Free T direct testing accuracy. (NOT)

Buy Lab Tests Online

Blackhawk

I've been having Labcorp's free direct test all along and it seemed pretty on par with SHBG and Total T. Results were pretty consistent at and just a bit over "normal range, and in agreement with TruT calculator.

However, I currently have a unique situation. I have leukemia, and from that, anemia, and as a result of that, iron overload from all the transfusions. These things along with the powerful cancer and bone marrow stimulating drugs have thrown off many aspects of my blood chemistry. Part of this is alarmingly high SHBG.

-SHBG 138.
-Total T 1397
-Labcorp Free T direct 7.1

But plugging the numbers into TruT calculator, the Free T was 37.35, still above their "normal range"

So what to do with such wild variation? I got a Labcorp Testosterone LC/MS/MS with Free-T ultrafiltration.
-Total T 1385,
-Labcorp Free T Ultrafiltration 32.96.

What would you do regarding Free T direct? I know what I'll be doing from here on.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

I've been having Labcorp's free direct test all along and it seemed pretty on par with SHBG and Total T. Results were pretty consistent at and just a bit over "normal range, and in agreement with TruT calculator.
You have gotten consistently inaccurate Free T results and wouldn't bother using the direct method any longer.

What would you do regarding Free T direct?

There is just no point to using such inaccurate testing methods and I would stop wasting your money on it.

madman

Super Moderator

However, I currently have a unique situation. I have leukemia, and from that, anemia, and as a result of that, iron overload from all the transfusions. These things along with the powerful cancer and bone marrow stimulating drugs have thrown off many aspects of my blood chemistry. Part of this is alarmingly high SHBG.

-SHBG 138.
-Total T 1397
-Labcorp Free T direct 7.1

But plugging the numbers into TruT calculator, the Free T was 37.35, still above their "normal range"

So what to do with such wild variation? I got a Labcorp Testosterone LC/MS/MS with Free-T ultrafiltration.
-Total T 1385,
-Labcorp Free T Ultrafiltration 32.96.

What would you do regarding Free T direct? I know what I'll be doing from here on. ($$$)

TT (LC/MS-MS) 1385 ng/dL (reference range 264-916 ng/dL)
FT (Equilibrium Ultrafiltration) 32.96 ng/dL (reference range 5.00 -21.00 ng/dL)
SHBG 138 nmol/L

TT 1385 ng/dL, with an absurdly high SHBG 138 nmol/L.....FT is just over the top end!

As I have stated numerous times on the forum one can easily achieve a healthy let alone high-end or in many cases absurdly high FT even in cases of high/highish SHBG.

Hitting an absurdly high TT is not needed even in cases of highish/high SHBG.

The only way to know where your FT level truly sits is to have it tested using the most accurate assays such as the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration.

Especially in cases of ALTERED SHBG!

The sad fact of the matter is many are using/relying upon inaccurate assays when testing.

Many are running FT levels much higher than they think and some of these individuals are struggling with such protocol.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me