Hematocrit different lab ranges

Buy Lab Tests Online

HealthMan

Are results for hematocrit with different lab ranges comparable? For example Labcorp range for HCT is 37.5-51 and the lab my PCP uses normal range is 41-54. Are the results of these two different labs comparable? Meaning the HCT measure on both at same time should be the same despite different lab ranges? Or there might be differences in methodology hence the different lab ranges?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Are results for hematocrit with different lab ranges comparable? For example Labcorp range for HCT is 37.5-51 and the lab my PCP uses normal range is 41-54. Are the results of these two different labs comparable? Meaning the HCT measure on both at same time should be the same despite different lab ranges? Or there might be differences in methodology hence the different lab ranges?

hematocrit is a ratio of the volume of red blood cells to the total volume of blood. I would not think the range means anything.

HealthMan

hematocrit is a ratio of the volume of red blood cells to the total volume of blood. I would not think the range means anything.
Yup but i have read that are different methods to measure it hence my question

https://acutecaretesting.org/en/articles/hematocrit--a-review-of-different-analytical-methods

HealthMan

Quest methodology is: Electronic Cell, Sizing/Cytometry/Micro

Labcorp methodology is: Automated cell counter

So looks like results from different labs are not really comparable. So when a doctor recommends hematocrit not to go above 52-53 what does that mean to the different lab ranges? A hematocrit of 53 might be ok in a lab where upper range is 54 but not ok if upper range is 51?

One of my basic rules is that if you want comparability in your tests you cannot use different labs and that's shown there why you can't by HealthMan

HealthMan

One of my basic rules is that if you want comparability in your tests you cannot use different labs and that's shown there why you can't by HealthMan
I agree. I always use Labcorp but was trying to make some sense out of my HCT labwork done by my PCP. In a couple of months i will get HCT done again using Labcorp

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me