Defy Medical HCG Shortage?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Status
Not open for further replies.

RumHam

Just joined Defy and saw their email a couple hours ago that Empower won't be allowed to compound HCG anymore. Does this mean Defy will no longer offer HCG? Do they offer a non-compounded version (is that a thing)? New to a lot of this stuff but I'm hesitant to switch now if I can't get HCG. My local clinic has it but I wanted to switch to Defy...

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
No compounding pharmacy (not even Empower) will be able to make hCG after Nov 5, 2021. The FDA threatened legal action. We will all have to get hCG called into regular pharmacies. Prices vary and I predict a shortage issue.

Graham

With GoodRX I am looking at a 30-40 percent price increase for an equal amount of HCG that I have been getting through Defy. I imagine that will go up with the increased demand going that route.

Phil Goodman

With GoodRX I am looking at a 30-40 percent price increase for an equal amount of HCG that I have been getting through Defy. I imagine that will go up with the increased demand going that route.
What brand? I guess I’ve been living under a rock because I didn’t even know that Pregnyl was discontinued earlier in the year. So that leaves only one manufacturer still making this stuff, right? Seems like they are really just doing away with it all together, which is pretty concerning.

RumHam

No compounding pharmacy (not even Empower) will be able to make hCG after Nov 5, 2021. The FDA threatened legal action. We will all have to get hCG called into regular pharmacies. Prices vary and I predict a shortage issue.

Are pharmacies generally willing to fill out of state prescriptions? Especially for something like HCG?

Vince

Super Moderator
The clinic calling in a prescription to your local pharmacy has to have a doctor with a license in your state.
Thanks for the info Nelson. I'll have to talk to my primary doctor and hopefully she'll provide a script for my pharmacy.

I feel bad for empower pharmacy, I've been really happy with their services and products.

goolapsh

I’ve always found empower products very shady personally. There’s a post on Reddit where someone describes that they’ve received several FDA warnings because their products were tested for sterility and failed. They didn’t abide by certain rules that the FDA imposed on them to make their products safe for the consumer, and they failed at that too. They don’t third party test each batch of cream as well, which is the issue I had with them with creams. Defy and empower have a business relationship, and I had a terrible experience with defy, so I’m kind of glad to see them suffer a bit.

Attachments

• E9B614C4-D5E0-4160-97D5-4985172D2D1F.png
    E9B614C4-D5E0-4160-97D5-4985172D2D1F.png
    153.9 KB · Views: 69

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I have been to Empower's new facilities and they are the most state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in the compounding industry. They spent over 35 million dollars in a brand new facility that was just opened this past August 2021.

Instead of concentrating on Empower or Defy, everyone should be concentrating on the source of the problem: The FDA.

So what’s the solution once my HCG runs out?
Does that mean we have to come off TRT?
I’m with defy AND also dr lipshultz here in Houston. So i have access to both providers if that helps.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
So what’s the solution once my HCG runs out?
Does that mean we have to come off TRT?

No. What this means is that from now on, all compounding pharmacies (all of them) will no longer be able to make and sell hCG. Lipshultz and all doctors (with a license in the state where the patient lives) will be able to call in an hCG prescription to a local pharmacy (CVS, Walgreens, etc) for brand name hCG.

I predict price increases and supply issues soon.

Empower is honoring refills until Nov 4, so contact your prescriber.

Wolverine

What brand? I guess I’ve been living under a rock because I didn’t even know that Pregnyl was discontinued earlier in the year. So that leaves only one manufacturer still making this stuff, right? Seems like they are really just doing away with it all together, which is pretty concerning.
I just got Pregnyl a few weeks ago.

Phil Goodman

I just got Pregnyl a few weeks ago.

This is the only source I could find, but I’ve heard from others that they’ve discontinued production. I hope this is incorrect so if anyone could confirm whether or not it’s true it would be helpful.

On 25 February 2021, Merck Sharp & Dohme, manufacturers of Pregnyl® 1500IU and 5,000IU, released a statement informing the health sector that they were discontinuing supply. It is anticipated that the Australian supply will run out in August 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale