Is subq less effective for some?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Ericd306

Hi all,

I’m 7 weeks into TRT with defy. I’m 40. Was in the mid 400’s TT since my mid 20s and finally felt too low so made the switch from Clomid monotherapy to TRT. Currently at 80mg twice a week. Been doing subq. Felt an immediate lift in mood, morning erections, muscle fullness, etc for the first week. Ever since it’s been very “flat” - emotionally, sexually, muscularly. My SHBG was almost 70 on Clomid.

I’m now reading a bit about how some guys don’t “feel” as good on subq. I’m getting my first labs drawn next week and will have my first follow up with defy shortly thereafter. Would it be a bad idea to do tomorrow’s (and the next few) shot IM to see if I feel a difference to discuss with Defy? Or stay the course to not create variables?

Thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

antelopers

It's possible. I felt terrible on subq. But you don't have intramuscular to compare it to. I would check your bloodwork before changing anything. Your estradiol could be elevated or it could be the wrong dose for you.

Vince

Super Moderator
I only tried Sub-Q for a short time and did not like it. I like using it Easy Touch 27-29g 1/2 inch syringe, it makes for a nice shallow IM injection.

I would wait until after labs and then consider switching to another type of injection method.

HealthMan

Subq didn’t work well for me. Didn’t feel as good and testosterone levels plummeted. Didn’t absorb well for me. For most people Subq and IM and interchangeable but not for everyone.

NL77

I tried and gave it a good run for awhile because
I was worried about E2 being to high and also hematocrit. It didn’t do well for me at all. Switched back to 50 mg IM twice a week and everything has been good. That was 6 months ago. I think a lot of us on TRT over think our feelings as well. Going to have days where you don’t feel like Superman or libido is not as high. Sometimes have to quit over analyzing. I’ve learned to base mine for the most part on morning or middle of the night wood. As long as that’s consistent I’m doing good. The other thing I focus on is my sleep. When my T is right I’m sleeping like a baby. The other thing you have to do is like crissler says “start low and go slow”. Don’t worry about numbers as much as how you feel. I used to go back and forth on everything overanalyzing everything. When I started keeping a daily journal of my dosage and how I was feeling I was able to find my sweet spot. Since then, I know about where I feel good lab wise, but it can fluctuate pretty remarkably even though dosage and time of blood draw is consistent.

Sean Mosher

I don't have the labwork to back up my experience either, but I went from dialed in to not so dialed in on SubQ lol.
28g-1/2" delt injections only for me now.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Yea, not everybody responds the same

E2 sensitive 16 points more than IM. You have to try both
This is what is expected. You'd likely find that peak estradiol is higher with IM. SubQ tends to smooth out the testosterone and estradiol levels due to a longer effective half life. However, average levels over time are going to be the same when doses are the same.

mooseman109

I daily inject. Tuesday and Wednesday are in the belly. I can pinch almost an inch. My fav place to inject. So those two days are sub q, the other five days are IM. I use 27 ga by 1/2” longe needle. I notice no diference in days and my total and free T are high

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me