Metformin side effects

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Good morning! does you doctor have you on Met to treat type two diabetes? I tried it for a a month to see if I would benefit from it but just did not feel well on it. I just eat a lower carb diet and am just fine now with a 5.1 A1C
Do you actually have type 2 diabetes or are you insulin resistant?

MarcoFL

I do not. Was really intrigued by all the positive talk about it. I had noticed anytime I tried to eat any candy my blood sugar would stay elevated for hours. I decided it was just not worth is to have any sweets. My body fat runs 15% and as long as get my exercise in and eat clean my glucose stays around 75-85. my fasting insulin was just tested at 7.8 and my ND wants it 7 or under. do you know anything on those ranges? Labcorp says up to like 21?? seems kind of high to me.

Walker DC APRN

Metformin and exercise independently improve insulin sensitivity and decrease the risk of diabetes. Metformin was also recently proposed as a potential therapy to slow aging. However, recent evidence indicates that adding metformin to exercise antagonizes the exercise‐induced improvement in insulin sensitivity and cardiorespiratory fitness.

Metformin inhibits mitochondrial adaptations to aerobic exercise training in older adults.

Vince

Super Moderator
I do not. Was really intrigued by all the positive talk about it. I had noticed anytime I tried to eat any candy my blood sugar would stay elevated for hours. I decided it was just not worth is to have any sweets. My body fat runs 15% and as long as get my exercise in and eat clean my glucose stays around 75-85. my fasting insulin was just tested at 7.8 and my ND wants it 7 or under. do you know anything on those ranges? Labcorp says up to like 21?? seems kind of high to me.
Sounds like you're doing an excellent job controlling your iinsulin levels. I also follow a low-carb diet, for the same reason you are. To control my insulin levels.

SkyWarn

Is Metformin a good first-line treatment for newly diagnosed or pre-diabetics? My uncle was recently diagnosed type 2 diabetes and the doc went straight to insulin medications.

dnfuss

Is Metformin a good first-line treatment for newly diagnosed or pre-diabetics? My uncle was recently diagnosed type 2 diabetes and the doc went straight to insulin medications.
Varies with the patient (and the doctor). Low-carb diet and exercise is a good initial approach, to be followed with metformin if blood sugar goals aren't reached. But many doctors will place a patient who presents with persistent significantly elevated blood sugars (e.g., fasting state of over 160 mg/dl) on insulin immediately.

MarcoFL

Vince

Super Moderator
Varies with the patient (and the doctor). Low-carb diet and exercise is a good initial approach, to be followed with metformin if blood sugar goals aren't reached. But many doctors will place a patient who presents with persistent significantly elevated blood sugars (e.g., fasting state of over 160 mg/dl) on insulin immediately.
Fasting glucose of 160 would be pretty scary.

VacationMan

One of Defy's PAs noticed that my A1c was creeping up and had reached the point of pre-diabetes (type-2). She told me to try a supplement called Berberine. Comes in 250 mg capsules and doses just like Metformin. Added plus is that it doesn't have any of the gastric side effects of Metformin.

Adding insult to injury, I also have Hashimotos (have to take both T4 and T3 meds). One of Defy's PAs suggested that I go on a gluten and dairy free diet. So between that and a significant reduction in sugar intake, I've managed to bring my fasting glucose below 90 and my A1c to a very comfortable 4.8 to 5.0. Added bonus is that the gluten/dairy free diet has reduced my thyroid antibodies by 50% (they're still elevated though). It's helped me.

SkyWarn

One of Defy's PAs noticed that my A1c was creeping up and had reached the point of pre-diabetes (type-2). She told me to try a supplement called Berberine. Comes in 250 mg capsules and doses just like Metformin. Added plus is that it doesn't have any of the gastric side effects of Metformin.

Adding insult to injury, I also have Hashimotos (have to take both T4 and T3 meds). One of Defy's PAs suggested that I go on a gluten and dairy free diet. So between that and a significant reduction in sugar intake, I've managed to bring my fasting glucose below 90 and my A1c to a very comfortable 4.8 to 5.0. Added bonus is that the gluten/dairy free diet has reduced my thyroid antibodies by 50% (they're still elevated though). It's helped me.
Would Defy treat diabetes?

VacationMan

I suppose they would. I do know they treat thyroid, so why not diabetes too? The Defy portal (where I order my Rx meds) includes ordering Metformin. Have not seen insulin there though.

Vince

Super Moderator

You can also buy metformin through Reliable RX

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching