Injection Mistake - Infection?

Buy Lab Tests Online

GreenMachineX

On Tuesday, when doing a quad shallow IM (1/2 inch insulin pin) 4mg shot, I blasted through a vein which resulted in quite a bit of blood running out after I withdrew the needle. For the record, swabbed top of vial appropriately before draw, used z-track method, but, there's a tiny chance when swabbing the injection site, then using z-track I injected right outside the swabbed area, but skin should've been so down from shower night before and only going to bed with freshly washed sheets.

Nevertheless, it's Sunday and there's a little bruise in the area still, and some pain when palpating and occasionally randomly, not a lot and not severe. There's no abcess, redness, warmth or red streaks (or fever). I'm just surprised the pain is lasting this long, unless I really wrecked that vein. I've had similar experiences before but i don't believe they lasted this long. My main question is an abcess, pus, redness, warmth, etc always present with an infection? This happen to anyone else?

Thanks in advance.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
On Tuesday, when doing a quad shallow IM (1/2 inch insulin pin) 4mg shot, I blasted through a vein which resulted in quite a bit of blood running out after I withdrew the needle. For the record, swabbed top of vial appropriately before draw, used z-track method, but, there's a tiny chance when swabbing the injection site, then using z-track I injected right outside the swabbed area, but skin should've been so down from shower night before and only going to bed with freshly washed sheets.

Nevertheless, it's Sunday and there's a little bruise in the area still, and some pain when palpating and occasionally randomly, not a lot and not severe. There's no abcess, redness, warmth or red streaks (or fever). I'm just surprised the pain is lasting this long, unless I really wrecked that vein. I've had similar experiences before but i don't believe they lasted this long. My main question is an abcess, pus, redness, warmth, etc always present with an infection? This happen to anyone else?

Thanks in advance.
My two cents is you probably just nick the vein. Nothing to be too concerned about.

Vince

Super Moderator
How long would that pain last? Any thoughts as to when it is "too long"?
Most members stop injecting in the thigh. Too many nerves to hit and can cause pain up to a week or even sometimes longer. Because I do daily injections, I inject in the VG, sub q. In the love handles and shoulders. I would move my injections to another spot if I were you. I'll show you a good thread.

GreenMachineX

Most members stop injecting in the thigh. Too many nerves to hit and can cause pain up to a week or even sometimes longer. Because I do daily injections, I inject in the VG, sub q. In the love handles and shoulders. I would move my injections to another spot if I were you. I'll show you a good thread.
So you're basically alternating subq and shallow IM? I also use VG and delts, but haven't manned up to any subq yet. Still freaks me out for some reason. 6 day rotation also for you? With that subq, you just inject right into the far? Doesn't matter how deep or anything?

But yeah, that might be my last quad injection. I've hit a vein before, but this was a real gusher.

Vince

Super Moderator
So you're basically alternating subq and shallow IM? I also use VG and delts, but haven't manned up to any subq yet. Still freaks me out for some reason. 6 day rotation also for you? With that subq, you just inject right into the far? Doesn't matter how deep or anything?

But yeah, that might be my last quad injection. I've hit a vein before, but this was a real gusher.
I use sub q for the love handles. I use a 29G 1/2-in syringe and I inject straight in the love handle. I try to keep it pretty simple. The only place I occasionally get a bruise is the shoulder when I do. I stopped injecting in that area until the bruise is gone.

This morning when I injected I actually used my left love handle. I injected the testosterone first and then I moved over an inch and injected my HCG. I normally inject HCG on Sunday and Wednesday but I was out of town on Sunday so I did it today. Will do my Wednesday HCG injection on Thursday this week.

GreenMachineX

I use sub q for the love handles. I use a 29G 1/2-in syringe and I inject straight in the love handle. I try to keep it pretty simple. The only place I occasionally get a bruise is the shoulder when I do. I stopped injecting in that area until the bruise is gone.

This morning when I injected I actually used my left love handle. I injected the testosterone first and then I moved over an inch and injected my HCG. I normally inject HCG on Sunday and Wednesday but I was out of town on Sunday so I did it today. Will do my Wednesday HCG injection on Thursday this week.
Gotcha. I'll try to man up to love handle injection when I get back to that in my rotation. Thanks.

I hate freaking out over whether a site is infected and I just got off a round of keflex about 10 days ago.

Vince

Super Moderator
Gotcha. I'll try to man up to love handle injection when I get back to that in my rotation. Thanks.

I hate freaking out over whether a site is infected and I just got off a round of keflex about 10 days ago.
I hate the antibiotics, seems to play havoc on gut bacteria. I usually eat pistachios after treatments, to help restore healthy gut bacteria.

GreenMachineX

I hate the antibiotics, seems to play havoc on gut bacteria. I usually eat pistachios after treatments, to help restore healthy gut bacteria.
Interesting about pistachios. I've been taking bifido and lactobacillus probiotics. I'm terrified of getting c diff. lol

Fortunate

Does not sound infected. Look for redness, warmth, swelling, paint out of proportion to what you would expect. Obviously, if you develop a fever or chills, that’s concerning. That said, what you described does not sound like an infection.

GreenMachineX

Does not sound infected. Look for redness, warmth, swelling, paint out of proportion to what you would expect. Obviously, if you develop a fever or chills, that’s concerning. That said, what you described does not sound like an infection.
Yeah I don't have any of that. Regarding the fever and chills, I caught a cold 2 days after the bad shot, so just been feeling bad due to that. No fever and no chills like I had with covid. Unless it's not a cold, but did start with a sore throat, and had congestion and light cough for a few days. I might still go get checked out tomorrow though.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me