had a histamine reaction to whatever carrier oil was used in the testosterone. I contacted the lab and was told that they used cotton seed oil. I eventually switched to another lab that used grapeseed oil but it didn't didn't seem to make much difference. The dermatologist told me that it could take months to years for it to eventually decrease, even after stopping testosterone. She prescribed an antihistamine (Rupall) which has helped tremendously.

Pngbushman

Please upload some recent labs, including FT, E2 and especially DHT. Maybe we can find something here relating to hormones.

Also do some bloods for inflammation markers when this is happening. Maybe we can find something here relating to an allergy to one of the components of the injection.

Also, are you doing Subq by any chance?

I do subQ tCyp w/ cottonseed. Started noticing red rash appear on side of face and on my back and chest. Is this a possible adverse reaction to the oil?

bixt

I do subQ tCyp w/ cottonseed. Started noticing red rash appear on side of face and on my back and chest. Is this a possible adverse reaction to the oil?

Could well be an allergic reaction to the carrier oil or other ingredients.

Things to try:
- IM instead of Subq (which may or may not solve an immune response issue to your current brand)
- Other brands with different carrier oils (MCT, grapeseed)
- Pharma vs compounded test (lower BB in pharma test, hence thicker oil)
- Testing for cottonseed/grapeseed/BB allergy
- Cream instead of injections
- Xyosted which is free of BB and BA as far as I know

Systemlord

So I have had recurring eczema on my hands (on and off, and always much worse in the winter)

Your problems with eczema are likely the result of low vitamin D which would be lower in the winter months.

When I had vitamin D deficiency, I had red patches of skin on my hands and feet.

Last edited:

Pngbushman

Could well be an allergic reaction to the carrier oil or other ingredients.

Things to try:
- IM instead of Subq (which may or may not solve an immune response issue to your current brand)
- Other brands with different carrier oils (MCT, grapeseed)
- Pharma vs compounded test (lower BB in pharma test, hence thicker oil)
- Testing for cottonseed/grapeseed/BB allergy
- Cream instead of injections
- Xyosted which is free of BB and BA as far as I know

I use Empower Pharmacy. I've yet to find a pharmacy that uses MCT; do you have a list Pharmacies that offer t-cyp w/ MCT?

Pacman

Your problems with eczema are likely the result of low vitamin D which would be lower in the winter months.

When I had vitamin D deficiency, I had red patches of skin on my hands and feet.
I wish it was only this. But I supplement vitamin D almost daily (being fat soluble I don't take them every day, and the ones I take are 5000 IUs, so it's far above the RDI), and I still get eczema unfortunately.

Pacman

that is actully a good one. I'm not looking for advice atm... thanks
It's on my hands, why would a picture help? It's like any other eczema. Itchy dry irritated rashy skin, split easily by dryness. It comes and goes. What helps somewhat is constant application of vaseline.

Fernando Almaguer

It's on my hands, why would a picture help? It's like any other eczema. Itchy dry irritated rashy skin, split easily by dryness. It comes and goes. What helps somewhat is constant application of vaseline.
Oh ok I am curious. No biggie .. I do hope you get some releif. I wonder if carnivore diet, fasting or dietary cancelation of some foods would help. I hear it is genetic as well. Best to you man

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me