does Iodine influence hormone receptor activity?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gianluca

Would it be possible to post your thyroid labs starting iodine and what they are now?
I started this journey with Lugols two years ago, I did a few trials with it and with the Thyroid as well. Too many labs since then, but I can summarize. I don't have any recent thyroid labs, I'm actually due to labs and I feel I need a Thyroid increase, currently on half grain NDT.

I just want to clarify that I have been always taken my Thyroid prior labs, and I may be learning that it could be not the right way to do it.

Before the lugols supplementation, 1 grain of NP thyroid was needed to bring my FT3 to optimal, generally slightly above 4.0, range 2.0 - 4.4. Later at some point, I decided to try to stop the Thyroid for some other reasons. And with no supplementation my FT3 always come back 3.0. At that point, I started Lugols at 2.5mg daily but had no effect at all on my FT3, which was still at 3.0. Me and doc decided at that point to reintroduce half grain only at this time, and monitor blood work. FT3 went to 4.1, showing a higher absorption of NDT when coupled with Lugols, and I could tell pretty quickly how I would look better, less bloated/fat more energy.

Dr Browstein, wrote in his book which I think it is called "Iodine why you need it", how once he starts people on Lugols or Iodoral, most need to adjust their Thyroid medication down, explaining that the Iodine increase Thyroid absorption. and I believe he referred to NDT only. He recommends 12.5mg to 50mg for most people.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gman86

I started this journey with Lugols two years ago, I did a few trials with it and with the Thyroid as well. Too many labs since then, but I can summarize. I don't have any recent thyroid labs, I'm actually due to labs and I feel I need a Thyroid increase, currently on half grain NDT.

I just want to clarify that I have been always taken my Thyroid prior labs, and I may be learning that it could be not the right way to do it.

Before the lugols supplementation, 1 grain of NP thyroid was needed to bring my FT3 to optimal, generally slightly above 4.0, range 2.0 - 4.4. Later at some point, I decided to try to stop the Thyroid for some other reasons. And with no supplementation my FT3 always come back 3.0. At that point, I started Lugols at 2.5mg daily but had no effect at all on my FT3, which was still at 3.0. Me and doc decided at that point to reintroduce half grain only at this time, and monitor blood work. FT3 went to 4.1, showing a higher absorption of NDT when coupled with Lugols, and I could tell pretty quickly how I would look better, less bloated/fat more energy.

Dr Browstein, wrote in his book which I think it is called "Iodine why you need it", how once he starts people on Lugols or Iodoral, most need to adjust their Thyroid medication down, explaining that the Iodine increase Thyroid absorption. and I believe he referred to NDT only. He recommends 12.5mg to 50mg for most people.
How many mg’s of iodine are u currently taking again?

Gman86

At 2.5mg now, 1 drop of the 2%.
Have you considered trying to get closer to 12.5mg? I’m currently in the process of trying to titrate up to 12.5mg to see if I notice any benefits. Started at 2.5mg and have titrated up 2.5mg every month. Just started taking 7.5mg/day

Last edited:

Gianluca

Have you considered trying to get closer to 12.5mg? I’m currently in the process of trying to titrate up to 12.5mg to see if I notice any benefits. Started at 2.5mg and have titrated up 2.5mg every month. Just started taking 7.5mg/day
that's the goal, mainly for antiviral and cancer effect. I did in the past took Iodoral tablets of 12.5mg, but I had other things going on and I attributed the side effects to it. looking back I understand it was likely not related to the iodoral.

According to the book "Stop The Thyroid Madness", most people who have adrenal issues do not do well with high dose iodine.

Anonymon

According to the book "Stop The Thyroid Madness", most people who have adrenal issues do not do well with high dose iodine.
Probably from the extra T4 T3 conversion using up the cortisol or lowering it’s secretion.

I did 1 drop the first day and have been on 2 for the days after. 2 might not be better than 1 in my case. I don’t have much desire to do one of those mega doses but if you guys do well with it I’d consider it. Of all the things I’ve done, so far the lugol’s is the one that’s effortlessly helped me sweat the most. Not in situations that wouldn’t require it, but when you’d normally expect, like in the heat or while running. If only for that I could see myself doing it forever. Not having to wash your clothes or sheets as often is nice, but it’s nice worth being in the 100 degree sun and turning red and feeling bad.

Gman86

that's the goal, mainly for antiviral and cancer effect. I did in the past took Iodoral tablets of 12.5mg, but I had other things going on and I attributed the side effects to it. looking back I understand it was likely not related to the iodoral.

Do u consider 12.5mg a high dose?

Do u have a plan to try and up ur iodine dose soon to try and ultimately get to around 12.5mg/ day?

Here’s a pretty good vid by Dr. Westin childs talking about high vs low dose iodine. I reference it pretty often

Gianluca

Probably from the extra T4 T3 conversion using up the cortisol or lowering it’s secretion.
exactly, indeed the speculation on that group is that Iodine may increase thyroid activity, and you know when your Thyroid activity increase and you have low cortisol, you going to possibly feel even more the adrenaline.

