My First Injection Exp and What Gauge For Glutes?

Buy Lab Tests Online

johnt

Today was my 4th injection of TRT. Still not feeling anything difference as far as mood, energy, etc. First injection was done in the doctor's office where they showed me how to inject. Since I want to inject on my own they recommended injecting into QUAD with 25 gauge 1 inch needle. Nurse did my first injection, no pain. She said I should aspirate needled even though in her 25 years has not seen blood in needle but still recommends I do so.

So 1 week later it is time for me to inject. This time all on my own. Needle prep goes smooth and I make my first attempt. As I am inserting the needle about 3/4 of the way into muscle I feel a sting/pain as if I hit a nerve. I remove the needle, put on a new tip then insert needle into another spot. It goes in with no problem so I aspirate and sure enough there is blood in the needle. At this point, I am so frustrated so I call my doctor and they tell me to come right in. I walk the nurse through the process I followed and she said I did everything correctly. So at this time I just have her complete the injection. Nurse recommends since I am married and have someone that can and is willing to help with injection that I instead inject into my glutes. So for the last 2 weeks I am injecting into the glute but my wife is basically doing it.

Anyone else injecting into the glute? If so, do you use a smaller gauge needle or shorter? I'm wondering if I can go with a slightly shorter needle for glutes or does it need to be 1 inch.

Side Note: I'm aware the majority of excel members recommend doing more than 1 injection per week. As Nelson mentioned there are some docs that start out low then slowly go higher and others that start out high then slowly drop dosage and increase frequency over time. I discussed this with the doc when I first started and based on my blood work, etc. he started me out on 1 injection of 200mg T-Cyp every week. After 12 weeks, he will run additional blood work and adjust dosage. At that time, as I am getting more comfortable with injecting I will then try going to twice weekly injections.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
There's no reason at all to be jamming yourself with a 25g harpoon, have you not seen SQ and how that's done...what you're doing to yourself is completely unecessary with a 25g. I ask because you've been on EM for quite awhile.

johnt

There's no reason at all to be jamming yourself with a 25g harpoon, have you not seen SQ and how that's done...what you're doing to yourself is completely unecessary with a 25g. I ask because you've been on EM for quite awhile.

@Vince Carter thanks for the response. It really made me LOL. You were politely saying "Hey dumbass, haven't you learned anything from being on this forum." I guess I am a slow learner. I've read a mixed bag on these forums about SQ. It appears most are injecting IM but shallow. Just was not sure if I could go with smaller needle in glutes.

@MG123, thanks as well for the response. I think I will go that route. Any particular brand you use? You pick-up at local drugstore or order online?

Sean Mosher

25g 1" in the glutes shouldn't be a problem at all if you want to get your partner to inject you.
I used to inject myself in the glutes with that same size.

Now however, I rotate between delts (27g 1/2") and quads (25g 5/8").
You have plenty of options and can consider SubQ as well.

CSI007

Really not sure what your gaining by injecting that harpoon in you. :confused:

If I had to do that I probably would have continued to suffer the effects of low T. No way I would be using a needle like that and going into the muscle tissue. Uh aaa...No way.

codus2112

I use 29g, .5ml, 1/2 needle, piece of cake. Shallow injection into the upper/outer glute? Right under and back of my hipbone i guess.

madman

Super Moderator
@Vince Carter thanks for the response. It really made me LOL. You were politely saying "Hey dumbass, haven't you learned anything from being on this forum." I guess I am a slow learner. I've read a mixed bag on these forums about SQ. It appears most are injecting IM but shallow. Just was not sure if I could go with smaller needle in glutes.

@MG123, thanks as well for the response. I think I will go that route. Any particular brand you use? You pick-up at local drugstore or order online?

Absorption rates between sub-q vs IM should be the same just comes down to your preference. Just because most seem to do one way, do what is most comfortable for you. I do strictly sub-q and only inject into my abdominal fat. I am 12 weeks into trt and the last 6 weeks at 75mg every 3.5 days, just had bloods done last Friday, total t 42.5 nmol/L (1200ng/dl) range 7.6-31.4 nmol/L and free t 1336 pmol/L range 196-636 pmol/L. Mood/energy/libido/strength and recovery are great!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me