Heart Attack Today: Need Studies to Show Testosterone is Safe

Thread starter #1
So i had a heart attack while on tread mill this morning. Fortunately gym is attached to hospital. Got to er straight i to cath lab. 100% occlusion of left descending anterior artery, the widow maker. They got a stent in. Will test tomorrow with an echo for downstream damage to muscle.
Cardiologist, as typical is pushing to come off Test. Citing studies. I am not up for searching as i am wiped out. Does anybody have a proper study proving it is not bad
Brent

Last edited by a moderator:

fifty

Glad you’re ok and were at that gym! Best place to be.

You always had high-ish hct right? How were your lipids in general?

Thread starter #5
Glad you’re ok and were at that gym! Best place to be.

You always had high-ish hct right? How were your lipids in general?
Correct on hct. Just donated 6 weeks ago. Ldl was 110 last trip, but i also was recovering from a respiratory infection and on prednisone tylenol otc cough syrup....

Wow,
Glad you made it! Most are not as lucky as you are with that kind of blockage at that location. Hope you have a quick recovery.

Hope you have a swift recovery.
I am currently on test 350mg weekly taken at 175 twice a week. My rbc count is high. In your opinion am I at risk for stroke?

Thread starter #11
I am 56 in a couple weeks. Not sure if imfection played. Apart or not. I did an echo, stress, echo last august with flying colors. I have been training for the “Murph” in May. So for the last 4 months I have been going strong in the gym
Thanks for the studies..

Moose, glad you are OK, I have to give you a triple A + for being determined to stay on TRT. I agree, though I wonder how are you able to inject while in the hospital?

Have you ever gotten a heart scan to get a Calcium Score, as I wonder if that would have shown you were at risk?

Health clubs attached to hospitals, something I had never considered.

Thread starter #15
Moose, glad you are OK, I have to give you a triple A + for being determined to stay on TRT. I agree, though I wonder how are you able to inject while in the hospital?

Have you ever gotten a heart scan to get a Calcium Score, as I wonder if that would have shown you were at risk?

Health clubs attached to hospitals, something I had never considered.[/QUOTE

I was glad the gym was across the parking lot. I drove myself over, probably not a great idea

Glad to hear that you are in recovery!

You know when people have that attitude towards test and cite their studies I really see it as a very low percentage chance that you're going to change his mind with studies that you present. I know there are plenty of cites on this forum though.

I would urge everyone in their 40's or order to get a calcium heart scan done.

Heart scan (coronary calcium scan) - Mayo Clinic

Mooseman, your post has prompted me to use my script I got from my Dr last year and get it done. I was prompted last year when someone I know who is fit as a fiddle had one done and was rushed in for a stint because he had severe blockage in the same artery. I have sat on it for almost a year because I didn't have time to get it done. :-/

The test is under $100 out of pocket.

Thread starter #18
Glad to hear that you are in recovery!

You know when people have that attitude towards test and cite their studies I really see it as a very low percentage chance that you're going to change his mind with studies that you present. I know there are plenty of cites on this forum though.

VC you are right i am sure