B12 and libido

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gman86

My b12 use of 1000iu made me start to feel weird and break out.

Did ur b12 really come in iu’s? Or is it 1000mcg? That’s a relatively low dose compared to what people usually supplement with, if it’s in fact measured in mcgs. Wonder why it caused u to have those reactions

ajax31

I don't know about MJ but the B12 gave me a raging headache

Did ur b12 really come in iu’s? Or is it 1000mcg? That’s a relatively low dose compared to what people usually supplement with, if it’s in fact measured in mcgs. Wonder why it caused u to have those reactions
Were you taking methylcobalamin by chance? I felt dreadful taking it orally, sublingually and even the nasal methylcobalamin made me feel sick.

Switched to cyanocobalamin injections and it's been smooth sailing ever since.

JA Battle

Were you taking methylcobalamin by chance? I felt dreadful taking it orally, sublingually and even the nasal methylcobalamin made me feel sick.

Switched to cyanocobalamin injections and it's been smooth sailing ever since.
Yes it was methyl b12.

How has injections helped you? How much?
mcg

ajax31

Yes it was methyl b12.

How has injections helped you? How much?

mcg
The standard dose is 1,000 mcg, or 1 ml. The frequency is up to you. I'm currently doing B12 injections once a week.

Increased body temperature, fewer aches and pains, more energy, and my tinnitus (ringing in the ears) has improved slightly. No change in sexual function.

Another thing to be aware of is that vitamin B12 can cause or exacerbate a deficiency in potassium. I discovered it when my pulse rate and blood pressure spiked after injecting B12. Do not supplement with potassium unless you're being monitored by a doctor. It has to be kept within a narrow range ... too high or too low and you end up heart arrhythmias.

I don't think low potassium due to vitamin B12 will be a problem for most though.

Since I occasionally go off-topic, here's this for anyone who has long-term side effects from Accutane. Isotretinoin causes vitamin B12 deficiency.

S1W

The standard dose is 1,000 mcg, or 1 ml. The frequency is up to you. I'm currently doing B12 injections once a week.

Increased body temperature, fewer aches and pains, more energy, and my tinnitus (ringing in the ears) has improved slightly. No change in sexual function.

Another thing to be aware of is that vitamin B12 can cause or exacerbate a deficiency in potassium. I discovered it when my pulse rate and blood pressure spiked after injecting B12. Do not supplement with potassium unless you're being monitored by a doctor. It has to be kept within a narrow range ... too high or too low and you end up heart arrhythmias.

I don't think low potassium due to vitamin B12 will be a problem for most though.

Since I occasionally go off-topic, here's this for anyone who has long-term side effects from Accutane. Isotretinoin causes vitamin B12 deficiency.

Great information - thank you for sharing.

M.J

I am still on 5000mcg methylcobalamin, I posted the supplement pic earlier.

I still believe it is helping a lot, I am reaching my 40 days in my new 20mg EOD protocol.
Still doing good. Still convinced that b12 made a big difference. I stopped it twice and saw libido go down, not stopping it anymore.

Last edited:

M.J

Correction I meant 20mg EOD.”corrected the above”

Anyone has success with b12 ? Can’t be just me who feels much better I even stopped it twice and went completely dead with libido.

JA Battle

Correction I meant 20mg EOD.”corrected the above”

Anyone has success with b12 ? Can’t be just me who feels much better I even stopped it twice and went completely dead with libido.
I already have high range b12 levels and I took one 1000mcg dose of methylb12 and started to break out next day. That was only symptom and I’m not sure if it is related. Maybe someday I will re examine this

ajax31

I already have high range b12 levels and I took one 1000mcg dose of methylb12 and started to break out next day. That was only symptom and I’m not sure if it is related. Maybe someday I will re examine this
Measuring serum B12 directly is not as useful as getting a blood level of homocysteine and methylmalonic acid.

I have not experienced acne on cyanocobalamin injections. If you read the study I linked to above, the authors state that B12 aggravates acne. Never heard that before but it’s plausible since B12 is required for DNA synthesis / new cell formation. And then they speculate that Accutane, in part, works by lowering B12.

JA Battle

Measuring serum B12 directly is not as useful as getting a blood level of homocysteine and methylmalonic acid.

I have not experienced acne on cyanocobalamin injections. If you read the study I linked to above, the authors state that B12 aggravates acne. Never heard that before but it’s plausible since B12 is required for DNA synthesis / new cell formation. And then they speculate that Accutane, in part, works by lowering B12.
Yes my homocysteine was 7 so I’m assuming I don’t have methylation issues. I do have higher iron levels and low vitamin d levels

M.J

Just to update this, libido slowly went away with time I starting to see if cycling it would do the trick.
My b12 went high after I stopped it for few weeks I did a test and it was as below.

CA419B3F-B359-4AA7-9EAA-313CB729D350.jpeg

MIP1950

Yup again libido came back something defiantly there is this b12.
To clarify; Are you cycling on and off of methylcobalamin? I haven't taken any b12 injections(cyanocobalamin) for about three weeks. I believe you're taking Jarrow 5000 mcg, sublingual, IIRC. I think I recounted when, in my early 20's, I'd get a b12 injection from my doctor and my libido/erectile function went into overdrive. My brain was on fire with desire, LOL! My doctor, an endocrinologist, explained that b12 increases histamine, which increased libido. My first lesson in basic physiology. Some men don't want to feel that horny but I do. I felt alive. Don't feel that way now. And some of the effect of b12 is also because of a rise in dopamine.

I've been thinking of doing a b12 shot at the same time I inject testosterone, EOD. Maybe a synergistic effect. Or, I might switch to sublingual methylcobalamin and utilize it in the same way. Just brainstorming.

Last edited:

M.J

To clarify; Are you cycling on and off of methylcobalamin? I haven't taken any b12 injections(cyanocobalamin) for about three weeks. I believe you're taking Jarrow 5000 mcg, sublingual, IIRC. I think I recounted when, in my early 20's, I'd get a b12 injection from my doctor and my libido/erectile function went into overdrive. My brain was on fire with desire, LOL! My doctor, an endocrinologist, explained that b12 increases histamine, which increased libido. My first lesson in basic physiology. Some men don't want to feel that horny but I do. I felt alive. Don't feel that way now. And some of the effect of b12 is also because of a rise in dopamine.

I've been thinking of doing a b12 shot at the same time I inject testosterone, EOD. Maybe a synergistic effect. Or, I might switch to sublingual methylcobalamin and utilize it in the same way. Just brainstorming.
I can’t tel you with no doubt b12 helped increase my libido. Only at 5000mcg and yes I use Jarrow 5000 mcg, sublingual. Daily.
I am not sure if I need to cycle it but I stopped for 3 weeks and everything went off.
Now I am back again yesterday sex was the best in a month. I am trying to understand how can I improve this. Maybe with other supplements?

MIP1950

I can’t tel you with no doubt b12 helped increase my libido. Only at 5000mcg and yes I use Jarrow 5000 mcg, sublingual. Daily.
I am not sure if I need to cycle it but I stopped for 3 weeks and everything went off.
Now I am back again yesterday sex was the best in a month. I am trying to understand how can I improve this. Maybe with other supplements?
Excellent to hear that. B12 has a wide ranging impact on hormones, neurotransmitters and endothelial nitric oxide. I know men have talked about taking l-citrulline and/or l-histidine for libido/erectile function, as well supplements that increase dopamine, such as velvet bean/mucuna pruriens. There's also standardized tongkat ali. Other than l-citrulline and l-histidine, never tried the other supplements. With bipolar, I've got to be careful. I'm back on desiccated thyroid(self-treating)to try to normalize sleep/wake cycle, as well restore erectile function, which has been quite hit and miss.

M.J

Excellent to hear that. B12 has a wide ranging impact on hormones, neurotransmitters and endothelial nitric oxide. I know men have talked about taking l-citrulline and/or l-histidine for libido/erectile function, as well supplements that increase dopamine, such as velvet bean/mucuna pruriens. There's also standardized tongkat ali. Other than l-citrulline and l-histidine, never tried the other supplements. With bipolar, I've got to be careful. I'm back on desiccated thyroid(self-treating)to try to normalize sleep/wake cycle, as well restore erectile function, which has been quite hit and miss.
I will take the supplements you mentioned into consideration for sure. Thanks

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching