Issues Day After Taking Pregnelone

Buy Lab Tests Online

WhatSayYou89

Tried experimenting to see how pregnelone would make me feel for it to see if it could help with brain fog & libido issues on trt.

Taking 5mg sublingual usually at night I feel pretty good that night. Relaxes me and get a good nights sleep (better than usual).

After about 12 hours I either get a bad headache or just get a very down feel almost depression like.

I’ve tried also taking it 2-3 days in a row and each day gets worse.

Probably tried it at least 10 different times with the same result.

Anyone else experienced something similar with pregnelone?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

DS3

Tried experimenting to see how pregnelone would make me feel for it to see if it could help with brain fog & libido issues on trt.

Taking 5mg sublingual usually at night I feel pretty good that night. Relaxes me and get a good nights sleep (better than usual).

After about 12 hours I either get a bad headache or just get a very down feel almost depression like.

Yep, and I just rode it out, and those symptoms cleared up.

WhatSayYou89

Yep, and I just rode it out, and those symptoms cleared up

Interesting. Any idea how long it took before it cleared up?

Because it builds up for me like the issues from day 1 is bad, day 2 worse and so on. If it took 2 weeks for it to feel better I would be a train wreck mentally by the end of the first week.

Also do you feel adding the pregnelone was worth it?

tropicaldaze1950

Yep, and I just rode it out, and those symptoms cleared up.
Dose? For me, with bipolar illness/predominantly depression, two weeks of low mood or worse, plus any other sides, is difficult. My urologist told me he didn't do well on it, either. Yet Ray Peat took up to a 1000 mg daily, for several years, decades ago, with zero side effects.

Since pregnenolone is the first one in the hormonal cascade, not alien to the body like a pharmaceutical, what's the thought on why some people get significant negative sides from it? Since you rode it out, did you read something that addressed feeling worse before feeling better on it? Thanks.

Vince

Super Moderator

I supplement with Pregnenolone 10 mg every night for years now. The only difference was it did increase my DHEA level. Other than that I felt no difference supplementing with it or not.

WhatSayYou89

Dose? For me, with bipolar illness/predominantly depression, two weeks of low mood or worse, plus any other sides, is difficult. My urologist told me he didn't do well on it, either. Yet Ray Peat took up to a 1000 mg daily, for several years, decades ago, with zero side effects.

Since pregnenolone is the first one in the hormonal cascade, not alien to the body like a pharmaceutical, what's the thought on why some people get significant negative sides from it? Since you rode it out, did you read something that addressed feeling worse before feeling better on it? Thanks.

You summarized up my questions in this perfectly, especially with someone battles with depression.

The dosage amount is something that confused me as well (I know dosages depend on the person) but if I’m taking 5mg and getting these side effects, I can only imagine how bad 1000mg or some of these higher doses that I’m seeing others take.

WhatSayYou89

After three days taking it in a row now I haven’t noticed the usual issues that continued to persist the previous times I’ve tried it.

The only noticeable difference this time is that I’m also on hcg while taking it.

Even though the negative portions haven’t continued like before I still haven’t noticed anything worth noting on any effect on mental, libido or anything of that nature.

I do like it because it helps me relax and fall asleep. Usually I’ve had to use melatonin or other sleep aids which always leave lingering side effects for me.

So even I don’t see any other benefits from it I may end up just continuing to take it as a sleep aid if anything.

Hopefully it just takes time and other potential benefits will start to show with continued use.

tropicaldaze1950

You summarized up my questions in this perfectly, especially with someone battles with depression.

The dosage amount is something that confused me as well (I know dosages depend on the person) but if I’m taking 5mg and getting these side effects, I can only imagine how bad 1000mg or some of these higher doses that I’m seeing others take.
As you know, some of us get different effects from preg, including negative sides. Ray Peat wrote about a man he knew, decades ago, who was taking 2000 mg daily. I believe I read, also on raypeatforum.com, that there are those who respond, better, to high dosing of preg, but not to low dosing. From high dose experiments with it, I found I couldn't orgasm. Too much conversion to progesterone or elevated E2. Taking it at night caused severe reflux from relaxing the lower esophogial sphincter. Nothing like being awakened by a mouthful of hydrochloric laced food, coughing your head off and downing lots of baking soda and activated charcoal capsules.

Last edited:

WhatSayYou89

As you know, some of us get different effects from preg, including negative sides. Ray Peat wrote about a man he knew, decades ago, who was taking 2000 mg daily. I believe I read, also on raypeatforum.com, that there are those who respond, better, to high dosing of preg, but not to low dosing. From high dose experiments with it, I found I couldn't orgasm. Too much conversion to progesterone or elevated E2. Taking it at night caused severe reflux from relaxing the lower esophogial sphincter. Nothing like being awakened by a mouthful of hydrochloric laced food, coughing your head off and downing lots of baking soda and activated charcoal capsules.

I’ve actually been reading a lot of posts on that forum in regards to pregnelone these past few days. Some good insight. I always thought pregnelone could cause elevated e2 issues but it can actually be the quite opposite according to what I’ve read there it can act as an aromatize inhibitor.

Maybe that’s why it hasn’t been too negative this go around this time since I’ve had higher e2 levels than usual bc I’m on hcg this time.

Last edited:

tropicaldaze1950

I’ve actually been reading a lot of posts on that forum in regards to pregnelone these past few days. Some good insight. I always thought pregnelone could cause elevated e2 issues but it can actually be the quite opposite according to what I’ve read there it can act as an aromatize inhibitor.

