Weight-loss and MCT oil

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vince

Super Moderator
Weight-loss diet that includes consumption of medium-chain triacylglycerol oil leads to a greater rate of weight and fat mass loss than does olive oil.
College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University and New York Obesity Research Center, St Luke's/Roosevelt Hospital, New York, NY 10025, USA. [email protected]
BACKGROUND: Clinical studies have shown that consumption of medium-chain triacylglycerols (MCTs) leads to greater energy expenditure than does consumption of long-chain triacylglycerols. Such studies suggest that MCT consumption may be useful for weight management.

OBJECTIVE: We aimed to determine whether consumption of MCT oil improves body weight and fat loss compared with olive oil when consumed as part of a weight-loss program.

DESIGN: Forty-nine overweight men and women, aged 19-50 y, consumed either 18-24 g/d of MCT oil or olive oil as part of a weight-loss program for 16 wk. Subjects received weekly group weight-loss counseling. Body weight and waist circumference were measured weekly. Adipose tissue distribution was assessed at baseline and at the endpoint by use of dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry and computed tomography.

RESULTS: Thirty-one subjects completed the study (body mass index: 29.8 +/- 0.4, in kg/m(2)). MCT oil consumption resulted in lower endpoint body weight than did olive oil (-1.67 +/- 0.67 kg, unadjusted P = 0.013). There was a trend toward greater loss of fat mass (P = 0.071) and trunk fat mass (P = 0.10) with MCT consumption than with olive oil. Endpoint trunk fat mass, total fat mass, and intraabdominal adipose tissue were all lower with MCT consumption than with olive oil consumption (all unadjusted P values < 0.05).

CONCLUSIONS: Consumption of MCT oil as part of a weight-loss plan improves weight loss compared with olive oil and can thus be successfully included in a weight-loss diet. Small changes in the quality of fat intake can therefore be useful to enhance weight loss.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?...l.Pubmed_DiscoveryPanel.Pubmed_RVAbstractPlus

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
6 Health Benefits of MCT Oil — Is It Better than Coconut Oil?MCTs” are medium-chain triglycerides, a form of saturated fatty acid that has numerous health benefits, ranging from improved cognitive function to better weight management.Coconut oil is one great source of MCTs — roughly 62&#8211;65 percent of the fatty acids in coconut oil are MCTs — but recently more concentrated “MCT oils” have also been growing in popularity.
MCTs, also called “MCFAs” for medium-chain fatty acids, are believed to be largely missing from the diets of people eating “standard Western” diets, most likely because the public has been led to believe that all forms of saturated fats are potentially harmful. However, recently research has shown a lot of evidence about the real truth regarding saturated fats.
We now know that ideally MCT oils like coconut oil should actually be consumed every day. Certain saturated fats, especially MCTs and other healthy fats found in things like coconut oil or grass-fed beef, are in fact easier to digest than long-chain triglycerides (LCTs) and might even have more benefits related to heart health, obesity prevention and brain health, too.
In fact, traditional populations living in tropical areas have been consuming saturated fats, including sources of MCTs like coconuts, for thousands of years without any ill effects — so consider the idea that a low-fat diet is “healthy” to be one of thebiggest nutrition lies there ever was!.
Aside from coconut oil, smaller amounts of MCTs can also be found in certain other foods with saturated fats including butter (especially butter from grass-fed cows), cheeses, palm oil, whole milk and full-fat yogurt.

What Makes MCT Oils So Special?

MCTs get their name because of the length of their chemical structure. All types of fatty acids are made up of strings of carbons connected hydrogen. Fats are categorized by how many carbons they have: short-chain fats (like butyric acid) have fewer than six carbons, medium-chain fats have between 6&#8211;12 carbons, and long-chain fats (like omega-3s) have between 13&#8211;21.
What makes MCTs a top source of essential healthy fats? Medium-chain fats are digested easily and sent directly to your liver, where they have a thermogenic effect and the ability to positively alter your metabolism. This is one reason why many people claim that MCTs, including coconut oil, are burned by the body for energy, or “fuel,” instead of being stored as fat.
Compared to longer-chain fats, MCTs are absorbed more easily since there's less work for the body to do breaking apart carbon bonds. MCTs are smaller, so they can permeate our cell membranes more easily and don't require that we use special enzymes in order for our bodies to utilize them.
MCTs and saturated fats are good for you in other ways, too: They reduce the risks of low-fat diets, and they're supportive of your gut environment, especially since they have the capability to combat harmful bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites. Additionally, MCTs contain antioxidant properties, which is why coconut oil has far-reaching inflammatory benefits that have led it to be used to treat dozens of health problems in folk medicine for centuries.
Medium-chain fatty acids are capable of helping you:
Maintain a healthy weight — since they both make you feel full
Specifically reduce stored body fat — since they also raise your metabolic function
Have more energy
Think more clearly
Experience better digestion
Balance hormone levels
Improve your mood
Fight bacterial infection and viruses
Absorb fat-soluble nutrients from various foods

http://draxe.com/mct-oil/

maxadvance

I've tried it when I was carb free, takes a little getting used to for the stomach. I also had it as an injectable carrier oil, and that sucked big time, 2 shots and 2 itchy red rashes down half the leg for a week. Never again.

Vince

Super Moderator
I been watching a lot of Mark Hyman youtube videos. About eating fat and losing weight. Doctors always ask me, if I eat very low fat because my lipid panel is so good and I tell them I eat all fat. They always think I'm B.S.ing.

Vince

Super Moderator
8 Best Fats for Weight Loss
“I'll have the garden salad with fat-free dressing,” my friend Kelly told the waiter. Then she turned to me for approval: “No fat! You are what you eat, right?”
Wrong, I told her. You are not what you eat—although many of us still give up our favorite foods, thinking, “If I eat fat, I'll get fat.”
Well, here's your new mantra: Eat fat to lose fat.
https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/8-best-fats-for-weight-loss-108854109883.html

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching