DHEA makes me...

Buy Lab Tests Online
angry and aggressive.

So I've never liked DHEA, used to use A LOT of it not knowing any better, pre-TRT because I knew I was having some manner of "problem". I'd take too much >50mg-100mg/D and and just be angry, aggressive, hot tempered, it was bad.

But FF years later to now and despite this and despite my near total non-recommendation that any one use it, I bought some 5mg micronized tablets. I'm in a totally different hormonal landscape than I was... so let's see if anything is different, now.

It's not. within 2 days of using just 2.5mg twice per day I was feeling the same way, again. Out of the blue last nite I smacked the girl friends hand and had trouble coping with a video streaming service that was acting up.

I don't know what mechanism its triggering because I can't take it long enough to run E/T/FT labs, but I had to toss it out after 3 days, this stuff and me are bad news!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

captain

I have read it many times DHEA is linked to aggression.

DHEA should be used with caution and in lower doses in people with bipolar disorder. DHEA may exacerbate mania, irritability and aggression. Leading researchers (Mischoulon and Rosenbaum) recommend that people taking DHEA should be regularly monitored for occasional development of aggressive or disinhibited behavior.

Vtail

I was prescribed 25 mg DHEA because my blood level was below the low end of the reference range. I initially took it at night, but it seemed to make my typical insomnia worse. Now I take it in the am, my sleep is no worse than usual, and my blood level is above the high end of the range. Other than that, I doesn't effect me in any way that I can notice.

Vince

Super Moderator
I do supplement with 25 mg of DHEA jarrow brand and 10 mg of pregnenolone pure brand. I did originally believe that it helped my sleep, but now I believe it was just a placebo effect. So probably I feel nothing, I do use it to keep my levels in a good range. I also believe that it helps to increase my estrogen, so it also can be in a good range.

Dasein88

angry and aggressive.

So I've never liked DHEA, used to use A LOT of it not knowing any better, pre-TRT because I knew I was having some manner of "problem". I'd take too much >50mg-100mg/D and and just be angry, aggressive, hot tempered, it was bad.

But FF years later to now and despite this and despite my near total non-recommendation that any one use it, I bought some 5mg micronized tablets. I'm in a totally different hormonal landscape than I was... so let's see if anything is different, now.

It's not. within 2 days of using just 2.5mg twice per day I was feeling the same way, again. Out of the blue last nite I smacked the girl friends hand and had trouble coping with a video streaming service that was acting up.

I don't know what mechanism its triggering because I can't take it long enough to run E/T/FT labs, but I had to toss it out after 3 days, this stuff and me are bad news!

Is there a known connection between dhea and cortisol or other hormones? All I know is, dhea can give me insomnia if I take too high of a dose before bed. I counter this by taking half a 25 mg at a time, and sometimes taking it with food to blunt its impact.

That said, after taking dhea, I tend to wake up unusually early full of piss and vinegar for a short while. It wears off quickly. I've heard that this experience tends to coincide with raised morning cortisol, which a test a few weeks ago confirmed.

What I'm not sure about is whether there is a connection between dhea supplementation and cortisol. Anyone?

fifty

I’m in the same boat. Trt levels 1500+. Tried dhea as well. The only relief I get is from finding a way to sleep and reducing caffeine intake and praying things go better at work.

Weed would probably work better than trt :)

There's really no reason that I've ever come up with for guys to be taking DHEA the most common reason is that a blood test comes back low and some tells you that you need it. If it's not well tolerated, even for me here 2.5mg twice per day is problematic, reason I question it's use to begin with. But some guys like it...in some it may oppose Cortisol, supposedly on paper, but we find many guys that are unique in how they respond to this and that.

DixieWrecked

Thanks for this post Vince. I have noticed my patience has been very short with my GF specifically. I can feel what I would describe as a constant underlying frustration or mild anger that could come out if provoked. I was beginning to suspect the DHEA but I think I am going to drop it and see what happens.

GreenMachineX

I do better without DHEA as well, and my labs show it in the double digits, not triple like it should be. But it doesn’t make me irritable; it gives me brain fog and dizzy spells.

Will Brink

There's really no reason that I've ever come up with for guys to be taking DHEA the most common reason is that a blood test comes back low and some tells you that you need it. If it's not well tolerated, even for me here 2.5mg twice per day is problematic, reason I question it's use to begin with. But some guys like it...in some it may oppose Cortisol, supposedly on paper, but we find many guys that are unique in how they respond to this and that.

That's really the only medically indicated reason anyone should take it, and the number of people who take DHEA minus any labs never fails to disappoint. Not different than TRT in that respect, people (rightfully) jump all over someone who starts TRT without labs, don't seem to bat and eye with DHEA. There may be non medically indicated reasons to use DHEA separate from simple replacement, such as a mild anabolic in women and such. TRT lowers DHEA, age lowers DHEA, various meds, etc and so, it's a good bet say anyone over 40, using TRT/HRT, etc, will likely be sub par on their DHEA level. Lesser known, DHEA may have some non hormonal benefits:

https://brinkzone.com/dhea-does-it-have-any-beneficial-non-hormonal-effects/

Simon7

My DHEA-S was low so I began taking two years ago 25mg DHEA twice a day, which noticeably boosted my libido. It also causes my facial skin to be oilier, which is kept in check by a soap that I use. Other than that no issues.

DixieWrecked

Since stopping the DHEA and I am definitely less agitated. i haven't taken it in about a week and it seems like each day the feeling faded a little and now I am basically normal.

So today I started pregnenolone at 30mgs. I'll see if I notice any benefits. I suppose I am looking for improvement in sleep, brain fog, and libido. I wouldn't be fiddling with anything if I felt perfect.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me