Acne on TRT. Does it get better?

Buy Lab Tests Online

question

Hi guys, I have a question :D
I've been 2 months into proper dosed TRT now.
I inject every other day with 0.15ml of 250mg/test e per week. Total weekly dose is about 130mg of testosterone enanthate.

Last week I started to get some acne on my chest, back and face. This is a bummer since I did have mild acne on my face before TRT. I took a cream during almost 3 months now which made me pretty much acnefree. I am patient with the acne on my chest and back but I really can't stand the acne on my face.

My dosage is fairly normal and it's spread out evenly during the week so my estrogen should be in check.

My question for you is, does the acne get better eventually if I just continue with my current routine? Like does it ''stabilize''? What are your experiences? Or should I start looking for more heavier stuff than my prescription-cream, e.g accutane?

Thanks, Question :rolleyes:

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Htx52086

I started to run into acne problems as well when I first started out and it can get really frustrating. I tried prescription creams/prescription pills (Doxycycline) and neither worked well for me.

Believe it or not the only 2 things that have worked and worked incredibly well for me are over the counter products:

Benzoyl Peroxide 10% - Use it at the start all over if you really have it bad, but don't use it this way for more than 2 weeks. For me it started to really dry out my skin and it turned rubbery and purple...but it 100% helped with clearing the acne. After you get it somewhat under control use it only as spot treatment (what it is meant for I think) This stuff is strong and works wonders. Night and day difference from the 2 different prescription creams I was prescribed (and cheaper too)

Salicylic Acid 2%+ Body Wash: This stuff is great. Start off showering 2-3 times per day using this stuff all over. It doesn't start working as quick as the Benzoyl Peroxide but after about 2 weeks you will notice a HUGE difference and will hardly have to use the Benzoyl except for spot treatment.

You will read 1,000 different things and methods/products and your Dr. will also most likely tell you different things as well. Everyone is different and maybe this is just the magic formula for me, but I can say that 100% this stuff worked wonders for me when everything else did next to nothing....and I tried almost EVERYTHING including all kinds of prescription stuff lol.

Hope this helps you out, I was in the same boat as you with acne all over me for months and months....now my skin is the clearest it's ever been with these 2 cheap/easy to get products.

Good luck!

CoastWatcher

It can get better. I use Nizoral 2% shampoo as a body watch. As noted above, you'll ge a number of answers from a number of people. We are all different in how we respond. Good luck.

Hi guys, I have a question :D
I've been 2 months into proper dosed TRT now.
I inject every other day with 0.15ml of 250mg/test e per week. Total weekly dose is about 130mg of testosterone enanthate.

Last week I started to get some acne on my chest, back and face. This is a bummer since I did have mild acne on my face before TRT. I took a cream during almost 3 months now which made me pretty much acnefree. I am patient with the acne on my chest and back but I really can't stand the acne on my face.

My dosage is fairly normal and it's spread out evenly during the week so my estrogen should be in check.

My question for you is, does the acne get better eventually if I just continue with my current routine? Like does it ''stabilize''? What are your experiences? Or should I start looking for more heavier stuff than my prescription-cream, e.g accutane?

Thanks, Question :rolleyes:

That sentence I bolded doesn't mean diddly squat, especially "Should be in check"...only that you, apparently, don't have a test(s) to post and refer back to. If you're not testing Sensitive/Ultra-Sensitive E2, that's a mistake. The standard E2 test is also a mistake and useless for men.

A lot of my problem acne is rooted in my Estrogen, I had to go back on .15mg 2XW and I've cleared considerably and new acne is far less severe, but still there, if I don't religously cleanse 2XD with all the usual OTC products...Nizoral, sal acid, benz peroxide. With Sal Acid and Niz try to wash thouroughly and LEAVE THEM on for 5 minutes before rinsing.
But seriously look at your E2 reads.

CoastWatcher

That sentence I bolded doesn't mean diddly squat, especially "Should be in check"...only that you, apparently, don't have a test(s) to post and refer back to. If you're not testing Sensitive/Ultra-Sensitive E2, that's a mistake. The standard E2 test is also a mistake and useless for men.

A lot of my problem acne is rooted in my Estrogen, I had to go back on .15mg 2XW and I've cleared considerably and new acne is far less severe, but still there, if I don't religously cleanse 2XD with all the usual OTC products...Nizoral, sal acid, benz peroxide. With Sal Acid and Niz try to wash thouroughly and LEAVE THEM on for 5 minutes before rinsing.
But seriously look at your E2 reads.

Vince Carter makes a solid point, and one I had missed when I initially read this. A dose that is "fairly normal" for you may be overwhelming for someone else...or the other way around.

I've noticed I get acne on my scalp a day after my injection. I still get it on my back a little tiny bit, but it's not as bad as when I first started. I often also get one pimple on my face after my injection (usually by my nose or chin), which I would never frequently get before TRT. Lucky for me it's not as bad, but now that I hear people mention the Nizoral 2% shampoo & body wash, I may get some of that to see if it helps with the scalp and body acne.

Most low grade TRT acne is fine for OTC stuff, it's when you're getting some widespread across the chest, scalp, and especially the back and shoulders, that you have to look to where you're hormones are sitting, acne being on the key markers for elevated E. I can guarantee that slathering up twice a day in all these chems and cleansers and scrubbing with a loofa aren't much help if E2 (and/or DHT) are innappropriately elevated. Im still having a bit of a problem in the acne arena.

bluerage

I think the answer is no. I've been on for about 2 years and still get acne. It's quite embarrassing considering most of us are into our 40's and beyond. Until you find the cause of it I don't think it goes away. It's either something you put up with or manage.

James

I had terrible acne on my chest and back after taking 160mg in 1 shot per week . Deep dark purple acne that hurt just looking at it. I stopped testosterone for several months (due to not properly managing my E2) and the acne completely went away. I started back on a much smaller dose (120mg is truely a much smaller dose) and although I've had some, the acne isn't near as bad. No special soaps or anything worked for me. I got off testosterone, and the acne went away.

James

acne being on the key markers for elevated E. I can guarantee that slathering up twice a day in all these chems and cleansers and scrubbing with a loofa aren't much help if E2 (and/or DHT) are innappropriately elevated.

That explains my experience. Couldn't agree more.

I had terrible acne on my chest and back after taking 160mg in 1 shot per week . Deep dark purple acne that hurt just looking at it. I stopped testosterone for several months (due to not properly managing my E2) and the acne completely went away. I started back on a much smaller dose (120mg is truely a much smaller dose) and although I've had some, the acne isn't near as bad. No special soaps or anything worked for me. I got off testosterone, and the acne went away.

had you had some E2 management and...120mg a week is still too much, at one-time...leads to excess T, leads to aromatization = E...that was your problem.

Fireproof

I'm sure the cause of acne is different for different people. But high e2 levels seem to be a common cause for many.

I know for ME - my acne (I've had back acne since I was a kid) flairs up with high e2. In fact - I have to run at lower e2 levels to keep it manageable. Sensitive e2 range at Labcorp is 8-35. I've read on here that many men feel great at the higher end of that range. But for ME - I get bloating and acne near the upper end. I'm currently sitting at 16-18 and acne is not an issue. Few pimples here and there, but manageable.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale