GH SECRETAGOGUE PEPTIDES & IGF-1

Buy Lab Tests Online

mcs

Anyone have data showing that if one's natural IGF-1 level is high normal for one's age as in my case (see below), would GHRH/GHRP peptides be contraindicated since they raise IGF-1 over time? The concern is not as bad as with straight GH, but is still an issue for long-term (cancer, CV disease, etc.) and especially in older adults.​

Does increasing IGF-1 lead to cancer? | Rich Roll

Or - would they still be effective in promoting benefits such as lean muscle mass, fat loss and recovery, etc.?

Attachments

• 309051393_8104182886322945_2250572917994152718_n.jpg
    309051393_8104182886322945_2250572917994152718_n.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

MarcoFL

From what I have been told is the healthier your body is the faster cancer can grow. Lot of different opinions on this.

BigTex

Might take a look at this study:

In conclusion, our study corroborates evidence from previous studies showing that GH replacement therapy in adult growth hormone deficiency(AGHD) patients would not increase the risk of cancer; instead, it might be even decrease cancer risk. The results suggested that GH replacement therapy in AGHD patients was safe.

BigTex

Here is another good article to take a look at:

What IGF-1 level is considered 'too high' when administering Sermorelin?​

As I previously mentioned, negative feedback at some point will limit the amount of growth hormone that can be released from the pituitary by sermorelin. This level will differ among individuals of different ages and different nutritional statuses. However, this may be a positive factor since very high levels of IGF-1 have been reported to increase the risk of various cancers (prostate, colorectal, etc) and heart disease. Thus, again depending upon age and nutritional status of the patient, I would suggest not chronically exceeding IGF-1 levels of >350 ng/m. It is my opinion that levels about 400 ng/ml should definitely be avoided due at least to the increased cancer risk that may result.
REF: William J Cromlie: Harvard Gazette, April 22, 1999, News and Announcements (Growth Factor Raises Cancer Risk Growth Factor Raises Cancer RiskApril 22, 1999)

BigTex

Anyone have data showing that if one's natural IGF-1 level is high normal for one's age as in my case (see below), would GHRH/GHRP peptides be contraindicated since they raise IGF-1 over time? The concern is not as bad as with straight GH, but is still an issue for long-term (cancer, CV disease, etc.) and especially in older adults.​

Does increasing IGF-1 lead to cancer? | Rich Roll

Or - would they still be effective in promoting benefits such as lean muscle mass, fat loss and recovery, etc.?

So I guess the answer to this question is low IGF-1 levels as well as high IGF-1 levels are probably not so healthy. However, using peptides to get your IGF-1 levels more towards the normal range is OK, as long as you do not chronically exceeding IGF-1 levels of >350 ng/m.

mcs

I am 99% certain my high normal (for my age of 62) of 258 is from eating a diet in which my protein is mostly all from non-plant sources (cultured dairy, eggs, lean meats, fish, poultry, whey) + supplements like DHEA + training. I prefer this type of protein over anything plant-based.

This blog is from a plant-based physician that advocates for a lower level for adults. According to him, my level would be about double the recommended level.
"Taking all of this information into account, for most adults, keeping IGF-1 below 175 ng/ml is likely important, and below 150 ng/ml should be even more protective. Serum IGF-1 levels below 80 ng/ml may be detrimental, especially after the age of 75."

Optimal IGF-1 Levels for Longevity

This is in opposition to the tenets Dr. Gabrielle Lyons talks about:
https://forums.apoe4.info/viewtopic.php?t=4724&start=30

Not a fan of protein restriction.

Much debate on this topic.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones