Low T & Opiates

Buy Lab Tests Online

Tod

Wow that has me alittle scared as i am on oxicodone 7.5 for back pain 3 times a day. I don't take but 1 and a half a day except on weekends when im doing yard work i will take 3 or so but always have some left over at the end of the month. Been on oxicodone for about 4 months but was on hydrocodone 10s for about a year. Im really thinking of walking away from this and just deal with the back pain. I know some people rhat go through the withdrawls and it scares the hell out of me.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nutpuncher

Wow that has me alittle scared as i am on oxicodone 7.5 for back pain 3 times a day. I don't take but 1 and a half a day except on weekends when im doing yard work i will take 3 or so but always have some left over at the end of the month. Been on oxicodone for about 4 months but was on hydrocodone 10s for about a year. Im really thinking of walking away from this and just deal with the back pain. I know some people rhat go through the withdrawls and it scares the hell out of me.

Withdrawls and getting off addictive RX are one of the worst experience of my life, but the struggle made me who I am today.

If I were you, I'd take to your doc about getting off opiates if that's what you want to do. I was mentally and physically addicted. You may only be physically as you don't take more than prescribed. Your doc will taper you off. Take your time getting off. Get your testosterone checked and if low, start TRT.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions. Great group of folks here that will support you!!!

Tod

Withdrawls and getting off addictive RX are one of the worst experience of my life, but the struggle made me who I am today.

If I were you, I'd take to your doc about getting off opiates if that's what you want to do. I was mentally and physically addicted. You may only be physically as you don't take more than prescribed. Your doc will taper you off. Take your time getting off. Get your testosterone checked and if low, start TRT.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions. Great group of folks here that will support you!!!

Thanks Nutpuncher i will say i do get cravings. I hate that but know i can beat it. I am on androgel 1.62 and went from 348 to 850 in a month ive been on it for 5 months now and a few weeks ago i was at 225 and today at 99. I don't understand how i could shoot up then start coming down like that. Any suggestions.

Tom Larabee

Tod - For a lot of guys the transdermal T works and then the skin starts not allowing as much through ( I don't think a study has been done as to why but if you read the posts here you will see it is a very common effect,) requiring more to be used until you make the decision to use injectables. I am sure you will come to the same decisions as a lot of other guys have and go the injectable route.

Sean Mosher

I currently am on a TRT program with PrimeBody through a pain management doctor.
He's seen firsthand the problems with long-term/chronic use of opiates on hormone levels.
He weans people off opiates slowly through various methods and the use of suboxone.
I would highly recommend you look into getting weaned off by a professional.

Vince

Super Moderator
I currently am on a TRT program with PrimeBody through a pain management doctor.
He's seen firsthand the problems with long-term/chronic use of opiates on hormone levels.
He weans people off opiates slowly through various methods and the use of suboxone.
I would highly recommend you look into getting weaned off by a professional.

Some Suboxone doctors, appear to be just drug dealers. You must pay cash, they won't take insurance. They're dealing with addicts and that's how they treat them. Most of their Suboxone patients will just return to using. I know there are some good sub doctors out there, but I think they just burned out.

Nutpuncher

Hey thanks you guys. Your info is very helpful. I will be doing both thanks again

The one and only factor that "allowed" me to get clean was the fact that I wanted it for myself. Until you are ready, nothing will help.

Talk to your doctor and if needed get on suboxone or subzolve or other similar medicine, but NOT methadone. The good thing about suboxone is that it will prevent you from withdrawal symptoms and will provide some pain relief while feeling sober. It doesn't prevent cravings though, but cravings will reduce after a while (some may take longer than others).

Like I said before, great group of dudes here that are willing to help and support you (even though we are all strangers).

Helboi

I believe that long term opiate therapy (7+ years for chronic pain, mostly hydrocodone but also every other opiate you can imagine trying to find something that worked) played a big role in my hypogonadism. There are a few other important factors, but I believe that was a big part of it. Been completely off them now for 2 years or so. Controlling pain with cannabis mostly, and now TRT which has also improved pain control.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Patients using medical marijuana to control chronic pain reported a 64 percent reduction in their use of more traditional prescription pain medications known as opioids, a University of Michigan study finds.
The 185 patients from a medical marijuana dispensary in Ann Arbor also reported fewer side effects from their medications and a 45-percent improvement in quality of life since using cannabis to manage pain.
Researchers from the U-M School of Public Health and Medical School said their results suggest that for some people, medical marijuana may be an alternative to more common prescription painkillers at a time when national health leaders are asking the medical community to cut back on prescribing drugs like Vicodin and OxyContin.

Medical Marijuana Reduces Use of Opioid Pain Meds, Says Study

Vince

Super Moderator
Patients using medical marijuana to control chronic pain reported a 64 percent reduction in their use of more traditional prescription pain medications known as opioids, a University of Michigan study finds.
The 185 patients from a medical marijuana dispensary in Ann Arbor also reported fewer side effects from their medications and a 45-percent improvement in quality of life since using cannabis to manage pain.
Researchers from the U-M School of Public Health and Medical School said their results suggest that for some people, medical marijuana may be an alternative to more common prescription painkillers at a time when national health leaders are asking the medical community to cut back on prescribing drugs like Vicodin and OxyContin.

I also have heard this from recovering heroin addicts.

Helboi

This is absolutely true, in my experience. Cannabis and opiates work synergistically together for nerve pain. So most patients can significantly reduce their opiate use and still get adequate pain control (I was able to cut mine in half almost immediately upon starting cannabis, and eventually stop them entirely).

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me