Add Metformin to TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

HealthMan

I have been reading a lot about Metformin anti aging and anti cancer properties. Does anyone here (that is non diabetic) uses Metformin with their TRT protocol because of its anti aging/cancer properties? If so have you noticed any benefits? What dosage?

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

I am also taking it and I am not diabetic or pre-diabetic. I do it for the anti-aging properties, but I feel nothing whatsoever from taking it.

HealthMan

I am also taking it and I am not diabetic or pre-diabetic. I do it for the anti-aging properties, but I feel nothing whatsoever from taking it.

Thanks Ero. Any impact on bloodwork results? Do you get the RX from your TRT doctor? My fasting blood glucose is aroud 97-98 mg/dl I think because cortisol level so I think metforming could also be a added bonus on that as well.

Vince

Super Moderator
The biggest improvement I see is in my A1c. I've also read that people who are type 2 diabetic and use metformin, outlive people that are not type 2 diabetics and don't use metformin.

1Draw

The biggest improvement I see is in my A1c. I've also read that people who are type 2 diabetic and use metformin, outlive people that are not type 2 diabetics and don't use metformin.

Vince, what was your A1C prior to Metformin and what is it now? Reason I ask is my A1C was 5.8 in April and jumped to 6.1 in Dec so, I'm now taking Metformin ER 500mg 2x day with meals per Dr. Saya. Interested to know how much it lowered your A1C. Thanks!

Vince

Super Moderator
Vince, what was your A1C prior to Metformin and what is it now? Reason I ask is my A1C was 5.8 in April and jumped to 6.1 in Dec so, I'm now taking Metformin ER 500mg 2x day with meals per Dr. Saya. Interested to know how much it lowered your A1C. Thanks!

My last labs showed 5.4 but I don't remember what it started at. When I have time I'll try to look it up

HealthMan

I started metformin ER 500mg twice a day. Today i am feeling tired. I guess blood glucose is starting to lower (my fasting blood glucose has been 97-98ng/dl for a few years now) and that is making me feel tired. Hopefully soon my body will adapt. Curious to find out where my fasting blood glucose will be in a couple of months

HealthMan

I have recently (2 weeks ago) increased my dosage of metformin from 500mg 2x day to 1000mg 2x day and since then I have been feeling tired. Anyone has experienced this while on metformin?

Hoosier52

I have recently (2 weeks ago) increased my dosage of metformin from 500mg 2x day to 1000mg 2x day and since then I have been feeling tired. Anyone has experienced this while on metformin?

I take 500mg twice daily in an effort to lower hematocrit. I have feel more tired and have less energy. This is a know side effect.

CoastWatcher

I take 500mg twice daily in an effort to lower hematocrit. I have feel more tired and have less energy. This is a know side effect.
Your three posts in this thread since January all reference your fatigue. Have the adjustments you discussed impacted that at all, or are you still working to solve that problem?

Hoosier52

Your three posts in this thread since January all reference your fatigue. Have the adjustments you discussed impacted that at all, or are you still working to solve that problem?

Having blood work done for Defy this week. Will see where the hematocrit is at and then decide if I should continue it or not after consult.

If the Metformin is working, maybe the tired feeling could be from lowered hematocrit??? I have lived at a mile high for 34 yrs. so my hemtocrit is at the top end of the range. Doesn't bother me or my PCP, but Defy doesn't like it.

IM not sure that high altitude comes in to the mix whereas maybe it should, I grew up in Vegas til I 13 and wondered if some of my HCT/RBC was a natural variation for living at altitude, not Denver altitude, but still. I did some follow-on training at the now closed Lowry AFB in 1991 and I didn't have nearly the kind of altitude problems that my peers did. Sure it was different but within a day or two I was feeling fine where others were still winded very easily.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Metformin has helped me tremendously with my IBS symptoms. My GI doctor does not believe me, though.

I no longer get bloated after meals and my GI is stable. Lost around .5 inch of waist and 10 pounds not eating less. However, due to Metformin's lowering effect on IGF-1, my pump at the gym is not as good. I also inject B-12 three times per week since it lowers B-12 absorption. There is some talk that Metformin should be taken with citrulline since it may lower it (which may explain my less intense "pump"). I started citrulline with Metformin yesterday, so let's see.

Metformin Treatment Shown to Effect Citrulline Levels

Hoosier52

IM not sure that high altitude comes in to the mix whereas maybe it should, I grew up in Vegas til I 13 and wondered if some of my HCT/RBC was a natural variation for living at altitude, not Denver altitude, but still. I did some follow-on training at the now closed Lowry AFB in 1991 and I didn't have nearly the kind of altitude problems that my peers did. Sure it was different but within a day or two I was feeling fine where others were still winded very easily.

Dr. Saya did say that the high altitude plays a role in increased HCT. That's one reason why he has cut me some slack on blood donations.

HealthMan

Metformin has helped me tremendously with my IBS symptoms. My GI doctor does not believe me, though.

I no longer get bloated after meals and my GI is stable. Lost around .5 inch of waist and 10 pounds not eating less. However, due to Metformin's lowering effect on IGF-1, my pump at the gym is not as good. I also inject B-12 three times per week since it lowers B-12 absorption. There is some talk that Metformin should be taken with citrulline since it may lower it (which may explain my less intense "pump"). I started citrulline with Metformin yesterday, so let's see.

Metformin Treatment Shown to Effect Citrulline Levels

I used to take 5g l-arginine + 1.5g l-citrulline in the morning on an empty stomach and my IGF-1 was above lab ref range

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me