Expiration Date for TRT/HCG

Buy Lab Tests Online

TLawyer

How long after first use of a bottle of TRT/HCG until it expires and can no longer use it? The bottle of TRT has been kept in a dark cabinet, the HCG in the fridge.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator

Cataceous

Super Moderator
A recent thread here about how the official standard is 28 days for these sterile medications. But it's noted that if good techniques are used then the risk of microbial contamination stays low for much longer. HCG is different because it is a large and less stable molecule, and degrades relatively rapidly compared to testosterone. It doesn't become unsafe; it just becomes less and less effective. In general, once mixed with water hCG should be used within one to two months.

sv1000

Years for the test and I’ve used hCG that’s 6 months old and it worked the same as the day I mixed it. I don’t think there’s been studies on the actual deterioration of either one.

Mcgiver54

One thing I have noticed, my pharmacy (APS) started mixing HCG with vitamin B, this turned it red. At that time they also started including an ice pack to keep the powder refrigerated in shipment, prior to this it did not come with an ice pack so I started storing the powder in the fridge with the mixed HCG. Anyone else see this? Previously I only refrigerated after mixing. Anyone else seeing ice packs?

Vince

Super Moderator
EmpowerPharmacy

Nov 11, 2013
"Expiration" in the pharmaceutical industry is defined as "The date placed on the container/labels of a drug product designating the time during which a batch of the product is expected to remain within the approved shelf life specifications if stored under defined conditions, and after which it may not be used." In other words a drug will expire once it falls outside it's acceptable specifications of pH, potency, appearance, etc the primary factor being potency. Once the active ingredient falls outside 90 - 110% its potency the medication is considered to be expired. So a drug that has 89% it's listed potency is by FDA and USP standards no longer suitable for use.

HCG is an interesting medication though... Unlike most drugs it's acceptable potency range according to its USP monograph is 80 - 125%. This is due to the fact that it is measured in International Units (IU) and not milligrams (mg). Since the analytical test to measure potency in IUs is not as accurate as the test used to measure potency by mass USP gives HCG the wider potency range. This is true of other medications measured in IUs.

Since the acceptable potency range and the therapeutic index for HCG are quite large a compounder can actually make the medication well above 100% and still be within the acceptable limits. Brand name HCG Pregnyl actually states a 60 day expiration date on it's HCG and I've tested their vials to be within 95-100% potency. You can imagine how long the expiration date would be if the HCG was made at 115% or even 125% potency.

I know compounders that have done long term stability studies on HCG showing it to be quite stable up to 90 days under refrigeration. To be conservative most compounders place 30-60 day Beyond Use Dates on their preparations just as we do. Since the Beyond Use Date starts the moment the HCG powder touches water it is important to make sure you get your HCG from a pharmacy that Freeze Dries it's HCG to prevent getting a batch that has already been reconstituted and started to degrade.

HealthConscious

This topic brings up a concern I have with test cypionate... it's in cottonseed oil. Cottonseed oil and all industrial seed oils are inflammatory and very prone to oxidation. Cottonseed oil is even worse than the "edible" oils like canola and soybean because as I understand it is not a food oil and therefore can have higher levels of glyphosate. So even when "fresh" I have concerns injecting cottonseed oil into my body. But more related to this question, I would think the issue with expiration date is for the ester/oil moreso than the T. I know even healthy extra virgin olive oil has a distinct shelf life before it can go rancid.

madman

Super Moderator
This topic brings up a concern I have with test cypionate... it's in cottonseed oil. Cottonseed oil and all industrial seed oils are inflammatory and very prone to oxidation. Cottonseed oil is even worse than the "edible" oils like canola and soybean because as I understand it is not a food oil and therefore can have higher levels of glyphosate. So even when "fresh" I have concerns injecting cottonseed oil into my body. But more related to this question, I would think the issue with expiration date is for the ester/oil moreso than the T. I know even healthy extra virgin olive oil has a distinct shelf life before it can go rancid.

Regardless of the carrier oil used they are all highly refined/purified!
Screenshot (1825).png

Vince

Super Moderator
I’m one who stays away from Cotton seed oil. I’ll take olive oil or sesame seed oil. Then I’m good to go.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me