Hitting a vein in delt

Buy Lab Tests Online
So, I took my normal injections this past Friday and I think I hit a vein while injecting into my right delt. I'm using 1/2" 28g insulin needles, but as I was finishing I noticed the needle had come out just as I was finishing the injection. All of a sudden I started sweating really bad, having a ton of shortness of breath, coughing uncontrollably, and pretty much felt like my life flashed before my eyes. Holy crap was that the worst 10 mins of my life!!! I've noticed during previous injections that the needle seems to come out at times and it's also more sensitive when I first insert the needle, but only on my right delt. When I pin my left delt, I've never had this issue.

Has this ever happened to anyone else while injecting Testosterone? I wouldn't think this would happen on my delt, but man.....it was horrible!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
A lot of us find spots that just don't work for one reason or another, it's a personal thing. Perhaps upper outer thigh could better serve you.

What's aspirate have to do with anything? You're already in a vein or what have you. So you pull it out, and stick yourself again? Aspirating is totally unnecessary and of no use. How could you possibly be IN a vein or artery? More likely you hit a nerve or just a sensitive spot.

What's aspirate have to do with anything? You're already in a vein or what have you. So you pull it out, and stick yourself again? Aspirating is totally unnecessary and of no use. How could you possibly be IN a vein or artery? More likely you hit a nerve or just a sensitive spot.

I'm assuming I injected into a vein or something because of the reaction I immediately got literally seconds after the injection. I would assume a sensitive spot or nerve wouldn't cause that reaction, but I could be wrong. This is why I decided to post this to see if someone could provide more details if this is possible in the delt. I'm pretty sure I'll just stick to my left delt from now on and possibly my quad since I never had that happen there either.

ERO

Yes, you hit a vein based upon your reaction. Its not dangerous but truly feels like sh*t for a while, no question.

PAUL-E

Sometimes you might not know your in a vein. I went threw a vein once and didn't even know it until I pulled the needle out, it was a gusher.

Last edited:
thru a vein yes, but it was said as "in" a vein, which prompted the reply. I did quads for a while more center/outer and always got a twinch there, had problems in my belly with TCyp, you truly do have to find where your spot is going to be. It may not be delts for you.

Superman

i hit something in my delt the 2nd time i tried injecting there. it swelled up instantly. literally looked like there was a marble under my skin. went away in a couple of days

Vince

Super Moderator
I'm assuming I injected into a vein or something because of the reaction I immediately got literally seconds after the injection. I would assume a sensitive spot or nerve wouldn't cause that reaction, but I could be wrong. This is why I decided to post this to see if someone could provide more details if this is possible in the delt. I'm pretty sure I'll just stick to my left delt from now on and possibly my quad since I never had that happen there either.

Yes you injected into a vein, the oil pooled in your lung. And caused that reaction.

So, I took my normal injections this past Friday and I think I hit a vein while injecting into my right delt. I'm using 1/2" 28g insulin needles, but as I was finishing I noticed the needle had come out just as I was finishing the injection.

Recheck your injection location. About one inch (two fingers width) straight down from the acromian (the boney point on your shoulder) is right in the meat of your deltoid. If you go too far down your arm, you risk hitting the radial nerve, or the deep brachial artery (though, unlikely with a 1/2" needle).

For me, the easiest place to give myself a test injection is in the quad (vastus lateralis). I have the use of both hands, I can see exactly what I'm doing, and I can sit down, prop my leg up, relax, and inject without any problems.

Last edited:

busa2009

So, I took my normal injections this past Friday and I think I hit a vein while injecting into my right delt. I'm using 1/2" 28g insulin needles, but as I was finishing I noticed the needle had come out just as I was finishing the injection. All of a sudden I started sweating really bad, having a ton of shortness of breath, coughing uncontrollably, and pretty much felt like my life flashed before my eyes. Holy crap was that the worst 10 mins of my life!!! I've noticed during previous injections that the needle seems to come out at times and it's also more sensitive when I first insert the needle, but only on my right delt. When I pin my left delt, I've never had this issue.

Has this ever happened to anyone else while injecting Testosterone? I wouldn't think this would happen on my delt, but man.....it was horrible!

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Sorry to hear you guys are having problems with injecting on delts with a 1/2 inch 27 gauge. I must be lucky.

You can always inject subcutaneously by belly button or on glutes with the same needle size.

Vince

Super Moderator
Sorry to hear you guys are having problems with injecting on delts with a 1/2 inch 27 gauge. I must be lucky.

You can always inject subcutaneously by belly button or on glutes with the same needle size.
Nelson, before I started TRT, I watch your YouTube video (many times) on injecting in your shoulders. It made it so easy for me to inject, for me it was god sent. :) I still feel the same way, I still use your protocol. I inject in my shoulders and I do not aspirate, plus I've never injected into a vein.

There is no need to do this, and I certainly wouldn't try it. Pinning test into the pectoral muscle would be kind of risky, IMHO. Too vascular...pulmonary veins, arteries, capillaries...no thank you.

The vastus lateralis, deltoid, dorso glute, and ventral glute are much better, and safer options.

Thanks, Nelson, but I obviously must have done something wrong. I don't blame the method at all. Like I mentioned, I never get this on my left delt. That's where I pinned on Monday night, as a matter of fact, and didn't run into this issue. I have noticed pinning my right delt causes more sensitivity and even like I'm not pinning the right spot because I feel some resistance. Not only that, but the needle tends to push out some as I'm injecting. It could be that I'm right-handed and applying more pressure while pinning my left delt compared to when pinning my right.

Anyhow, this was the only time this has happened to me and I can almost bet it was because of the depth of the needle towards the end of the injection. When looking at the needle towards the end of my injection, I did notice it was about 3/16" or so out (I wasn't measuring). I'm 99.9% sure that's what it was, but didn't realize that could also happen on my delt. I chalk this one off to user error/bad location on my part, not the method itself. Pinning delts is a hell of a lot easier for me then quads or glutes.....and I definitely wouldn't try pinning pecs (even if I had pecs like yours).

There is no need to do this, and I certainly wouldn't try it. Pinning test into the pectoral muscle would be kind of risky, IMHO. Too vascular...pulmonary veins, arteries, capillaries...no thank you.

The vastus lateralis, deltoid, dorso glute, and ventral glute are much better, and safer options.

Yeah, the whole time I watched that video I was closing my eyes thinking something was going to go wrong. Definitely don't think that's a good spot. Atleast not for me. Others may feel differently, though. It's what works for each person, so to each his own.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me