How common and how many times have you had to donate blood due to TRT?

Buy Lab Tests Online

FightingFungus

I am a newbie at TRT. I am still in the process of getting dialed in and have my first blood test in a few weeks. Everything so far has been going well on TRT. My biggest concern is blood getting too thick and having to donate. I am on some facebook groups were TRT users are donating every 2-6 months. This to me is a concern. Is there anything we can do to prevent this? Also, have you ever had to donate and if so how many times?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

You can make changes to your TRT protocol, how about you tell us what your protocol is and post your CBC labs and maybe we can make a recommendation.

Generally increasing injection frequencies and lowering the dosage will lower hematocrit and all CBC labs across the board.

I have never been forced to donate blood do to excess hematocrit while on TRT. I inject 20mg EOD.

Last edited:

CoastWatcher

For many, donating blood seems to be the price of admission to the TRT follies. That said, there's reason to believe you may stabilize as therapy continues - many do - or (as @Systemlord observed) various modifications related to amount injected and frequency of injection may help you.

I'm in my sixth year of TRT, 16mg daily, and have been fortunate to have never donated.

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
I donated every eight weeks for the first two years. Then finally my HCT stabilized, I haven't had to donate for over 2 years now. My HCT has held steady at around 48.0

Sean Mosher

Once I got to twice a week injections, my HCT stabilized and never has been above 49 since.
I still donate twice a year but have no medical necessity for it.
Reducing the dose and increasing the frequency seems to really help most guys in this area.

FightingFungus

You can make changes to your TRT protocol, how about you tell us what your protocol is and post your CBC labs and maybe we can make a recommendation.

Generally increasing injection frequencies and lowering the dosage will lower hematocrit and all CBC labs across the board.

I have never been forced to donate blood do to excess hematocrit while on TRT. I inject 20mg EOD.

I am injecting 80mg every 3.5 days which brings me at 160mg a week. I take no AI and do 250IU once a week. In a few weeks when I get my blood work I will post here.

Vince

Super Moderator
That is very interesting. Did you change the protocol or do you think your body just adjusted.
I'm not really sure if it was because I went to daily injections or trt longevity. Whatever the reason was I'm really happy I no longer have to donate blood.

Airborne Warrior

Anyone try grapefruit seed extract? I am doing that just in case, I have heard on other forums it can help.

Yes. I eat half a grapefruit everyday and also supplement with cod liver oil to keep my blood platelets slippery. Have never had to donate blood even when I was on steroid cycle dosages. Highests hematocrit level was 50.1 which is quite fine IMO. I could be just one of the lucky ones though.

RPellerin

I was having to donate every 6 weeks on 200 mgs/week, trying to drive down my SHBG.
Once I switched to 40mg EOD sq, I have not had a need to donate.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me