Why Does HCG Work Better in Some Men than in Others?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
In my non-validated opinion, hCG may not elicit as great of a raise in hydrohyprogesterone, intratesticular (inside the testicle) testosterone, DHT and estradiol in some men compared to better responders (response in increased sperm, testicular volume and sex drive). In particular, hydroxygesterone (an upstream hormone) and intratesticular testosterone are decreased by TRT but increased by HCG. Is the degree of this increase what explains why some men respond better than others to HCG? No one knows.

Is there a direct effect on dopamine by a LH mimicker like HCG? Is there an effect on LH receptors in the brain? So many questions unanswered about HCG's libido and mood enhancing abilities reported anecdotally but not explored in a single study (most just look at sperm production or stimulation tests).

Two studies:

Rapid and slow response of human testicular steroidogenesis to hCG by measurements of steroids in spermatic and peripheral vein blood

"The effects of human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) on testicular steroid secretion were studied in men during operation upon inguinal hernia. To investigate the rapid testicular response, we drew blood samples from peripheral and spermatic veins at the beginning of the operation, then gave an intramuscular injection of 5000 I.U. of hCG, and took another set of blood samples 30 min after injection. The slow testicular response to hCG was evaluated by taking samples from spermatic and phcripheral veins 4 days following hCG administration. The operation alone led to a significant decrease in spermatic vein levels of pregnenolone, progesterone, 17-hydroxyprogesterone, androstenedione and testosterone in 30 min. Testicular steroidogenesis responded rapidly to hCG stimulation, which was reflected in elevated spermatic vein levels of pregnenolone, progesterone, 17-hydroxyprogesterone, androstenedione, testosterone and 5α-dihydrotestosterone at 30 min following hCG. In peripheral vein, the concentrations of pregnenolone, progesterone and 17-hydroxyprogesterone were significantly elevated at the same time. Four days following hCG administration, the peripheral serum concentrations of 17-hydroxyprogesteone. testosterone, 5α-dihydrotestosterone and estradiol were significantly increased. In spermatic vein, the steroids released after 4 days suggested a preferential release of C19 steroids and estradiol. Our results directly demonstrate that the human testis is able to respond rapidly to hCG stimulation. The first effect of hCG might be general facilitation of C21 and C19 steroid release to the circulation. Four days after hCG stimulation, the secretion of C19steroids (including testosterone) and estradiol seems to be preferred, with a relative decrease in the release of C21 steroids."

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0022473182901789

Serum 17-hydroxyprogesterone strongly correlates with intratesticular testosterone in gonadotropin-suppressed normal men receiving various dosages of human chorionic gonadotropin

Objective

To determine if serum concentrations of testosterone precursors would correlate with intratesticular testosterone (ITT) concentration measured directly by testicular aspiration and allow for a less invasive means of inferring ITT.

Design

Controlled clinical study.
Setting

Healthy volunteers in an academic research environment.

Patient(s)

Twenty-nine normal men.

Intervention(s)

We determined ITT concentration by testicular aspiration before and after treatment in men receiving exogenous T to block endogenous gonadotropin production and randomly assigned to one of four doses of hCG (0, 125 IU, 250 IU, or 500 IU every other day) for 3 weeks.

Main Outcome Measure(s)

The association between serum 17-hydroxyprogesterone (17OH-P), androstenedione, and DHEA and ITT.

Result(s)

With T administration alone, serum 17OH-P decreased significantly and increased significantly when 500 IU hCG was administered. End-of-treatment ITT strongly correlated with serum 17OH-P. Moreover, serum 17OH-P, but not androstenedione or DHEA, was independently associated with end-of-treatment ITT by multivariate linear regression.

Conclusion(s)

Serum 17OH-P is highly correlated with ITT in gonadotropin-suppressed normal men receiving T and stimulated with hCG. Serum 17OH-P is a surrogate biomarker of ITT and may be useful in research and in men receiving gonadotropin therapy for infertility.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0015028207005298

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
This has been an area of interest to me personally with the reported libido and sense of well-being others report, yet I have not experienced with HCG of any dose and frequency.

