Anyone Seeing SHBG Increasing With Frequent, Small Injections?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Brettski99

Does any one have labs that show the SHGB increase after they started more frequent smaller injections? How much did numbers change? Did symptoms you were having dismiss and if so how long did it take for them to dissipate?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

I actually did see a subtle - but real - SHBG increase when I went to daily injections over two years ago (a daily protocol was a game-changer for me). Where does your SHBG sit?

Vince

Super Moderator
Most do not see an increase in shbg with daily injections. A lot of men can reduce their E2, for me I lowered my HCT with daily injections.

CoastWatcher

Most do not see an increase in shbg with daily injections. A lot of men can reduce their E2, for me I lowered my HCT with daily injections.

Vince makes a good point. Daily injections don't necessarily produce an across the board change in blood values. They should provide solid total and free testosterone values, could well result in an e2 decrease, have a chance of impacting Hct and Hgb, may touch your SHBG values. The latter (sadly, from your perspective) is the least likely. But it might...this is TRT.

Brettski99

To start with here are lab results.
Lipid Panel w/ Chol/HDL Ratio Cholesterol,
Total 188 mg/dL 100 - 199
Triglycerides 96 mg/dL 0 - 149
HDL Cholesterol 42 mg/dL >39
VLDL Cholesterol Cal 19 mg/dL 5 - 40
LDL Cholesterol Calc 127 High mg/dL 0 - 99
T. Chol/HDL Ratio 4.5 ratio units 0.0 - 5.0
Testosterone,Free and Total Testosterone, Serum 722 ng/dL 264 - 916
Free Testosterone(Direct) 30.8 High pg/mL 6.8 - 21.5
DHEA-Sulfate 239.4 ug/dL 102.6 - 416.3
Estradiol, Sensitive 25.1 pg/mL 8.0 - 35.0
5-10-17-Sex Horm Binding Glob, Serum 17
10-17-17Sex Horm Binding Glob, Serum 13.9 Low nmol/L 16.5 - 50
Last A1C- 5.1
Fasting glucose-94

I started with defy 8 weeks ago, the first couple weeks felt good, then slowly went downhill. I have anxiety, fatigue and a general weighted down feeling. I just had consult with the NP they are switching me from
.33ml every 3.5 days to 1.1ml everyday,
Anatarzole .5mg weekly on injection days to 0.125mg EOD .
wil I have done a lot of reading and am looking forward to feeling like I want to live again as right now this feeling is worst I have ever been. With the low SHBG being this low contribute to my symptoms? How long did it take to have your level rise with the daily protocol?

Last edited:

Brettski99

If daily injections wont likely increase what can be done as this seems like a riddle on how to raise SHBG. Besides the medical issues that contribute to the condition while on TRT what can be done as now im confused and the brain fog i have is making daily tasks a massive chore.

CoastWatcher

If daily injections wont likely increase what can be done as this seems like a riddle on how to raise SHBG. Besides the medical issues that contribute to the condition while on TRT what can be done as now im confused and the brain fog i have is making daily tasks a massive chore.

Intervening successfully to alter SHBG levels is something that many patients would love to see, but few do. It seeks its own level and you work around it. What are your current SHBG levels? Are you on a protocol? If so, the details? Most recent lab work?

Brettski99

Intervening successfully to alter SHBG levels is something that many patients would love to see, but few do. It seeks its own level and you work around it. What are your current SHBG levels? Are you on a protocol? If so, the details? Most recent lab work?

Last A1C- 5.1
Fasting glucose-94

I started with defy 8 weeks ago, the first couple weeks felt good, then slowly went downhill. I have anxiety, fatigue and a general weighted down feeling. I just had consult with the NP they are switching me from
wil I have done a lot of reading and am looking forward to feeling like I want to live again as right now this feeling is worst I have ever been. With the low SHBG being this low contribute to my symptoms? How long did it take to have your level rise with the daily protocol?

