is there such thing as Free E2 "calculator"

Buy Lab Tests Online

Diablo666

not talking about the blood test, I know I can get that, but a calculator similar to the one used to calculate free testosterone. If so, can anyone post the link? I have tried to find it with no luck.

I have low SHBG and my E2 needs to be managed at very low levels, so this tool may be useful to use in conjunction with blood tests.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

swoops36

not talking about the blood test, I know I can get that, but a calculator similar to the one used to calculate free testosterone. If so, can anyone post the link? I have tried to find it with no luck.

I have low SHBG and my E2 needs to be managed at very low levels, so this tool may be useful to use in conjunction with blood tests.
For what it’s worth, my bloodwork just came back with SHBG <15 and e2 77 and I feel amazing. I would not automatically think you need lower e2 based on low SHBG.

Diablo666

that is very weird...but it may be the result that everybody is just different. have you feel better with E2 at lower levels like 40-50 or even lower?

swoops36

that is very weird...but it may be the result that everybody is just different. have you feel better with E2 at lower levels like 40-50 or even lower?
Yep everyone reacts differently in this. I felt awful with e2 <5 at one point and so-so with it at 11.6. I stopped my AI months ago and just figured I’d let it ride and feel my best now.

Diablo666

well
Yep everyone reacts differently in this. I felt awful with e2 <5 at one point and so-so with it at 11.6. I stopped my AI months ago and just figured I’d let it ride and feel my best now.

well, to be honest I have also dropped AI at times and my E2 goes up to like 35-40.. which is super high for me, and I feel reasonably well energy wise and everything. It is just my libido is non-existent. But I have never let it that high for more than 3-4 weeks. So I may give it another try at some point if keeping it low does not yield the results I want

swoops36

well

well, to be honest I have also dropped AI at times and my E2 goes up to like 35-40.. which is super high for me, and I feel reasonably well energy wise and everything. It is just my libido is non-existent. But I have never let it that high for more than 3-4 weeks. So I may give it another try at some point if keeping it low does not yield the results I want
Oh yeah maybe give it time. My libido was dead when I was on the AI, or when it was there really felt like nothing. Really hit or miss. Now it’s great, but it’s been 2-3 months. If you felt ok letting e2 go up maybe give it another go.

Oh, and I’ve never seen a free e2 calculator online.

Just to add a little piece my Free E, DOUBLES, over the course of the day at about 12hours post injection so it's good too look in that specific area, I recommend looking at it alongside E2 Sens. Looking at E if it's a real problem for you with TRT, may benefit you to manage Free E, from a PEAK, rather than a trough value.

davidrn

I am reviewing as many of the older posts on Free E2, for those of us with low SHBG, (my highest is around 15 for past few years). From your comment on 12 hours, have you adjusted your dosing time? Do you always inject in the early AM? So the higher E2 doesn't kick in until you are in bed?

davidrn

Nelson, for us low SHBG guys, Free T is basically all that matters as far as Test labs, if this is the case, does free E2 also only matter, and not total E2? I just tested a Trough & Peak for my scrotal cream to measure T and DHT. Next planed labs is free E2, I have never used any AI, but maybe if my higher DHT isn't holding my E2 down, then I need to revisit an AI.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Free estradiol is as important as free testosterone and free DHT. All of them work in synergy to increase sex drive. Unless you have low testosterone (which no man on proper TRT does), then estradiol should not be a problem unless the T/E2 ratio is low (probably under 10-14).

davidrn

The question is, does low SHBG effect this ratio, and of course, the important issue: libido? My E2 (at last labs) was 24, trough was 538 and peak was 838, so, my ratio (for total, not free) would be above 20. But, does the "optimal" E2 level of (aprox) 25 actually apply to guys with SHBG below 15? With good labs, I still have a lousy libido. I will have to get out to the lab next week to test Free E2, then I can see where I am actually at.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
There is no "Optimal estradiol". It depends on your T level. 0.3 percent of T converts to E2. No one has generated data on free E2 to know. Do low SHBG guys actually have higher free E2 so they actually have stronger bones and other advantages of higher bioavailable estradiol? No one knows this or the effect of higher E2 or free E2 on sex drive. Anyone that tells you they have evidence is lying.

You will find yourself extremely frustrated and tired after trying to control your "static" estradiol as a one-dimensional variable. I have seen this frustration every month for the last 10 years on this site.
Vince Carter is the only old-time member that actually believes in keeping estradiol low even after reading all studies on the subject. We have to respect people's personal beliefs, though.

@davidrn

Listen to people that live with low SHBG and make it work, not people that think they know something from reading a book.

Some of what Dr Crisler had to say on the subject changed my TRT landscape...having my E2 mirror my SHBG level made a huge difference. Too, knowing SHBG binds E similar to T, but then you don't get the same rate of clearance thru the body you get with T so E can be high and stay high(er) through the dya.

A ton of my TRT problems resolved when I keep my trough E2 LC/MS/MS in the single digits. Like I said my Free E soars to over the lab range during the course of the day (a Peak), too. So one measurement kind of belies the other in a manner of speaking. Nelson would rather me be covered in body acne with 3 showers a day, moody and irritable, poor erections, lack of penile sensitivity, dull orgasm, inability to orgasm, sweat thee bed at night, these things he thinks I should live with, but nearly ALL fully resolved and save for some erection issues, I'm the best I've ever been.

I did push around my injection times to try and get that peak in Free E to get closer to my bed time but I didn't see a marked improvement so I abandoned that idea.

davidrn

Thanks for the posts, both Nelson and Vince. Vince, I wondered if dose timing had helped anyone,(thnaks for your thoughts) I didn't think it could, but wondered if anyone had luck. I have several medical issues that explain my low SHBG, but there is so little info on how we should be treated.

Low SHBG isn't a derivative of a medical condition and isn't correctable, per se that way.

Ever wonder why people doom and gloom low SHBG like it's tied to pre-diabetes, sluggish thryroid, metabolic syndrome...none of which are legit medical conditions, by the way. But you mention high SHBG and there's none of the that get's thrown around, its all benign...why is that? (rhetorical).

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me