I did 1 drop the first day and have been on 2 for the days after. 2 might not be better than 1 in my case. I don’t have much desire to do one of those mega doses but if you guys do well with it I’d consider it. Of all the things I’ve done, so far the lugol’s is the one that’s effortlessly helped me sweat the most. Not in situations that wouldn’t require it, but when you’d normally expect, like in the heat or while running. If only for that I could see myself doing it forever. Not having to wash your clothes or sheets as often is nice, but it’s nice worth being in the 100 degree sun and turning red and feeling bad.
I would increase the Iodine very slowly, at min two weeks time, Ideally working up slowly every month. Most people get through the detoxification symptoms within two weeks. My self I had all kind of detox for a week or so starting at 2.5mg, I also felt kind of euphoric . On the contrary, my GF started at 12,5mg first then went to 25mg, and she did not notice anything! the only thing she notice, is that when she does not take it, she feels a bit cold.

I would read some book on Iodine if you decided to go higher with the dose, Iodine supplementation can be a bit complicated, as there needs to be also some balance with selenium, especially with higher doses. And it can definitely effect thyroid function. The protocols of the practitioners who work with Iodine, includes Salt water, selenium, vitamin c high dose and magnesium, for the detox period.

Gianluca

Do u consider 12.5mg a high dose?

Do u have a plan to try and up ur iodine dose soon to try and ultimately get to around 12.5mg/ day?

Here’s a pretty good vid by Dr. Westin childs talking about high vs low dose iodine. I reference it pretty often
I plan to increase the iodine once I don't modify anything else on my HRT protocol for sometime.

if you follow the work of Dr Browstein, 12,5mg is a normal dose to meet tissue demand of Iodine, but then he also reported in his book that some people had all kind of side effects if they were taking more than 1mg. Evolutionary, I don't think we ever ingested some much Iodine, but then we can make the argument that now days we are intoxicated with bromide for example that competes with Iodine, so possibly the dose with need is proportionated to the level of overload of Bromide and Chloride, that we did not have during evolution. So to respond your question, 12.5mg may be a normal dose for you, and a huge ammont for me, same concept we understood to apply with hormones. I made the example of my GF that takes 25mg and felt nothing when started she saw no benefits, and me on 2.5mg experiencing all kind of detox and some benefit

Last edited:

Anonymon

I would read some book on Iodine if you decided to go higher with the dose, Iodine supplementation can be a bit complicated, as there needs to be also some balance with selenium, especially with higher doses. And it can definitely effect thyroid function. The protocols of the practitioners who work with Iodine, includes Salt water, selenium, vitamin c high dose and magnesium, for the detox period.
I’ll read up on it some more, but I’m good on the latter things. My selenium’s actually over the range and I take a bunch of vitamin C to absorb iron and a crap ton of magnesium anyway.

Gman86

exactly, indeed the speculation on that group is that Iodine may increase thyroid activity, and you know when your Thyroid activity increase and you have low cortisol, you going to possibly feel even more the adrenaline.

I would increase the Iodine very slowly, at min two weeks time, Ideally working up slowly every month. Most people get through the detoxification symptoms within two weeks. My self I had all kind of detox for a week or so starting at 2.5mg, I also felt kind of euphoric . On the contrary, my GF started at 12,5mg first then went to 25mg, and she did not notice anything! the only thing she notice, is that when she does not take it, she feels a bit cold.

So ur gf hasn’t notice any benefits or negatives from taking 12.5-25mg of iodine? Just feels cold when doesn’t take it?

Gman86

I’ll read up on it some more, but I’m good on the latter things. My selenium’s actually over the range and I take a bunch of vitamin C to absorb iron and a crap ton of magnesium anyway.
Do u supplement with selenium? If not, where in ur diet do u think ur getting most of it from?

HealthMan

I have started iodoral 12.5mg recently. Have tons if energy and have been sleeping better (on and off). Bad quality sleep has been a problem for me for years. Blood work done on several markers and low iodine was the only thing off. Lets see how this goes

Anonymon

Do u supplement with selenium? If not, where in ur diet do u think ur getting most of it from?
Yeah, 2 200mg pills a day from Now Foods. Before all this and thyroid meds it helped a little so I kept it. My doc wanted me to cut it down but I haven’t been in a position to yet because I prefer only changing one variable when I can and it hasn’t been a high priority yet. I have cut it down before alongside other things but then I’d have things happen that were probably from the other things and get paranoid and add it back so I’d know what was what. The reference range for my last LabCorp labs was 100-340 and mine’s 540 which is consistently where it’s at. Before all this hormone stuff and thyroid meds it made me hold less water weight and I felt a little more energetic from it. Now I wouldn’t be able to tell you but I kept it up.

Gianluca

Brazilian nuts, loaded with selenium.
they are loaded with selenium, but they are also loaded with Phytic acid and Oxalic acid, which bind to most of it, making selenium from B. nuts likely to be poorly bioavailable. Indeed B nuts are one of the nut that contains the most phytic acid. In my opinion they are not a good source of Selenium. I prefer to supplement with Selenocysteine a couple of times per week, this is the form found mostly in animal food

Last edited:

Gianluca

I have started iodoral 12.5mg recently. Have tons if energy and have been sleeping better (on and off). Bad quality sleep has been a problem for me for years. Blood work done on several markers and low iodine was the only thing off. Lets see how this goes
curios to know if you were on any Thyroid supplementation prior starting Iodoral.

Gman86

How long have u been in the 12.5mg? Did u titrate up to that dose or just went from taking no iodine to the 12.5mg iodoral tab?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me