Can TRT reduce sensitivity of androgen receptors?

Buy Lab Tests Online

BisonCamel

Is this possible or does this happen? Naturally the body frequently fluctuates hormone levels, and in TRT we have a constant steady supply and also a lot of us are a slight bit higher than we would be naturally. I was wondering if anyone with some knowledge on androgen receptor sensitivity and TRT could educate me on this. Thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Sean Mosher

I have heard at super high doses that there's a possibility of a reduction in receptor sensitivity but those were body-building doses approaching or at a gram a week.
I don't recall ever seeing any data or studies for therapeutic or TRT dosing indicating androgen receptor sensitivity reduction.
Hopefully someone else will chime in with a link and/or study.

Vince

Super Moderator
We have members who been on try for over 20 years, they've never complain about reduce sensitivity of T receptors.

I have heard at super high doses that there's a possibility of a reduction in receptor sensitivity but those were body-building doses approaching or at a gram a week.
I don't recall ever seeing any data or studies for therapeutic or TRT dosing indicating androgen receptor sensitivity reduction.
I totally agree.

Vitamin_C

It would be interesting to observe some of the older bodybuilders from the 80's and 90's who are all on TRT. Jay Cutler is still jacked, Dorian Yates looks lean and healthy, these guys slammed high levels of testosterone and synthetics. I'm sure if there were issues with androgen receptors we would see some muscle wasting or other issues with androgen dysfunction.

You'd be far better off examining poor and untrained Drs with bad protocols, patients with anxiety that will not be satisfied with anything, hypochondriacs that are incurable in that way, lack of patient compliance with protocols...than trying to dissect some phantom thing like this

HarryCat2

11 posts in a thread with no definintive conclusion is "a lot"...interesting

I just gave one example. If you go back through the T forums starting from about 10 years ago, or maybe it has been longer, especially when Dr. Mariano was active on the forums, this topic came up quite a bit. There is still no resolution to the debate except that some guys are still reporting reduced effectiveness after a certain amount to time. Perhaps there is a genetic component, perhaps "it is all in their head", perhaps androgen receptors are getting desensitized, we just don't know.

HarryCat2

Going back into the archives I can see that Dr. Mariano posted this in the 2006-2007 time frame, but it is reference to the effect of TRT on dopamine not the AR. Keep in mind he is saying that this may be possible, it certainly doesn't happen in all men.

"Dopamine is one neurotransmitter that clearly can result in tolerance when present at high levels. Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that needs to vary in concentration hour by hour. On of its functions is to provide a feeling of reward on certain events. A reward cannot last forever, it has to have a finite life or one cannot differentiated it as a reward. TRT generally does not have the frequent fluctuations in dopamine level during the course of the day that natural testotserone production lends."

"Dopamine sensitivity improves once a deficit is created.
Going off TRT periodically, which is done by ASIH, for example, would then allow dopamine sensitivity to return."

"When total testosterone is supraphysiologic - i.e. over 1000 ng/dl - problems with libido and erections may occur. Testosterone increases dopamine in the brain in order to increase sex drive, reduce depression, give pleasure to activities. The problem is that dopamine is a very fragile neurotransmitter/hormone in its effects. Too high a dopamine level can cause tolerance to dopamine. This is similar to how one can develop tolerance to drugs such as cocaine and amphetamines which increase dopamine levels in the brain to cause their high. This can lead to the loss of libido when high testosterone levels are maintained for long periods of time."

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me