Future legal anabolics? Selective androgen receptor modulators (SARMs)

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
3753_NpAdvHover.jpg

Selective androgen receptor modulators (SARMs) have been developed, aimed at maximizing anabolic effects on muscle and bone without androgenic effects on other tissues, especially the prostate and hair follicles. [SUP][145],[146][/SUP] The first trials of these compounds as function promoting therapies have recently been reported. [SUP][147],[148],[149][/SUP] Treatment with GTx-024 (Enobosarm) has been associated with increases in lean body mass and stair climbing ability, without virilizing effects, in healthy older men and women and in patients with cancer cachexia. [SUP][147],[148][/SUP] In another trial, 6 months treatment with MK-0773 was well-tolerated and associated with increases in lean body mass, but not muscle strength or physical performance in older women with sarcopenia and mobility limitations. [SUP][149][/SUP] Finally, in a recent dose finding study another SARM, LGD-4033, increased lean body mass without effecting PSA levels in healthy young men. [SUP][150][/SUP] As demonstrated by these early studies, these agents will permit the use of androgen-based anabolic therapies in older women and raise the possibility of safely using more potent pharmacological doses to more reliably improve muscle strength not only in older adults but also in the broader context of cancer cachexia and posttraumatic and postoperative rehabilitation. In these latter indications, the shorter duration of treatment and the consistent positive effects on muscle mass (as opposed to strength and function) may well be the important primary therapeutic outcome.

http://www.ajandrology.com/preprintarticle.asp?id=122581

From Testosterone: A Man's Guide :

Oral selective androgen receptor modulators (SARMs) are investigational agents. Studied since 1998, they are still very much in the infancy of their development and marketing. SARMs may be able to provide the benefits of increased muscle mass and bone density, and fat loss that testosterone and other traditional anabolic/androgenic steroids provide but without the unwanted side effects (prostatic enlargement). SARMs are not intended to be a form of testosterone replacement therapy. So, why am I talking about them? Besides replacement therapy, testosterone and other anabolics can be useful in the treatment of certain aspects of disease. This is a topic close to my heart since this kind of medical use saved my life and that of many others. I spent years researching it to co-write the book “Built to Survive: A Comprehensive Guide to the Medical Use of Anabolic Therapies, Nutrition and Exercise for HIV+ Men and Women” (published in 1999 and then two more editions a few years later and available on amazon.com). Excuse me while I digress from the current topic.

SARMs are aimed to have the same benefits as anabolics but without the side effects.

Ostarine is an oral agent that has demonstrated the ability to increase lean body mass and improve muscle strength and performance in postmenopausal women, elderly men, and men and women with cancer cachexia. Ostarine is made by the company GTx's and has been studied in seven Phase I, Phase II, and Phase IIb clinical trials in 582 subjects.

It had no serious adverse events reported, although I am yet to see the data. Ostarine also exhibited no apparent change in measurements of serum prostatic specific antigen (PSA), sebum production (which causes acne), or decreases in blood levels of LH (which hints that it may not affect the HPGA at the doses tested). I have not seen LDL or HDL and hematocrit or hemoglobin data on this product to assess its effect on lipids and red blood cells, respectively. I am also curious about its effect on liver enzymes.

SARMs have anecdotally not helped increase sexual function, so they probably will not replace testosterone for treatment of hypogonadism. They also decrease the body's production of testosterone, just like anabolic steroids do. So, testosterone replacement will most probably be still required with their use for illness or aging associated loss of lean body mass. We await more data on these interesting compounds as they may have the same clinical benefits as anabolic steroids without the stigma and possibly without their side effects.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Bass

I believe its still experimental drug. I did 6-8 week cycle and the sides were worse than the benefits. its very promising but got a long ways to go.

Bass

yes vision was so bad, practically blind at night with full moon, can't see my hand in front of my face. it is also suppressive, had to do PCT to get my levels back. the good sides were similar to anavar in terms of strength and fat burning, not much gains. also unlike anavar SARMs was better on joints, I had tendonitis and it seem to heal it rather than making it worse.

J2048b

im actually looking to hit up these:

ldg-4033
mk-677
huperzine a along with green tea and possibly perhaps some
mk-2866

ill see how it goes!!

J2048b

J2048b..........have you started this protocol yet? If you have, how is it going? I see you didn't want to try the LGD 4033.

unfortunately i have yet to embark on this journey,

i currently have mk-677 and huperzine a, and some injectable anti oxidants, curcumin, resveratrol, gluthiane and pstero, so hopefully in the next month or so i can do all these together along with my trt, i did want to try the lgd-4033, so when money allows i will add it in...

Keep me posted. I have LDG 4033 on hand and GW50516. I have not yet started my TRT........so I don't want to use this stuff yet until I have at least 6 weeks of TRT underway. I'll keep you posted on how the LGD 4033 works. I'm really excited about all of it. TRT, LDG 4033 and the GW 50516 as well. Just waiting on my Test Cyp.

J2048b

Keep me posted. I have LDG 4033 on hand and GW50516. I have not yet started my TRT........so I don't want to use this stuff yet until I have at least 6 weeks of TRT underway. I'll keep you posted on how the LGD 4033 works. I'm really excited about all of it. TRT, LDG 4033 and the GW 50516 as well. Just waiting on my Test Cyp.

oh awesome! where did u get them both if i may ask? and where they affordable? ive been told the lgd shuts u down, but i know of a guy who posted on another forum who dropped his test cyp to 30 mlg per week and runs the lgd along side it, and he says its awesome!

Southern Sarms. They had the best prices. Yeah, my thinking as long as you are on TRT you don't need to worry about shutdown because your getting all the T you need extraneously. I'm 52 years old, have 4 children, I've had a vasectomy, so I'm not worried about fertility. But I am excited about getting them all synergistically working together and safely! The Doc has prescribed me 80 mg / week of Test Cyp. I'm hoping to get my order in any day now. Can't wait. Should be able to get my first injection by Tues.......then I'll start the LGD 4033 after I've turned in my first labs on the TRT.

J2048b

southern looks ok price wise for a few of them, i think i went thru superior peptides to get my mk-677 as it was more affordable... ss has a few id get at decent prices...

good plan man! if u need any help let this forum know, there are a lot of good knowledgeable people here for sure

J2048b

Are you on TRT yet? If so, how long and how is it going?

I wason trt for about 6 years (took 1 year off to see where my levels would go, and they only rose 25 pnts)

ive been off trt since october due to a slue of health issues, but about to get back on soon, like within the next few weeks!

keep a look out for ur rbc's and hematocrit, u CANNOT (especially at the age, let those get very high)

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Highlights
· Distinction of training/doping effects by hormone analytics in male humans possible.
· Inhibin B is a sensitive marker for of anabolic substances uptake in male humans.
· Anabolic steroids and SARM S-1 decrease prostate weight in intact male rats.
· Anabolic steroids and SARM S-1 increase skeletal muscle mass in intact male rats.

Hengevoss J, Piechotta M, Muller D, Hanft F, Parr MK, et al.

Combined effects of androgen anabolic steroids and physical activity on the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0960076015000886

Analysing effects of pharmaceutical substances and training on feedback mechanisms of the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis may be helpful to quantify the benefit of strategies preventing loss of muscle mass, and in the fight against doping.

In this study, we analysed combined effects of anabolic steroids and training on the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis. Therefore intact male Wistar rats were dose-dependently treated with metandienone, estradienedione and the selective androgen receptor modulator (SARM) S-1.

In serum cortisol, testosterone, 17beta-estradiol (E2), prolactin, inhibin B, follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), luteinizing hormone (LH), Insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1), and thyroxine (T4) concentrations were determined.

Six human volunteers were single treated with 1-androstenedione. In addition abusing and clean body builders were analysed.

Serum concentrations of inhibin B, IGF-1, cortisol, prolactin, T4, thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH), testosterone and LH were determined.

In rats, administration of metandienone, estradienedione and S-1 resulted in an increase of muscle fiber diameter. Metandienone and estradienedione but not S-1 administration significantly decreases LH and inhibin B serum concentration. Administration of estradienedione resulted in an increase of E2 and S-1 in an increase of cortisol.

Single administration of 1-androstenedione in humans decreased cortisol and inhibin B serum concentrations. LH was not affected. In abusing body builders a significantly decrease of LH, TSH and inhibin B and an increase of prolactin, IGF-1 and T4 was detected. In clean body builders only T4 and TSH were affected.

bdad

unfortunately i have yet to embark on this journey,

i currently have mk-677 and huperzine a, and some injectable anti oxidants, curcumin, resveratrol, gluthiane and pstero, so hopefully in the next month or so i can do all these together along with my trt, i did want to try the lgd-4033, so when money allows i will add it in...

I would be interested in your thoughts on the MK-677.

bdad

I wason trt for about 6 years (took 1 year off to see where my levels would go, and they only rose 25 pnts)

ive been off trt since october due to a slue of health issues, but about to get back on soon, like within the next few weeks!

keep a look out for ur rbc's and hematocrit, u CANNOT (especially at the age, let those get very high)

I donate blood every 8-10 weeks for this reason. Or you can donate double red every 16 weeks.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me