CoastWatcher

HCG is a part of my protocol, but like Vince Carter and ERO I use it because it is appropriate. I feel nothing as a result of it (though the rest of my protocol is highly successful). I appreciate the post, Nelson.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I have a new hypothesis: Does taking pregnenolone help to accentuate HCG's effects?

One further speculation: Does taking pregnenolone with TRT minimize the shut down effect on Leydig cells and prevent testicular atrophy?

If keeping healthy hydroxy-progesterone levels is key, then this could be reasonable.

I need some science nerds to jump on this.

hcg effect in hormonal pathway.jpg

Smokey

Any other guys experience erectile dys function on hcg? I use 500iu mwf Test cup 200 IM 1xwk and .5 arimidex mon and Thur. I have tried every dose from subq twice weekly of test, etc and the only thing that brings back the erections is stopping the hcg......but then after several weeks I start feeling bad without hcg.....just curious if others have same issue with hcg. Thanks

JPB

Any other guys experience erectile dys function on hcg? I use 500iu mwf Test cup 200 IM 1xwk and .5 arimidex mon and Thur. I have tried every dose from subq twice weekly of test, etc and the only thing that brings back the erections is stopping the hcg......but then after several weeks I start feeling bad without hcg.....just curious if others have same issue with hcg. Thanks

When I was on TRT my sexual function went from bad to worse with hcg

ERO

I am one of the guys that cannot tell any difference with or without HCG. If my HCG bottle contained just saline water unbeknownst to me, I would never be able to tell. That said, I do use HCG to back-fill hormonal pathways.

Smokey

When I was on TRT my sexual function went from bad to worse with hcg

Did you successfully get off of TRT? I am so frustrated I may try that::) Either my joints/body hurt and I feel like a 90 year old when trying any amount of arimidex or I my face is disfigured from HCG or I only feel good for a little while taking only test......

KeyserSöze

Thanks a ton for the post, Nelson...

Add me to the list of folks that can't feel if HCG is providing any benefit. The only reason that I am using it (other than the fact that it was RXd as part of my protocol) is to prevent testicular atrophy. I have no desire/need to maintain fertility, so I would like to see/hear the opinions on this:

If using HCG solely to prevent testicular atrophy associated with a TRT protocol, what kind of HCG dosage/timing regime is recommended and/or proven to be effective?

Weasel

I feel HCG for about 2 weeks when i start it and then libido and ability diminish. Quit HCG and about a week later, i start feeling great again, but that also wanes after a couple weeks.

I believe this to happen because of HCG anyways.

I've wondered if since im now using DHEA/Preg if i even need HCG anymore.

Of note and needs to be said, HCG spurs aromatization in the testes which could account for some ED and libido problems or why some of us report being better in those areas, without HCG. That aromatization is tougher to control in the testes environment, an AI is less effective there. Ive recently cut from 250 to 200 to see if I can feel anything E related as I feel a little to high even using .15mg Anastrozole 2XW.
Of note too I've been done to 100iu 2XW but can't report anything pos or neg about that, that I recall.

Vince

Super Moderator
I really like the feel, I get from injecting 500mg of HCG. It really stimulates my libido, it also makes my girlfriend really happy. :rolleyes: But it does sound like some cannot tolerate that high of dose.

Smokey

I really like the feel, I get from injecting 500mg of HCG. It really stimulates my libido, it also makes my girlfriend really happy. :rolleyes: But it does sound like some cannot tolerate that high of dose.

Vince, what is your zinc protocol. Would like to try since your estrogen is in tact without AI.....Have you always used the zinc protocol to control estrogen? or was it under control before taking zinc?

Vince

Super Moderator
Vince, what is your zinc protocol. Would like to try since your estrogen is in tact without AI.....Have you always used the zinc protocol to control estrogen? or was it under control before taking zinc?

Before I started TRT, I was using Jarrow Zinc balance, I take "1" twice a day and I still do. I never had a problem with estrogen, unless I use high levels of DHEA.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me