Possible thyroid problems affecting liver function.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Systemlord

As many of you already know I've been having problems with elevated bilirubin levels, yellowing skin, eyes, burning, itching skin which are symptoms of liver problems as I move to protocols that keep my testosterone levels more stable and this seems to be where these symptoms are experienced, an EOD protocol produces the same symptoms, only the severity is much less and almost but not completely resolves after 6 weeks.

An everyday protocol seems to be where these symptoms become so bad that it resembles someone with liver problems, only multiple liver function tests show a healthy liver, low WBC, CBC midrange and clotting factors ideal. A daily protocol up until the point where these symptoms occur, for a time I feel fantastic, never slept better in my life, energy is amazing and I notice after 45 minutes of exhaustive bench pressing and walking 1 hour on the treadmill, my skin is not sweating at all and skin is burning and super dry.

Then days later I become so fatigued I barely have energy to sit upright, then things go from bad to worse and skin turns yellow/eyes and bilirubin levels increase to 2 times the ranges and I feel an impending doom like these are my last moments on earth.

I took a week off TRT and symptoms declined, restarted and skin symptoms slowly returning. I had an allergy test for cottonseed, sesame seed and avocados and to my surprise I'm allergic to none of them. Chronic cough disappeared going from cottonseed to sesame seed, maybe it's the chloral versus the benzyl alcohol or benzyl benzoate I'm allergic to that's in the cottonseed carrier oil.

Since our liver health is linked to our skin health I'm wondering if my liver functioning issues are could be linked to my high Reverse T3, therefore slowing liver function causing liver to get backed up with toxins affecting my skin and causing some sort of autoimmune system response. I've researched thyroid can also affect the skin in many ways and perhaps I have a combination of thyroid/liver issues that are related to my high Reverse T3, which strangely is being withheld from my patient portal.

Previous endo stated Klonopin withdrawal stressed out all gland in the body, previous 30 year Klonopin user since age 14, it's why I'm on TRT. I was perfectly fine, hypersexual and muscle definition was great before tapping off Klonopin.

I wonder if it damaged the thyroid gland as well.

Any comments welcome.

TSH = 1.07
T3 = 95 ng/dL -58 - 159 ng/dL
Free T4 = 1.1 ng/dL - 0.8 - 1.5 ng/dL
Reverse T3 withheld from patient portal, previously 22.4 ng/dL
TPO AB<3.0 IU/mL<=5.5 IU/mL
Previous testing showed Thyroglobulin Antibody = 1.1 - 0.0-0.9 IU/mL High
HCT, AUTO 45.1 %42.0 - 52.0 %
HGB 15.1 g/dL 14.0 - 18.0 g/dL
RBC 5.26 Mill/mcL4.70 - 6.10 Mill/mcL
PLATELETS COUNT 264 x1000/mcL 130 - 400 x1000/mcL
AST = 20 U/L<=34 U/L
ALT 23 U/L<=63 U/L
ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE 91 U/L<=125 U/L
BILIRUBIN, TOTAL 2.0 mg/dL<=1.0 mg/dL High
PT INR =1.0 0.8 - 1.2 ->
25 hour urine cortisol pending...

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Hows your iron and/or ferritin look? I would think though it's a poor sign in isolation but with the rest of your tests I thought I'd see TSH higher. Your RT3 is def up there I think it's what...>16(?) or 20(?) that is a problem indicator and IIRC iron is factor there with RT3

Systemlord

Hows your iron and/or ferritin look? I would think though it's a poor sign in isolation but with the rest of your tests I thought I'd see TSH higher. Your RT3 is def up there I think it's what...>16(?) or 20(?) that is a problem indicator and IIRC iron is factor there with RT3

Previously TSH was .9 and Reverse T3 22.4 and Free T4 was 1.37 ng/dL. There seem to be a connection on protocols and bilirubin levels, 50mg twice weekly, 1.2 mg/dL, 20mg EOD 1.6 mg/dL and 7mg daily 2.0 mg/dL.

I donated blood and 3 days later platelets and symptoms didn't return doing the week I was off TRT when symptoms were on the decline, injected this morning and symptoms started returning within a few hours. Strangely I feel better as these symptoms are building, my energy is increasing, but so to are these skin symptoms.

It's not long before energy is down as symptoms worsen, like the brakes are being applied without my consent.

If I returned to an EOD protocol these symptoms would vanish after 6 weeks, but I feel so darn good on daily. I never feel the ups and downs, it just gets better until the skin problems start up and fatigue sets in. I go to the gym for 2 hours, get ready for work and after work come home and go to bed, after all that I never sweat on a daily protocol.

7mg daily Total T 417, Free T 14.7 and E2 26 after only 3 weeks, I had to check because I though levels were higher and out of control. A 20mg EOD protocol saw E2 at 65 after about 3 weeks which was a mandatory blood test.

