Benefit from a DA (cabergoline) without elevated prolactin?

Buy Lab Tests Online
I've been prescribed cabergoline for a few years now (pituitary tumor), and the side effects have driven me away. Bromocriptine worked a little better (it's weaker), but the fatigue was unbearable.

My doctor helped me get quinagolide from Canada, which is a non-ergolide DA. It's apparently more in line with bromo as far as strength goes.

My prolactin hovers between 30-80, but about 75% of it in my case is bound to IgG (macroprolactin) and technically inactive. Although my doctor has found in some cases it still exhibits side effects.

My question is, have any of you guys seen an improvement in sexual function from a DA (like caber or bromo) without insanely high PRL levels? Obviously they work if you have a prolactinoma cranking your levels in the hundreds/thousands, but what about just slightly elevated?

I've also heard lowering PRL too much can cause the same problems you're trying to fix.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

swoops36

I tried .25mg Caber twice. I had read it helps with restless leg as I taper off Suboxone. All I got was panic attacks every 24 hours for 3-4 days. It was rapid heartbeat and a sense of overwhelming doom that would last for an hour or so. I have wanted to try something less strong but haven’t talked to my dr about it yet

SilverSurfer

I tried .25mg Caber twice. I had read it helps with restless leg as I taper off Suboxone. All I got was panic attacks every 24 hours for 3-4 days. It was rapid heartbeat and a sense of overwhelming doom that would last for an hour or so. I have wanted to try something less strong but haven’t talked to my dr about it yet

The “go to” for opiate addicts for RLS is gabapentin. Pair gabapentin up with clonodine and 80% or more of withdrawal symptoms disappear. RLS is the worst symptom of opioid withdrawal IMO.

SilverSurfer

I've been prescribed cabergoline for a few years now (pituitary tumor), and the side effects have driven me away. Bromocriptine worked a little better (it's weaker), but the fatigue was unbearable.

My doctor helped me get quinagolide from Canada, which is a non-ergolide DA. It's apparently more in line with bromo as far as strength goes.

My prolactin hovers between 30-80, but about 75% of it in my case is bound to IgG (macroprolactin) and technically inactive. Although my doctor has found in some cases it still exhibits side effects.

My question is, have any of you guys seen an improvement in sexual function from a DA (like caber or bromo) without insanely high PRL levels? Obviously they work if you have a prolactinoma cranking your levels in the hundreds/thousands, but what about just slightly elevated?

I've also heard lowering PRL too much can cause the same problems you're trying to fix.

I use Cabergoline for my prolactin levels which are usually 21 - 25 untreated. I’m a recovering opiate addict on Suboxone so use Cabergoline to get it down to 10’ish. It’s been the only thing that helps my libido. I take .25 mg twice per week.

swoops36

The “go to” for opiate addicts for RLS is gabapentin. Pair gabapentin up with clonodine and 80% or more of withdrawal symptoms disappear. RLS is the worst symptom of opioid withdrawal IMO.
Good to know! I will see about getting those at my next appointment

wondering

You take clonidine, you may find yourself with a much bigger problem. There is nothing on earth worse than benzo withdrawal.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
In answer to the original question: Possibly. Many years ago I had a baseline prolactin of 6 ng/mL. More recently it had crept up to just over 10. This correlated with increasing difficulty in achieving orgasm. I tried micro-dosing cabergoline, titrating up to 31 mcg/day, which has correlated with amelioration of the problem. An intermediate dose of 62 mcg TIW had pushed prolactin down to 8, so I expect to be a little under that now. Cause and effect? Can't say for sure...

Appassionato

What side effects did you experience?
Didn't the pituitary tumor disappear while taking cabergoline for years?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me