H. pylori Infection Linked to Metabolic Syndrome

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
[h=3]I truly hate this little bug that has made my life so difficult in the past 3 years.

Abstract[/b][h=4]Aim[/b]To systematically review and quantify the effect of Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection on the risk of metabolic syndrome and metabolic parameters in individuals with H. pylori infection.

[h=4]Methods[/b]A systematic search was performed. Inclusion criteria were observational studies assessing association between H. pylori infection and metabolic syndrome in adult participants. We calculated pooled effect estimate of metabolic syndrome with 95% confidence intervals (CI) comparing between group of H. pylori infection and non-infection by using random-effects model. The secondary outcomes were the difference in homeostatic model assessment of insulin resistance (HOMA-IR), triglyceride, high-density lipoprotein (HDL), fasting blood glucose (FBG), body mass index and systolic blood pressure (SBP).

[h=4]Results[/b]Eighteen trials comprising 27,544 participants met the inclusion criteria. Six trials were included in the data analysis of metabolic syndrome. There was a statistically significant association between H. pylori and metabolic syndrome with pooled odds ratio (OR) of 1.34 (95% CI: 1.17 to 1.53, I[SUP]2[/SUP]&#8201;=&#8201;39%, P[SUB]heterogeneity[/SUB]&#8201;<&#8201;0.01). Between the infected and non-infected groups, there were significant differences in FBG, HDL, body mass index, triglyceride, HOMA-IR and SBP (all P&#8201;<&#8201;0.05).

[h=4]Conclusion[/b]H. pylori infection is positively associated with metabolic syndrome. Infection with H. pylori is also associated with higher triglyceride, FBG, body mass index, HOMA-IR, SBP and lower HDL.
http://www.empr.com/news/h-pylori-infection-linked-to-metabolic-syndrome/article/502665/

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

PAUL-E

Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) is a type of bacteria that causes infection in the stomach. It is found in about two-thirds of the world's population. It may be spread by unclean food and water, but researchers aren't sure. It causes Peptic ulcers and can also cause stomach cancer.
WOW What type of testing do they do for that?

CoastWatcher

Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) is a type of bacteria that causes infection in the stomach. It is found in about two-thirds of the world's population. It may be spread by unclean food and water, but researchers aren't sure. It causes Peptic ulcers and can also cause stomach cancer.
WOW What type of testing do they do for that?

Typically one is able to diagnose via a urea breath test, not always accurate, serum in the blood, not always accurate, or endoscopic biopsy of the stomach and intestine. Mine was confirmed via stomach biopsy.

CoastWatcher

Sound like they really don't know what to do so there throwing everything at it. I hope it helps
sorry guys

Actually, the protocols can be effective, but it is a very clever, adaptive bug that is one step ahead of us in terms of developing resistance.

Thanks for the the kind words.

PAUL-E

I'm sure this is one of those things where giving our livestock human grade antibiotics hasn't helped.
I wish you guys the best of luck with it!

IntelligentLabs

H pylori is found in 50% of people worldwide, and around 20% of them never notice any adverse side effects, obviously that's no consolation for those that do. 'L

'Bad bacteria' tend to only be bad when there's too much of it

PAUL-E

Last edited:

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Thanks Paul-E. Great info!

I have gone through 4 cycles of 14 day treatments for H Pylori after it caused me to have lymphoma on my stomach mucosa (I had to do chemo for 2 months as I was starting ExcelMale.com). They found the damn bug again recently by endoscopy and I found I have a multidrug resistant strain of the bug, so went through a cycle with tuberculosis drugs.

I follow the H Pylori field closely. Germans are developing a vaccine that I am closely following.

Also, ever since I found out this about NAC I take 600 mg twice per day (besides it is a good antioxidant)

N-acetyl cysteine as an adjunct to standard anti-Helicobacter pylori eradication regimen in patients with dyspepsia: A prospective randomized, open-label trial

PAUL-E

Thanks Paul-E. Great info!

I have gone through 4 cycles of 14 day treatments for H Pylori after it caused me to have lymphoma on my stomach mucosa (I had to do chemo for 2 months as I was starting ExcelMale.com). They found the damn bug again recently by endoscopy and I found I have a multidrug resistant strain of the bug, so went through a cycle with tuberculosis drugs.

I follow the H Pylori field closely. Germans are developing a vaccine that I am closely following.

Also, ever since I found out this about NAC I take 600 mg twice per day (besides it is a good antioxidant)

N-acetyl cysteine as an adjunct to standard anti-Helicobacter pylori eradication regimen in patients with dyspepsia: A prospective randomized, open-label trial

No problem Nelson, I thought it could help along with the treatment from your DR.

Belekas

nobody
Absolutely important and serious topic so I'll give it a bump. How are you feeling @Nelson Vergel and have you managed to kill the bug if I may ask? I have severe case of HP for many years, and just now confirmed by biopsy, hiding in the left part of the stomach lower section. Could barely eat or drink water, mad pain mid chest, thought to visit ER not once. Many other symptoms as well. Just finished my second round of Antibiotics but did some tweaking on the protocol these docs are pushing right now, as found some important and I believe crucial info regarding the meds they put patients on, and me included. Which just puts you in the circle of doom and don't work, just makes you relapse and go back again to square one.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me