Blood Creatinine and GFR Tests???

Buy Lab Tests Online

jth0524

Has anyone had these tests performed over the course of time while on a trt protocol? They measure kidney function. Has anyone ever had these tests done, and have you noticed an increase in the result values over time?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Yes I have them every 6 months, they are both good. My creatinine will increase a lot if I use creatine, the summary cannot separate the two.

Loki

Vince, what are they if you don't mind me asking? My GFR was 69. I'm 36 and a little concerned at that number.

Mine has been as low as 59 and as high as 67... It is a formula with a few different variables and I my understanding is that it can under estimate healthy individuals when the score is still over 60... My Creatinine is as high as 1.5 and that is driven a lot by muscle mass and the breakdown after working out. I think this is turn impacts the eGFR... The doctor will also look at other results in combination. Of course talk to your doctor but none of mine have ever been concerned...

Loki

Some tips I have found to improve those numbers are stay very hydrated the night and morning of your blood draw. And also skipping the gym a couple days prior to the blood draw as well... And as a reference I have never had my Creatinine below 1.25 ever... I know many do but I haven't and it has never raised a flag....

Vince

Super Moderator
Creatinine, Serum 1.03 mg/dL 0.76 - 1.27
eGFR If NonAfricn Am 78 mL/min/1.73 >59
When you lift weights it raises your Creatinine levels, because you are breaking down muscles and growing them.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Creatine and protein supplements, exercising, higher body mass index, dehydration, medication side effects and high blood pressure can increase creatinine and decrease creatinine clearance.

Only dehydration, medication side effects and high blood pressure should be of concerned.

There is an animal study that showed that testosterone can also increase creatinine but I have not seen human data on the subject.

Can Testosterone Replacement Affect Kidneys?

Loki

Creatine and protein supplements, exercising, higher body mass index, dehydration, medication side effects and high blood pressure can increase creatinine and decrease creatinine clearance.

Only dehydration, medication side effects and high blood pressure should be of concerned.

There is an animal study that showed that testosterone can also increase creatinine but I have not seen human data on the subject.

Can Testosterone Replacement Affect Kidneys?

I'm part gorilla so that explains a lot :)....

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me