Are you adjusting your vitamin D intake to account for the Fall/Winter months of limited sunlight exposure?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Systemlord

I went to urgent care today with all too familiar symptoms, they had been creeping up on me gradually over the last couple of weeks. Revisit 2019 and I had multiple deficiencies, vitamin D being on of them.

A vitamin D deficiency is devastating for anyone with diabetes as it makes managing diabetes all but impossible.

Are you getting enough vitamin D in your diet this fall/winter?

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I supplement with 5000 IU of vitamin D3 6 times a week and one time a week. 10,000 IU. It keeps my vitamin D3 levels in a good range. I originally started supplementing with 10,000 IU daily, as my levels grew. I slowly lowered my dose.

Systemlord

I originally started supplementing with 10,000 IU daily, as my levels grew. I slowly lowered my dose.
Did you get any side effects from the increased on the high dose vitamin D?

I took 800iu two days ago and by the evening the symptoms of vitamin D deficiency started creeping back in, so I took 1200 yesterday and was fine all day long.

I do have a minor allergic reaction to vitamin D, but is minor. My skin burns shortly after taking it because my immune system doesn’t recognize it as vitamin D at first, but effect is short-lived.

Strangely it didn’t happen this morning.

Last edited:

Willyt

Prior to supplementation, I was always at bottom of range or under. Supplementing with 5,000 per day (Thorne brand) per Defy recommendation puts me at lower third of range, which is fine by me. It's one of the few supplements I take.

During winter months, I will occasionally take 10,000 one day per week like @Vince.

Vince

Super Moderator
Did you get any side effects from the increased on the high dose vitamin D?

I took 800iu two days ago and by the evening the symptoms of vitamin D deficiency started creeping back in, so I took 1200 yesterday and was fine all day long.

I do have a minor allergic reaction to vitamin D, but is minor. My skin burns shortly after taking it because my immune system doesn’t recognize it as vitamin D at first, but effect is short-lived.

Strangely it didn’t happen this morning.
I felt the same not taking vitamin D3 and taking vitamin D3. Zero symptoms.

Guided_by_Voices

I take 5000IU on cloudy days in the summer and 10000IU 4-5 days a week in the winter with K2(MK4), sometimes some vitamin A, and magnesium. That puts me right at 50.

Systemlord

Ok my vitamin D levels came back at 15 and have been taking 2000iu and since then my taste in my mouth and my teeth turn yellow later in the day.

I don't understand why this is happening, like it's not getting stored in the body not getting used.

Any ideas what's going on?

Last edited:

Gianluca

vitamin D is a hormone, since its importance a good plan would be to test it twice per year, perhaps during the HRT follow ups. Supplementing only when needed, but trying to get sun exposure as much as possible for it.

KevinS

I double up my D3/Fish oil around daylight savings time. I also use a tanning booth every 2-3 weeks during the winter months. Both seem to help. Although this year on TRT I have had no seasonal blues - which I'd normally start to feel in November.

Gladiator

My work life restricts my sun exposure. I’m always outside but have to wear long sleeve shirt long pants and hat.
Even in the Australian climate you will be low on vitamin D in summer. Just take it and have regular blood tests.
As I have been as low as 15 and suicidal I know it’s best to not drop it in summer

Systemlord

How has your gut health been recently?
My gut health is much better and hardly bloated at all anymore after meals.

It's been a quick turnaround as far as diabetes control that was spiraling out of control do to the vitamin D issue. I took 50,000iu D2 today and will continue for 2 more days and then 50,000 weekly for 120 days.

I still continue to lose about 7 pounds every 10-14 days or so and keep having to shorten my belt every week by about a quarter to a half of an inch.

Soon none of my close will fit.

Last edited:

GreenMachineX

I've been taking 10k iu for a few years which has kept my levels at low 50's, but about 2 months ago it crept up to 63 and earlier this week it was 78. I skipped a couple days and I think I'll take 5k iu for a few days, then alternate between 5k and 10k.

Systemlord

My understanding is it take longer for vitamin D to clear out of your system compared to water suitable vitamins.

So if vitamin D gets high, you could be stuck with it for a while.

FlowRW

Multiple Dr's on TV suggest as much as 15,000 to 20,000 IU's of Vitamin D3 a day. But you must take a Vitamin K2 supplement, 100 mg for every 10K of Vitamin D3 (with copper). D3 is number one when it comes to your immune system (that's not all it does). And with the flu's and virus's so prevalent right now, it should be on the top of your list. Dr's advice? My Dr says no more than 1000 IU's a day. Before I started TRT, my T level was 275 and she said that was in the normal range. She also said I need to stop eating beef. So my opinion of her advice is now in the shitter. Time for a new Dr.

GreenMachineX

My understanding is it take longer for vitamin D to clear out of your system compared to water suitable vitamins.

So if vitamin D gets high, you could be stuck with it for a while.
I know. It's half life is like 3 weeks so I have a while, but my calcium level is fine. When I look at vitamin D toxicity symptoms, I don't have any, but I'd feel more comfortable with a level 60-70.

Systemlord

My sleep quality since starting vitamin D supplements is much improved and is only getting better. This is after less than two weeks on vitamin D supplements.

My erections are coming back to, every time I take the vitamin D supplements, I'm able to get these amazing erections.

My strength and energy are up to, with dips here and there.

I realize I'm still most likely deficient and it will be weeks before my vitamin D levels get 30>.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me