Doctor just put me on dutasteride for BPH

Buy Lab Tests Online

UroPA

UroPa
What is your opinion on Rezum and also Urolift?
Does the urine flow increase dramatically?
Here's my opinion
Urolift>Rezume>TURP
Flomax and finasteride both have horrible sexual and hormone affecting side effects so i prefer to get them off meds and into one of the minimally invasive procedures as fast as possible (patient willing of course). Resume has a much worse recovery with pain and retention but outcomes are about = with Urolift. Urolift is very effective, easy, no removal or destruction of tissue and all = far superior urinary flow.
If it is me, im getting a urolift.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

broker

I have been on flomax for 3 years, i get zero side effects. I believe it also has a slight “ viagara type effect”.
i always thought rezume was a painless procedure? Does Rezume actually remove tissue?
does rezume have any side effects?
with urolift, i worry the clips fall out? That possible?

UroPA

If flomax is doing that for you, its likely placebo. It doesn't have a chemical mechanism that should be doing that. Quite the opposite, actually.
Rezume essentially kills the tissue using steam. Later it sloughs off and you urinate it out. Thats why the recovery is so much poorer than Urolift.
And don't think of Urolift as "clips". They are closer to self knotting sutures (stitches).
And we KNOW they last 7 - 10 years. Every surgery, every procedure has risk and possibility of failure. But this one is above the standard deviation.

DragonBits

If flomax is doing that for you, its likely placebo. It doesn't have a chemical mechanism that should be doing that. Quite the opposite, actually.
Rezume essentially kills the tissue using steam. Later it sloughs off and you urinate it out. Thats why the recovery is so much poorer than Urolift.
And don't think of Urolift as "clips". They are closer to self knotting sutures (stitches).
And we KNOW they last 7 - 10 years. Every surgery, every procedure has risk and possibility of failure. But this one is above the standard deviation.

I am partial to using "Prostate Artery Embolization", which to put it simply, partially blocks the blood supply to the prostate to shrink it.

I would like my prostate to actually shrink, and not use traditional surgery or a drug like finasteride to do that.

What do you think about that procedure?

DragonBits

FWIW, I did look into PAE late last year, in case I needed something like this.

They do the procedure locally in the Chicago area, if you have NO insurance, it cost $7000. Most insurance will cover it, but you need clinical documentation to support this for insurance to cover it.

I like to find that non insurance cost as a data point.

IMO I don't yet have symptoms to cover this, any symptoms I have are vague and I think valid but if I did not follow my PSA level I would likely not even notice any urinary symptoms.

OMI100

I am currently looking into procedures for BPH.
The more research I do PAE is sounding more and more like the path I will take.
LARGE prostate (186cc)!
Minimally invasive.
From reports from folks that have had it done good results.
May not be a the final fix, but might fill the gap till better procedures are approved.
TELSA PRO seems o be getting good reviews but at present I think it is still "out of pocket"!
If it does not hold up to the test of time, other procedures may be considered or a 2nd run with PAE.

Jay-Jay

I had a Urolift in Feb., about a 20 minute procedure, 6 "staples", fairly uncomfortable, about the level of a root canal. Went home w/o a catheter. The first week was difficult, painful urination, but the procedure has provided moderate relief. I usually start to pee within 10 seconds, with a stream that is not impressive, but, at least, it is a stream. Urine retention is minimal. So, for me, it was successful and covered by Medicare.

Joe Sixpack

I had a Urolift in Feb., about a 20 minute procedure, 6 "staples", fairly uncomfortable, about the level of a root canal. Went home w/o a catheter. The first week was difficult, painful urination, but the procedure has provided moderate relief. I usually start to pee within 10 seconds, with a stream that is not impressive, but, at least, it is a stream. Urine retention is minimal. So, for me, it was successful and covered by Medicare.
Is your doctor OK with the results? In other words, does he think that your results are about as good as usual w/ Urolift? Were you completely unable to urinate before the surgery?

Jay-Jay

My doc is "OK" with the results but it is possible that he was hoping for somewhat better results. For me, it is a definite improvement. Before the procedure, urination was difficult, slow, no stream. It was very common for me to have a strong urge to pee and being almost unable to initiate. Whenever I would leave the house, I would always have a self-cath with me, just in case. I lived in fear of being away from home and unable to pee. That's all in the past as is Flomax. There are still some issues but my score on the international scale fell from 18 to 7, so maybe the results are a little better than I first implied.

Jay-Jay

Flomax did help before the procedure but there were days and weeks when I was miserable. I would try to keep the dose at .4 mg but often had to double the dose, but at .8mg there were side effects. My BPH symptoms seemed to cycle for unknown reasons, some days, weeks were OK, others were not OK. It is the same today in that some days (nights) it seems BPH symptoms are worse. Occasionally, for a day or two, I'll take .4mg, but most of the time the symptoms are minimal and I'm OK without the med.

rustylwb

UroPa
What is your opinion on Rezum and also Urolift?
Does the urine flow increase dramatically?
FYI for all BHP people. I watch a video on YouTube that was done by one of the 10 Dr.s that did the original test for Rezum. He was teaching a class for other Dr.s about the results. It was one of the many things I have researched. It is about 1hr20mins but worth the time if you need treatment. I thought it was so good I asked my Urologist about doing it on mine. He said he did do it because he didn't think it was all that good. But would ask one of the other Dr.s in the practice to perform it. I haven't decided. But it sounded good on YouTube and you will not have a problem finding it on YouTube.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me