Creams with new application over injectable?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
Michael Buckley owner/founder of Lawley Pharmaceuticals (1995) has been recommending the scrotal application of testosterone based cream for men with hypogonadism years ago.....mind you once daily application.

Here is a video:

This video is a preview of a lecture given at the 2010 18th international A4M conference in Orlando. The full video with slides is available for purchase at DigiVisionMedia.com/A4M Item #A4M101WD2.

Scrotal Testosterone Cream Over Gels and Injections

madman

Super Moderator
Hi all -

I've heard many problems with creams both here and from other sources. However, this recent Tweet from Dr. Jay Campbell got me curious:

" @DrKeithHRTMD Hacked the Hormone code w/ his Trans-Scrotal approach. After 18 years of IM 27 gauge injects, I’m rubbing T on my sack & have never felt better."

Jay is using creams on his scrotum because Dr. Keith Nichols claims based on a Journal of Andrology 2017 study that it has 8x better absorption than the traditional armpit or other areas.

Dr. Nichols claims "It gives better results and it is too new to be in book. Will be added as book is updated to reflect current research. Daily injections are good but 2x daily scrotal application gives more consistent levels without any significant peaks and troughs. Easy to adjust dosage also"

Has anyone heard about this? What do you think?

They're doing 2x / day application which would theoretically lead to more stable levels at least. Would this also help with hematocrit?

Many can do well on transdermal application and if anything the main drawbacks aside from possible transfer to children or woman if care is not taken after it is applied.

Would be absorption issues with use on shoulders/arms/chest/inner thighs for some men as only 9-14% is absorbed so larger volumes of medication applied to a bigger surface areas are required and even than some still have absorption issues.

Also achieving high enough levels of testosterone can be difficult for some men!

Scrotal application of a testosterone cream would eliminate these issues as not only would one be less prone to possible transfer issues to children or woman but when using the cream scrotally the absorption is 5-8x greater and to top it off one can easily achieve higher testosterone levels using a much smaller volume of cream.

Also do understand that the main benefit of using a transdermal over injections is that out of all the trt methods the patches/transdermal are the only forms which most closely mimic the natural endogenous circadian rhythm (24 hr) of a healthy young male as testosterone levels peak in the early am and gradually decline throughout the late afternoon/evening.

Even than the patch would take the title!

Dr. Crisler prefers transdermal applied once daily due to this reason!

When one uses transdermal twice daily (am/pm) whether applied to body (shoulders/arms/chest/inner thighs) or scrotal applied twice daily (am/pm) the benefit of mimicking the natural circadian rhythm is thrown out the window.

Sure one may feel twice daily application is superior to once daily application.....but if I were going to switch from injections to transdermal than I would choose once daily application to most closely mimic the natural circadian rhythm.

Hell I and many would take a healthy functioning HPTA any day over trt but unfortunately in our situation we do not have that option.

BenM

Interesting, as my endocrinologist tried to get me to go with cream/scrotal application a few weeks back when we were discussing a change of ester. I turned him down flat, but wonder if it's something worth trying in future. Not that there are any major issues with my current injection protocol.

The doom and gloom that surrounds the scrotal application is the that DHT is demonized, from hair loss to Prostate, which is for the most part in a reasonable dose and treatment not much of a factor any more than injections.
If I had to start over I'd want to go this route. As some one that supplements DHT with a little cream added to the injections I know it works. In fact, one of the (very) old school trains of thought was to treat DHT, not Testosterone. But again like I said DHT is unfairly demonized.

Sean Mosher

As I understand it the only "downside" if you will to this method would be the twice daily application part.
Other than that I've heard very good things about this method along with great results.

Tednacious

I have been using Androforte 5% for about a year and a half. Showing all the symptoms of low T and having 2 doctors refuse to test me for it I bought some straight from Australia. Not knowing that there was a way to get my blood tested without prescription I just started using the recommended 1ml (50 mg) applied to the scrotum per day. I felt a slight improvement on my poor libido for a couple months and maybe a little help with energy in the gym for a while but over the last year I haven't been feeling too good at all. Obviously this is very anecdotal but I then recently switched to Defy and got my bloods done (taking my daily Androforte about 4 hours before draw)

TT - 380
Free T - 15.9 (6.8-21.5)
LH - <0.2 (1.7-8.6)
Estradiol sensative 19.7 (8-35)
SHBG 27.4 (16.5-55.9)

I was surprised that my TT stayed so low thinking that the cream probably got me up to at least average levels but alas no. I'm much happier with Defy especially considering that the medication costs are roughly the same, with shipping the Androforte ran me about $350 for a 100 day supply

Sean Mosher

Only reason I know that is because I hear it a lot from doctors seeing new TRT patients already on AndroGel and still very sub-optimal.

As I understand it the only "downside" if you will to this method would be the twice daily application part.
Other than that I've heard very good things about this method along with great results.

I can admit that I've thought of twice per day inj. My short period with Androgel, which I felt like I liked, I split up some applications.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me