BPH and testosterone

Buy Lab Tests Online

Kaes

Anyone have experience with BPH while on test? If so, did you find that gels exacerbated the prostate mores than injections? And, if so, how did you manage? I had some "swelling" marked by slow urination and some slight discomfort. It has passed, but I want to educate myself moving forward. FWIW: I saw my urologist (who is NOT my TRT doc). All is seemingly normal, only slightly enlarged, with PSA at 1.1.
Thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

How old are you? Have you and your urologist considered tamsulosin to treat the symptoms of BPH? The latter is not a contraindication in regard to the former. There is plenty of evidence, peer-reviewed articles available here on the Forum (which so many doctors demand) that TRT is beneficial for lower urinary symptoms.

Kaes

Oh! It's Flomax. Interesting. I always thought Flomax had sexual side effects. Perhaps I'm thinking of Finasteride. I'll look into it. Again, thanks.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I would get a prostate/urethra ultrasound. I wish I had done it sooner. I found out that my prostate was fine and that my restricted urine flow was due to calcium deposits in my urethra (prostatitis for years can cause this). I got a green laser procedure and I now pee like a teenager. But something bad also happened: The doctor screwed up by "check valve" that keeps sperm from backing up into my bladder. Now I have retrograde ejaculation.

Yes, I have doctor trust issues for many reasons. Gladly, I am not looking to get anyone pregnant but I miss shooting.

ratbag

I would get a prostate/urethra ultrasound. I wish I had done it sooner. I found out that my prostate was fine and that my restricted urine flow was due to calcium deposits in my urethra (prostatitis for years can cause this). I got a green laser procedure and I now pee like a teenager. But something bad also happened: The doctor screwed up by "check valve" that keeps sperm from backing up into my bladder. Now I have retrograde ejaculation.

Yes, I have doctor trust issues for many reasons. Gladly, I am not looking to get anyone pregnant but I miss shooting.

I too have prostatitis and had it before TRT. Going on TRT made it slightly worse but recently (3 weeks ago) was put on Losartan and that has helped the stream improve immensely. So clearly the mechanism in losartan as I read increases the size of your arteries. I assume it also increased the size of my urethra. Perhaps it's time for an ultrasound.

CoastWatcher

I too have prostatitis and had it before TRT. Going on TRT made it slightly worse but recently (3 weeks ago) was put on Losartan and that has helped the stream improve immensely. So clearly the mechanism in losartan as I read increases the size of your arteries. I assume it also increased the size of my urethra. Perhaps it's time for an ultrasound.
I take it the, seemingly interminable, round of antibiotics prescribed for prostatitis didn't provide any resolution?

ratbag

My mistake... I thought prostatitis meant just having a hard time peeing. But after googling that and BPH I realize I don't have those issues. But I had terrible time trying to pee before TRT. I was hospitalized a few times. They checked my prostate and no swelling, PSA was low and my bladder was empty but I had this terrible urge to pee. Each time I was hospitalised they put me on some painkiller and it disappeared immediately. Then I started trt and didn't have those issues anymore. But with trt I was also taking anastrzole. I know before trt I had very high E2 and think that might have been part of that problem. But now I have a weak stream and feel like I'm blocked or something. I just started Losartan and that has helped. Maybe I have calcium deposits in my urethra like Nelson did.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me