Comparing my Estradiol Standard & Sensitive Labs

Buy Lab Tests Online
I've had several labs done, that included both the standard Estradiol and sensitive assays. Thought I would share for those interested in the results:

(11/19/13)
Estradiol = 46.2 (7.6-42.6)
Estradiol Sensitive = 39 (3-70)

(12/31/13)
Estradiol = 39.5 (7.6-42.6)
Estradiol Sensitive = 23 (3-70)

(2/19/14)
Estradiol = 34.0 (7.6-42.6)
Estradiol Sensitive = 19 (3-70)

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Thank you. Another example of how the wrong test can all too easily result in a misguided effort to manage something that can be left alone. Much appreciated.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Thanks, Lockout888

I appreciate your sharing that data!

Our CRP changes daily depending on what we eat, how we sleep, how much we exercise, etc...so the delta between the two tests varies accordingly.

CoastWatcher

Thanks, Lockout888

I appreciate your sharing that data!

Our CRP changes daily depending on what we eat, how we sleep, how much we exercise, etc...so the delta between the two tests varies accordingly.

Exogenous testosterone slightly lowered my somewhat elevated CRP. I'm pleased that the known anti-inflammatory effects of the androgen did have an impact. I've never had a non-sensitive E2 test, but have always wondered what the spread would be given the autoimmune issues I deal with.

Exogenous testosterone slightly lowered my somewhat elevated CRP. I'm pleased that the known anti-inflammatory effects of the androgen did have an impact. I've never had a non-sensitive E2 test, but have always wondered what the spread would be given the autoimmune issues I deal with.

Thank you nelson for explaining that!

Question for you coastwatcher, is it ONLY CRP that interferes with the standard assay?

Speed

So, the best option, I suppose, for us outside the US is to always do CRP test with E2 and compare.

Based on symptoms and my non-sensitive E2 test, It gives me fair results.
CRP is around 0.5 always.

CoastWatcher

Thank you nelson for explaining that!

Question for you coastwatcher, is it ONLY CRP that interferes with the standard assay?

CRP is the one constant that is referenced as driving the inaccurate results in men that are derived from the standard test. I find it interesting, however, that the standard test is not advised for use in children and, in some cases, post-menopausal women. The common factor in those cases is lower estradiol levels, not the presence of elevated CRP.

CRP is the one constant that is referenced as driving the inaccurate results in men that are derived from the standard test. I find it interesting, however, that the standard test is not advised for use in children and, in some cases, post-menopausal women. The common factor in those cases is lower estradiol levels, not the presence of elevated CRP.

Yeah that is interesting, maybe it's unknown if there are other hormones/chemicals/markers that interfere.

Nice comparison...I had a lab error that gave me both tests from the same blood draw on the same day and my sensitive was HIGHER than the standard test.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me