Can't sleep

JimGainz

Been down this road of insomnia as well. Tried a number of things. Sublingual pregnenolone at bedtime is the only thing that worked. And, it worked the first day. Now using 25mg am and pm.
I know this is an old thread but I am having symptoms described by others here and Defy recommended Pregnenalone a while ago - but I never started because I thought that HCG would help backfill some of those pathways. Are you still taking it and does it still work or does it lose its effect over time? Any withdrawal if stopped?

Gman86

I know this is an old thread but I am having symptoms described by others here and Defy recommended Pregnenalone a while ago - but I never started because I thought that HCG would help backfill some of those pathways. Are you still taking it and does it still work or does it lose its effect over time? Any withdrawal if stopped?

Did defy recommend taking the pregnenolone before bed?

Pregnenolone is an interesting one. Some say to take it in the morning because it energizes them, and some say to take it before bed because it calms them and can help with sleep. I wish it was more clear which time of day to take pregnenolone. In currently trying to figure it out myself. Here’s a great podcast with dr crisler and Carl Lanore about pregnenolone that someone posted here that I’ve listened to about 3 times now. Crisler had all his patients start on 50mg of transdermal preg taken in the AM, according to this podcast

If u want something that’s more clear cut when to take and unanimously helps improve sleep I would look into supplementing with progesterone. It’s basically the body’s natural Valium, and can also help with anxiety. Preg sounds like it’s worth trying, but if ur looking for something that is well known to help with both anxiety and sleep, and isn’t so confusing as to what effects it’s gonna have person to person, progesterone is it.

JimGainz

@JimGainz did defy specify which time of day to take the pregnenolone?
They did not (or rather I didn’t take notes on it). That recommendation was from two years ago when I was experiencing a lot of anxiety and insomnia – it turned out that it was mostly from dialing in my thyroid but I did note that they recommended DHEA and pregnenalone. . I know that the recommendation for DHEA was at night but I don’t know for sure about Preg.

Gman86

They did not (or rather I didn’t take notes on it). That recommendation was from two years ago when I was experiencing a lot of anxiety and insomnia – it turned out that it was mostly from dialing in my thyroid but I did note that they recommended DHEA and pregnenalone. . I know that the recommendation for DHEA was at night but I don’t know for sure about Preg.

Ya DHEA is definitely at night from my understanding. But np, was jc. What’s ur plans in regards to trying to resolve the anxiety and sleep issues ur currently experiencing?

JimGainz

Ya DHEA is definitely at night from my understanding. But np, was jc. What’s ur plans in regards to trying to resolve the anxiety and sleep issues ur currently experiencing?
I’m going to keep trying different things and keep a log of my experiences. This helps me piece together what is causing the problem. My initial concern was that it was from lowering the dose of nandrolone from about 110 mg/week to 50. My last log of anxiety/restlessness correlated to that and I’m doing the same thing now with the same symptoms. However, i don’t think it’s that alone. It’s probably a combination of outside stressors, taking a bit too much thyroid and caffeine, with perhaps some backfill hormone needs.

Yesterday I took an extra DHEA during the day as well as at night and slept better. Also, I noticed that if I have too much coffee right after my thyroid T3 pill I get really agitated. My dose / coffee drinking has always been the same but there may be something with lowering the nandrolone that makes me more susceptible to that because I never feel this way when I take nandrolone at higher doses. Could be all coincidental too.

I am going to call Defy today and see what they suggest.

Gman86

I’m going to keep trying different things and keep a log of my experiences. This helps me piece together what is causing the problem. My initial concern was that it was from lowering the dose of nandrolone from about 110 mg/week to 50. My last log of anxiety/restlessness correlated to that and I’m doing the same thing now with the same symptoms. However, i don’t think it’s that alone. It’s probably a combination of outside stressors, taking a bit too much thyroid and caffeine, with perhaps some backfill hormone needs.

Yesterday I took an extra DHEA during the day as well as at night and slept better. Also, I noticed that if I have too much coffee right after my thyroid T3 pill I get really agitated. My dose / coffee drinking has always been the same but there may be something with lowering the nandrolone that makes me more susceptible to that because I never feel this way when I take nandrolone at higher doses. Could be all coincidental too.

I am going to call Defy today and see what they suggest.

I love people like u that are always experimenting and log their experiences. No offense to the people that stay on one protocol their whole life and just recite info from studies, they’re obv important, but it’s people like u that I much prefer that not only keep up with the latest research, but also experiment and implement their findings to see what works and doesn’t work in real life. Imo it’s people like u that progress HRT forward at a much more rapid rate, and should be greatly valued instead of judged for “always tinkering”. Looking forward to see what ends up resolving the anxiety and sleep issues. Thanks again for such detailed logs of everything and keeping us informed with frequent updates

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts