Are you adjusting your vitamin D intake to account for the Fall/Winter months of limited sunlight exposure?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gman86

My sleep quality since starting vitamin D supplements is much improved and is only getting better. This is after less than two weeks on vitamin D supplements.

My erections are coming back to, every time I take the vitamin D supplements, I'm able to get these amazing erections.

My strength and energy are up to, with dips here and there.

I realize I'm still most likely deficient and it will be weeks before my vitamin D levels get 30>.

How many iu’s u taking per day? What vit D supplement u taking? Just started taking vitamin D myself a week or so ago at 5kiu’s per day

U taking any k2 or magnesium with it?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

How many iu’s u taking per day?
I started out taking 50,000 units D2 for 3 days, then 50,000 weekly, but also take 6000 D3 daily on top of the 50,000 D2.

I eat food high in fats and magnesium when taking the vitamin D. I have to eat a lot of fats when I take my Jetanzo as well.

Outcome

I supplement with d3 from Labor Day to Memorial Day, like a previous reply to take it when daylight saving time ends. I take 5000 iu daily and also 10,000 iu a couple times a week. I also take it on cloudy days in the summer. I’ve never tested for it. Maybe I should. Vit D is probably the most under rated, ignored supplement out there. Deficiency of it is like an epidemic .

locutus

i live in AZ, spend a lot of time in Sun (no winter blues here), and take 10k daily.
my D levels are in the 80ng/dl levels. at 5k they were in 50ng/dl.
i tried to take 50k for 4 weeks once, and they went up to 150ng/dl which is also not bad.

Outcome

Wow your D level really responds to increasing/decreasing doses. Are you going to stay with the 10k iu and 80 ng/dl?
Another benefit: Dr’s all over the world noticed that people with D above 40 ng/dl were not getting bad Covid!

locutus

i definitely think that 10k/d is the way to go! what is interesting that my levels were the same when I lived in the midwest. i think that sun exposure is not sufficient to get your levels up, unless you are a life-guard in CA or similar

Systemlord

Are u taking enough magnesium along with the vitamin D?
Yes 200mg magnesium citrate. I'm taking 50,000 iu of vitamin D weekly in addition to 6000 iu daily and I'm starting to get really nauseous especially later in the day. I think I might be overloading on vitamin D.

As far as my doctors are concerned I'm only taking the 50,000 weekly, but the first 3 days I took 50,000 3 days in a row as it says on the prescription.

Gman86

Yes 200mg magnesium citrate. I'm taking 50,000 iu of vitamin D weekly in addition to 6000 iu daily and I'm starting to get really nauseous especially later in the day. I think I might be overloading on vitamin D.

As far as my doctors are concerned I'm only taking the 50,000 weekly, but the first 3 days I took 50,000 3 days in a row as it says on the prescription.
Ya ur definitely overdoing the vitamin D, imo. I would drop the 50k and just do the 6k iu’s/ day. Most people only need between 5-10k iu’s/ day. And ur not taking near enough magnesium for that amount of vitamin d. Even if u lower ur vitamin D dosage, I would get ur mag intake way up. Basically as high as u can until u get loose stools. That’s how I’ve always done it, and the best way to dose it, imo. Magnesium is one of those minerals u want to take as much as u can tolerate

Here’s a vid that I just so happened to watch earlier today actually, and he talks about magnesium and vitamin D a bit in it

Last edited:

Systemlord

Ya ur definitely overdoing the vitamin D, imo. I would drop the 50k and just do the 6k iu’s/ day.
When I started the 50,000 iu and didn't take any vitamin D for 1-2 days I would get insane diarrhea, shitting water basically which is why I started taking more.

I'll drop the 50,000 iu of vitamin D2 and continue vitamin D3.

Last edited:

Systemlord

I notice every time I take the magnesium I get very nauseous, I tried taking 25mg and still got nauseous. I have since stopped the magnesium and the nauseous feeling is gone after 3 days without.

Gman86

I notice every time I take the magnesium I get very nauseous, I tried taking 25mg and still got nauseous. I have since stopped the magnesium and the nauseous feeling is gone after 3 days without.
Never heard this happening to anyone before. Could it be the kind of magnesium ur taking? Can u link the mag ur taking?

Gman86

Nature Made 200mg citrate high absorption. Normally what happens when I take too much magnesium is I get diarrhea, not nausea.
Morley robbins is all about magnesium, but he doesn’t recommend mag citrate. I think the citrate part depletes another mineral, I want to say copper. I personally only use Remag. It’s liquid mag chloride, and have never had any issues. Literally never get headaches since starting it. He personally endorsed and recommends this magnesium that I’ll link below. I wouldn’t give up on magnesium just yet. If there’s only one supplement I could recommend to someone, it would probably be magnesium. It’s just so important for so many things.

Systemlord

I'm now having to take 12,000-14,000 iu vitamin D to keep the symptoms at bay, otherwise I'll start getting IBS and start shitting water and lose my appetite. Even at this dosage I still get these symptoms at bed time.

I need a shit ton of vitamin D and probably am not absorbing it well. I feel better when I also take the 50,000 in addition to the 14,000 iu and talking to my doctor about prescribing more.

I felt so damn good the first week when I took 150,000 iu in three days, been declining ever since even when taking the vitamin D3.

Systemlord

My vitamin D levels are at 38 after less than 5 weeks taking vitamin D supplements.

If I take less than 14,000 units per day, at 7000 or even 10,000 units per day I get terrible IBS, diarrhea, bone pain in my hands and feet and generally don't feel well.

Last edited:

Systemlord

I now have vitamin D toxicity, guess I should have seen it coming. Another month at 14,000 iu and I reached 62 on March 4th and shortly after this vitamin D got too high and I started urinating like there's no tomorrow followed by pain leg cramps and dehydration.

I'm sure it's in range, but I tend to be sensitive to some vitamins (C). I can't even handle 2000 D3, if I go for it by 11 a.m I start getting symptoms and normally I go for more which would reset those symptoms for another 2-3 hours, then forcing me to down more later on.

It's a trap (!) because today I've had none without the insane nausea and other symptoms are regressing. The one thing I've noticed is an almost complete lack of erections, which is probably due to dehydration over a 3 week period.

I feel better today than in the last 3-4 weeks going without D3 today. I'm going to buy 400iu D3 and take a normal daily dosage a couple weeks from now.

Last edited:

BigTex

As a part of my college classes I do about 100, 3 day dietary analysis and find that most all of my college students are severely deficient on Vitamin D3. With this viral pandemic, we have seen how important Vitamin D3 is to fighting virus. It is suspected Vitamin D3 supplementation has the ability to boost circulating Glutathione (GSH) levels and lower immune inflammatory or oxidative stress biomarkers. There is growing evidence that adequate D3 intake may help the immune system to fight off all viral infections.

Nimavat N, Singh S, Singh P, Singh SK, Sinha N. Vitamin D deficiency and COVID-19: A case-control study at a tertiary care hospital in India. Ann Med Surg (Lond). 2021 Aug;68:102661. doi: 10.1016/j.amsu.2021.102661. Epub 2021 Aug 5. PMID: 34377451; PMCID: PMC8339450.

Conclusion: Vitamin D status appears to be strongly associated with COVID-19 clinical severity. After COVID-19 confirmation, Vitamin D level should be measured in all patients and curative plus preventive therapy should be initiated.

Teshome A, Adane A, Girma B, Mekonnen ZA. The Impact of Vitamin D Level on COVID-19 Infection: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Front Public Health. 2021;9:624559. Published 2021 Mar 5. doi:10.3389/fpubh.2021.624559

Conclusions: In conclusion, low serum 25 (OH) Vitamin-D level was significantly associated with a higher risk of COVID-19 infection. The limited currently available data suggest that sufficient Vitamin D level in serum is associated with a significantly decreased risk of COVID-19 infection.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me