I thought the only way to reduce your SHGB is to reduce your T lvl?
From all I have read here over time as members raise their T dose their SHGB drops.

TheDude

Last A1C- 5.1
Fasting glucose-94

Not sure you need the Anastrozole since your Estradiol is normal. Every day injections will help a little too. Mine is at 60 and was just put on 0.125mg every 4 days since I inject EOD.

CoastWatcher

I thought the only way to reduce your SHGB is to reduce your T lvl?
From all I have read here over time as members raise their T dose their SHGB drops.
A few on daily injections have seen a slight (though real) increase in SHBG. It doesn't happen quickly (about a year in my case, and it doesn't happen for all who shift to the daily protocol). My doctor has a number of patients on daily shots and she said she's only seen it a handful of times (there's a significant way to quantify a result). I went from high teens to mid 20s. Causation...correlation...dumb luck...

TheDude

A few on daily injections have seen a slight (though real) increase in SHBG. It doesn't happen quickly (about a year in my case, and it doesn't happen for all who shift to the daily protocol). My doctor has a number of patients on daily shots and she said she's only seen it a handful of times (there's a significant way to quantify a result). I went from high teens to mid 20s. Causation...correlation...dumb luck...

Just curious, but does it really matter if you're on an every day protocol?

Hello Brettski99, I have been with Defy for 7 months.
Before TRT with Defy my SHGB was 38.2

now 7 months later on TRT last blood test last week my SHGB is 28.9

My current TRT has not reached a therapeutic lvl. in 6 months under their care. TT-354 FT-12.7 E2-22
I anticipate a huge drop in my SHGB if they can get my TT up to 700-800 range.

This is what makes me think to raise your SHGB you need to reduce you T lvl. There has to be a balancing point where SHGB and TT are at your optimum.

Systemlord

Almost everyone experiences a good feeling the first couple of weeks being on TRT, followed by a crash which is actually your pituitary gland shutting down in response to detecting plenty of test circulating in the blood, your TRT honeymoon phase is over. When you started TRT you have your natural and injectable testosterone, now you're waiting for your body to adapt.

Your pituitary gland was one of a few who regulate your hormones and now it's shut down, you must wait for your body to adjust which could take a couple of months before anything significant is noticed. I've been on TRT for 8 months and I would say I didn't notice major changes until the 7 month, I also have low SHBG. You need to inject at least EOD, I only started doing it a month ago and had I done it from the beginning I likely would have recovered much quicker.

Vince

Super Moderator

TheDude

You mean in regard to SHBG? I only saw it in my own case after I made the switch and the discussion I had with my doctor was in that context.

Yeah. I'm curious if it matters if your SHBG slightly increases or decreases when you're on an every day protocol. I think it would have an impact on those that are on weekly or longer protocols, but not sure how it'd impact every day.

Brettski99

Almost everyone experiences a good feeling the first couple of weeks being on TRT, followed by a crash which is actually your pituitary gland shutting down in response to detecting plenty of test circulating in the blood, your TRT honeymoon phase is over. When you started TRT you have your natural and injectable testosterone, now you're waiting for your body to adapt.

Your pituitary gland was one of a few who regulate your hormones and now it's shut down, you must wait for your body to adjust which could take a couple of months before anything significant is noticed. I've been on TRT for 8 months and I would say I didn't notice major changes until the 7 month, I also have low SHBG. You need to inject at least EOD, I only started doing it a month ago and had I done it from the beginning I likely would have recovered much quicker.

7/8 months of feeling like this would be torture, as brain fog, anxiety, no libido, sex drive @ zero for last 4 weeks has me wondering why im even spending the $$$ on meds and if everything is shot now, why not get off trt and AI for a few months let body reset and start over?

It does make sense that if you can reduce the T spikes, one gets injecting weekly or every two weeks, your SHBG should go up.
If the theory is correct the higher the T the lower the SHBG.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me