Dihydrotestosterone is too high.

Buy Lab Tests Online

medvetz63

My testosterone before TRT was 242. I'm 51 years old. I began TRT on November 27th 2014 using two tubes of Testim gel per day.
This past week I had my first blood work done since beginning TRT. Here are the results:

TRT 1.jpgTRT 2.jpgTRT 3.jpg

It appears that my dihydrotestosterone is too high. Is there any danger with that or is it something that I shouldn't be concerned with?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
It's more of a concern if you have a predisposition for hair loss. My first guess was that you were probably using some form of gel or transdermal application of testosterone, then upon reading closer I see you're indeed administering Testim.

It could be there's more DHT receptor sites within various sections of cutaneous tissue, not sure? However, "most" men will see a reduction of DHT conversion when switching to oil suspended therapies like cypionate, which are administered IM or even subcutaneously with a smaller insulin pin. I can vouch for that, as I saw DHT values drop in half when I made the switch way back when ...

One other observation is your ferritin. It is way too low, and I suspect your iron serum level might be struggling as well? There could be a variety of reason for this (sometimes just donating blood too frequently will do it), but I think you need to take a closer look at it, and get your total iron serum, TIBC & UIBC labs. Thyroid productivity is dependent on these labs being in a good range. T3 just won't get to the cells as desired if this is tanked .. Needing Free T3, Free T4 & Reverse T3 to see that picture.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching