Can Tamoxifen Decrease Libido?

Buy Lab Tests Online

dinhoguerra

I'm on TRT after a cycle with steroids. My protocol is 45mg Cypionate EOD. But, due to a principle of gynecomastia (in the cycle), I'm taking 60mg tamox ED.
My exames labs is all ok. TT > 1000 and E2 <50 .
However, I am felling with low libido. Morning woods are presents every day.
Can anyone help me?
P.s.: Excuse my english, it's not my language.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

If you only just started TRT it's going to take some time, erections and libido can take anywhere from 6-12 months to fully resolve. Also high E2 will lower libido, make sure you are using the Sensitive E2 tests LC/MS/MS method. We really need more labs than you are providing, including SHBG. If SHBG is lower, this protocol may be wrong for you.

How long have you been on this protocol?

Last edited:

dinhoguerra

If you only just started TRT it's going to take some time, erections and libido can take anywhere from 6-12 months to fully resolve. Also high E2 will lower libido, make sure you are using the Sensitive E2 tests LC/MS/MS method. We really need more labs than you are providing, including SHBG.

How long have you been on this protocol?

Excuse-me, the correct number is 42

Systemlord

Maybe on low T, but with T > 1000?
Your Total T isn't the problem, estrogen levels may be. I know it would cause me problems with libido regardless of my Total T number. Your high Total T may be why E2 is high, we men convert testosterone into estrogen, the more testosterone, the higher the estrogen.

If you reduce your dosage, estrogen would decrease.

Remember the total is all bound up and doesn't really mean anything. Id be more inclined to make a point of the Estrogen if we knew the SHBG and Free T

Your SHBG of 16.5 tells me that your Estradiol needs to be much closer to that same number, 43.6 is likely to high for YOU the individuals. Notice how high your Free T is? This means the Free Estrogen is likewise very high. You should reduce your Testosterone dosing to get your Free T down closer but not too much over the lab range. Your E should come down that way.

HealthMan

I call tamoxifen = tamoxivenom. Amongst other terrible side effects it kills my libido. However very efficient to get rid of recent gyno (specially the lump type).

dinhoguerra

I call tamoxifen = tamoxivenom. Amongst other terrible side effects it kills my libido. However very efficient to get rid of recent gyno (specially the lump type).
Thanks for your response.
Did you use tamoxifen while on TRT?
How much time after stopping tamoxifen your libido came back?

HealthMan

Thanks for your response.
Did you use tamoxifen while on TRT?
How much time after stopping tamoxifen your libido came back?
I used Tamoxifen several times during TRT to combat gyno and during PCT/restarts. Keep in mind that tamoxifen has a long half life and its main metabolite has an even longer half life. So if i am not mistaken it might take ~8 weeks to have both tamoxifen and its main metabolite out of your system. So during the end of this period you should start to get your libido back (if indeed tamoxifen was what caused the low libido in the first place)

dinhoguerra

I used Tamoxifen several times during TRT to combat gyno and during PCT/restarts. Keep in mind that tamoxifen has a long half life and its main metabolite has an even longer half life. So if i am not mistaken it might take ~8 weeks to have both tamoxifen and its main metabolite out of your system. So during the end of this period you should start to get your libido back (if indeed tamoxifen was what caused the low libido in the first place)

dinhoguerra

I've been reading some of your posts and it seems to me that you're quite sensitive to gynecomastia. Considering that you use tamoxifen to treat, how do you solve the libido problem during treatment?

HealthMan

I've been reading some of your posts and it seems to me that you're quite sensitive to gynecomastia. Considering that you use tamoxifen to treat, how do you solve the libido problem during treatment?
Symptoms were gone after 2 months with very noticeable improvement after 4 weeks

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me