Maybe that’s why it hasn’t been too negative this go around this time since I’ve had higher e2 levels than usual bc I’m on hcg this time.
I've also read that, some of the statements attributed to Dr. Peat. Pregnenolone, I presume through its conversion to progesterone, opposes estradiol, and some of the symptoms such as bloating & weight gain are attributed to estradiol being released but not every man does well with increased progesterone, experiencing erectile and orgasm problems, while other men find improvements with their libido and erections.

WhatSayYou89

I've also read that, some of the statements attributed to Dr. Peat. Pregnenolone, I presume through its conversion to progesterone, opposes estradiol, and some of the symptoms such as bloating & weight gain are attributed to estradiol being released but not every man does well with increased progesterone, experiencing erectile and orgasm problems, while other men find improvements with their libido and erections.

I have some progesterone cream I tried about 6 months ago. At the time I was just attempting to backfill hormones to see what might help.

Remembered it made me feel better at first then worse so maybe by applying it daily over the next couple of days. I guess similar to how the pregnelone did.

Gonna try stick with just the pregnelone now to see how everything works out.

Noticed the past few nights I’m waking up with some intense hunger multiple times in middle of night.

tropicaldaze1950

I have some progesterone cream I tried about 6 months ago. At the time I was just attempting to backfill hormones to see what might help.

Remembered it made me feel better at first then worse so maybe by applying it daily over the next couple of days. I guess similar to how the pregnelone did.

Gonna try stick with just the pregnelone now to see how everything works out.

Noticed the past few nights I’m waking up with some intense hunger multiple times in middle of night.
Took 35 mg(Health Natura micronized powder) at 6 p.m. after an emotionally stressful day. Maybe I was already tired, but was quite sleepy and relaxed, though a bit on the depressed side. Went to bed at 10:15, woke up at 5:45 yet didn't feel rested. That's my story with bipolar illness; non-restorative sleep. Also edgy and irritable for a couple of hours after waking. Reducing the dose would be the next step. Still debating whether to try it tonight. My aim is to restore nocturnal erections and morning wood.

Mastodont

Yet is it so natural when ingested and processed through liver? It seems the metabolites vary form person to person, or then they dont but are not called for in everyone. Definitely different when in microcrystalline powder capsules vs plain, plain taken in the morning made me lethargic and micronised gave energy, both ruin sleep next night. I am doomed to loose sleep with pretty much everything i try, oral progesterone similar.

tropicaldaze1950

Yet is it so natural when ingested and processed through liver? It seems the metabolites vary form person to person, or then they dont but are not called for in everyone. Definitely different when in microcrystalline powder capsules vs plain, plain taken in the morning made me lethargic and micronised gave energy, both ruin sleep next night. I am doomed to loose sleep with pretty much everything i try, oral progesterone similar.
I took it, once more, at 5 p.m. 35 mg. Slept 8 hours but exhausted, as if I didn't sleep. Don't want to try half that dose or even a tiny dose. Finished experimenting with pregnenolone.

Mastodont

I took it, once more, at 5 p.m. 35 mg. Slept 8 hours but exhausted, as if I didn't sleep. Don't want to try half that dose or even a tiny dose. Finished experimenting with pregnenolone.
Yeah seems to be the same for me, sleep is superficial and wild. 50-100mg of life extension pregnenolone does give a noticeable energy boost but even the 50mg does wreck sleep to some extent.

tropicaldaze1950

Yeah seems to be the same for me, sleep is superficial and wild. 50-100mg of life extension pregnenolone does give a noticeable energy boost but even the 50mg does wreck sleep to some extent.
Ray Peat had written that when taking pregnenolone a person should increase their carbs since it upregulates the metabolism and depletes the liver of glycogen, IIRC. Some on raypeatforum.com consume high amounts of sugar or fruit or OJ w/added sugar. I'm not going to dispute their experiences. Even w/o pregnenolone, I have to eat a lot of carbs to maintain my glycogen stores. I've found I sleep better, sometimes, if I have cereal or several pieces of bread and butter with jelly before bed. I need to be consistent with that routine but I'm not.

Mastodont

Ray Peat had written that when taking pregnenolone a person should increase their carbs since it upregulates the metabolism and depletes the liver of glycogen, IIRC. Some on raypeatforum.com consume high amounts of sugar or fruit or OJ w/added sugar. I'm not going to dispute their experiences. Even w/o pregnenolone, I have to eat a lot of carbs to maintain my glycogen stores. I've found I sleep better, sometimes, if I have cereal or several pieces of bread and butter with jelly before bed. I need to be consistent with that routine but I'm not.
Thats wild, as someone who failed the glucose tolerance test and is prediabetic i think i'm personally gonna skip that :)

WhatSayYou89

Almost like clockwork I wake up 2 -3 hours after going to sleep I wake up scavenging for carbs. So even though it helps with getting to sleep, ending up feeling less rested bc of waking up. Plus the downside of gaining weight.

Bailing on it, if I could see any difference then I might consider twice a week or something’s besides everyday. Just never seen any positives over the times I’ve tried it.

WhatSayYou89

Is it possible to have withdrawal effects from pregnelone?

Every since I’ve stopped taking it I hit a wall in terms of energy around 1-2 pm & no amount of caffeine can pull me out.

I can’t remember the last time I’ve been this tired. Actually had to leave work early one day this week because how tired and how fast it hit me.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me