Injection Site Question: Ventral Gluteal Muscle vs. Tensor Fascia Latae

Buy Lab Tests Online

Ozzieville

Based on recommendations on this site, I decided to switch from deltoid muscle shallow IM injections (27g 1/2 in.) to the ventral gluteal muscle.

Easier said than done. I looked at lots of photos/videos to try to pinpoint the VG muscle, and thought I had it dialed in to the muscle that's right in front of my butt hollow - where a muscle pops out if I'm sitting and raise my leg.

But then someone said: "No man - that's the tensor fascia latae muscle!"

Is that a fact? Where am I supposed to be aiming the needle, if not there?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Fred52

Honestly...I personally don't understand why people F with the ventral gluteal muscle...why is this a thing? I've been injecting for over 10 years now...about 90% quads and 10% delts. No issues.

JimGainz

I wouldn’t overthink this. I just stick it in the upper outer portion of my butt cheek alternating sides each shot. I barely feel it and my Total T is consistently around 800 ng/dL this way with less than 100mg / week. Just stick it wherever your arm reaches

Ozzieville

Thanks Jim.

Fred: I just heard that all the cool kids are pinning the VG, and I want to be a cool kid.

Seriously, I've never had any problem with the delts, and can even alternate arms. But then you hear about scar tissue building up. Maybe not an issue with shallow IM injections using a 27g 1/2 in needle.

Vince

Super Moderator
The only two places I'm injecting presently, is the VG and love handles. Shallow and SubQ. For the VG, I just feel my hip bone and move down a couple of inches.

ColtonDGreat

Look at gluteus medius (VG site) vs tensor fascia latae. Tensor fascia latae is more towards the front of your leg. VG site is the muscle you feel at your hip if you move your leg out sideways.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me