Iron and ferritin will still be run anyways.

Last edited:

Systemlord

I believe I found something that explains what happened to me, it seems the more frequently I inject testosterone regardless of my levels, my liver gets backed up with bile or bilirubin and my doctors believe it's either gilbert's syndrome which I doubt as I never had any signs when testosterone was optimal 3 years ago or hypothyroidism do to high RT3.

Thyroid hormones and the hepatic handling of bilirubin. II. Effects of hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism on the apparent maximal biliary secretion of bilirubin in the Wistar rat.
This study was undertaken in the Wistar R/A Pfd rat to investigate the effects of hypothyroidism and of hyperthyroidism on the maximal biliary excretion (Tm) of bilirubin and on the concentration and composition of bilirubin in liver and plasma at the end of a bilirubin load. Hypothyroidism caused a cholestatic condition with a 50% decrease in bile flow and in bilirubin Tm, and with an increased proportion of conjugated bilirubin in liver and plasma. This was associated with an increased ratio of bilirubin diconjugates to monoconjugates in bile, liver, and plasma, which can be ascribed to the increased hepatic conjugation activity towards bilirubin and/or to the prolonged retention of bile pigments in the hepatocytes with increased conversion of monoconjugates to diconjugates. Cholestasis induced by hypothyroidism was further characterized by a decreased biliary output of unconjugated bilirubin. The latter phenomenon might represent an indirect effect related to a decreased output of bilirubin monoconjugates with impaired hydrolysis to unconjugated bilirubin; it might also reflect the cholestatic condition with decreased excretion of the unesterified bile pigment as such. Hyperthyroidism resulted in a 1.3-1.4-fold increase in bile flow. The maximal bilirubin concentration in bile decreased 1.3-1.4-fold, so that the apparent maximal bilirubin excretion rate remained unchanged at 115 nmol.min-1.100 g-1, as observed in untreated rats. Hyperthyroidism lowered the bilirubin UDP-glucuronosyltransferase activity, produced a decreased ratio of bilirubin di- to monoconjugates in bile and plasma, and a decreased ratio of conjugated to total bile pigment concentration in liver and in plasma. Similar findings are present in the heterozygous Gunn rat strain and in patients with hepatic bilirubin UDP-glucuronosyltransferase deficiency. We therefore propose the hyperthyroid rat as an experimental animal model of Gilbert's syndrome.
PMID: 3192925

Last edited:

1Draw

Systemlord have you ever had a full food allergy test done? Your symptoms sound like mine a lot, allergies, cough, aches, high body temperature etc. I've had 3 sinus infections this year so, figured I would visit and ENT allergist and had ALL the necessary test. Found out I'm allergic to garlic, onions, shrimp, lobster, ragweed, dust mites, dogs and cat dander. Started taking the allergy drops at home and looking forward to symptoms improving. You have to avoid the foods you are allergic to for 4 months then you should be go to go. Hard to avoid garlic and onions if you are dining out.

My RT3 has also been high caused by so many infections so, hoping the therapy will eliminate them and get my RT3 back in line. I'm also on 10 mcg Cytomel day. Last RT3 was
26.1 on Nov after being 14.1 in August. Just recently tested and waiting for results of thyroid.

Are you on any T3 meds to get your RT3 down? I think until the allergies are corrected, your thyroid will not function properly and you will not feel well at all.

Systemlord

Systemlord have you ever had a full food allergy test done? Your symptoms sound like mine a lot, allergies, cough, aches, high body temperature etc. I've had 3 sinus infections this year so, figured I would visit and ENT allergist and had ALL the necessary test. Found out I'm allergic to garlic, onions, shrimp, lobster, ragweed, dust mites, dogs and cat dander. Started taking the allergy drops at home and looking forward to symptoms improving. You have to avoid the foods you are allergic to for 4 months then you should be go to go. Hard to avoid garlic and onions if you are dining out.

My RT3 has also been high caused by so many infections so, hoping the therapy will eliminate them and get my RT3 back in line. I'm also on 10 mcg Cytomel day. Last RT3 was
26.1 on Nov after being 14.1 in August. Just recently tested and waiting for results of thyroid.

Are you on any T3 meds to get your RT3 down? I think until the allergies are corrected, your thyroid will not function properly and you will not feel well at all.

I actually got my RT3 down to 17, no none food allergies. I stopped eating for 24 hours to determine if it was something I was ingesting and stopped using soap as well.

Since I went back to an EOD protocol, the itching, red burning dry skin is slowly disappearing. This same thing happened to last time I did an every day protocol and completely subsided after 4-5 weeks after returning to an EOD protocol, rinse and repeat this time as well.

I believe it has something to do with the liver even though liver function tests look perfect, I do have fatty liver if the ultrasound has anything to say about it..

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me