Just started TRT, cautiously optimistic

Buy Lab Tests Online

Tednacious

Hey all,
45yo man and have been lurking this site for about a month since I've decided to do TRT the "right way". I've been using Androforte 5% gel (1ml (50mg) per day) for about a year and a half without ever having had bloods taken. The first couple months seemed to go decently with some improvement on my horrible libido and some muscle gains but for about the last year I've really plateaued in my weight lifting and my libido is back to very low. After reading this site (a bunch!) I decided to go with Defy and so far am thrilled with their service. I was very surprised at how low my Test numbers were while being on the Androforte but am excited to see them improve being on a better protocol. Defy is starting me on 70mg Test Cyp e3.5d, 0.125 Anastrazol e3.5d and 5000iu HCG e3.5d

My labs (Labcorp) while on the Androforte cream:
TT 380 (264-916)
Free test 15.9 (6.8-21.5)
DHEA 277 (71.6-375.4)
TSH 2.250 (0.45-4.50)
LH <0.2 (1.7-8.6)
PSA 0.7 (0-4.0)
IGF-1 159 (75-216)
Estradial sensative 19.7 (8-35)
SHBG 27.4 (16.5 -55.9)

Everything else in my blood seemed ok EXCEPT my horrible cholesterol:

Total 292
Triglycerides 102 (0-149)
HDL 62 (>39)
VLDL 21 (5-40)
LDL 207 (0-99)!!!!

I've always has high LDL (18 months ago it was at 189) and multiple doctors have tried to get me on statins but I'm horrified of their side affects and have seen that many many people/doctors are against them.

Anyway, love this communtiy and am looking forward to looking and feeling better!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

I've seen a long list of side effects on satins and there are horrendous, not worth it. Stopping a statin after a heart attack can cause another.

JimBob

Hey all,
45yo man and have been lurking this site for about a month since I've decided to do TRT the "right way". I've been using Androforte 5% gel (1ml (50mg) per day) for about a year and a half without ever having had bloods taken. The first couple months seemed to go decently with some improvement on my horrible libido and some muscle gains but for about the last year I've really plateaued in my weight lifting and my libido is back to very low. After reading this site (a bunch!) I decided to go with Defy and so far am thrilled with their service. I was very surprised at how low my Test numbers were while being on the Androforte but am excited to see them improve being on a better protocol. Defy is starting me on 70mg Test Cyp e3.5d, 0.125 Anastrazol e3.5d and 5000iu HCG e3.5d

My labs (Labcorp) while on the Androforte cream:
TT 380 (264-916)
Free test 15.9 (6.8-21.5)
DHEA 277 (71.6-375.4)
TSH 2.250 (0.45-4.50)
LH <0.2 (1.7-8.6)
PSA 0.7 (0-4.0)
IGF-1 159 (75-216)
Estradial sensative 19.7 (8-35)
SHBG 27.4 (16.5 -55.9)

Everything else in my blood seemed ok EXCEPT my horrible cholesterol:

Total 292
Triglycerides 102 (0-149)
HDL 62 (>39)
VLDL 21 (5-40)
LDL 207 (0-99)!!!!

I've always has high LDL (18 months ago it was at 189) and multiple doctors have tried to get me on statins but I'm horrified of their side affects and have seen that many many people/doctors are against them.

Anyway, love this communtiy and am looking forward to looking and feeling better!

I'm no expert, but before you stroke out over your cholesterol numbers, get your hands on a copy of The Great Cholesterol Myth by Drs. Bowden and Sinatra. I got a cheap copy at bookfinder.com. There are some additional blood tests that you should consider getting to get a better picture of your cholesterol.

If I might ask, what was Defy's reasoning for putting on the AI right out of the gate?

Tednacious

Thanks for the replies guys. JimBob, I haven't read the book but I'm familiar with the message, I've seen a bunch of Youtube videos from doctors and other people who agree with it's premise. I don't have any heart disease in my family and both of my parent have very high cholesterol too so I'm hoping I don't have anything to worry about

Gman86

Thanks for the replies guys. JimBob, I haven't read the book but I'm familiar with the message, I've seen a bunch of Youtube videos from doctors and other people who agree with it's premise. I don't have any heart disease in my family and both of my parent have very high cholesterol too so I'm hoping I don't have anything to worry about

You definitely have nothing to worry about. Your total cholesterol, HDL and triglycerides look amazing. And most doctors know very little about LDL and it’s role. There’s a chance that in the future they might even find out that having a high LDL like that is advantageous. It’s a stretch, but you never know. Science moves extremely rapidly. I’m a nurse, and not the biggest expert on cholesterol, but from my understanding it mostly comes down to the particle size with LDL. But there are a ton of benefits to LDL. Bottom line though, getting on a statin would hurt your health way more than it would help, I can at least promise you that. Cardiovascular disease has very little to do with cholesterol anyways. Definitely don’t worry about it.

Tednacious

You definitely have nothing to worry about. Your total cholesterol, HDL and triglycerides look amazing. And most doctors know very little about LDL and it’s role. There’s a chance that in the future they might even find out that having a high LDL like that is advantageous. It’s a stretch, but you never know. Science moves extremely rapidly. I’m a nurse, and not the biggest expert on cholesterol, but from my understanding it mostly comes down to the particle size with LDL. But there are a ton of benefits to LDL. Bottom line though, getting on a statin would hurt your health way more than it would help, I can at least promise you that. Cardiovascular disease has very little to do with cholesterol anyways. Definitely don’t worry about it.
Thanks for the reply Gman, you guys are making me feel a lot better. Now I'm looking forward to the TRT to fully kick in, my 3rd shot is tomorrow morning (2 x/week). It's probably just in my head but I have been able to recover from my last few workouts more quickly than before and I feel like I generally have a little more energy already.

Tednacious

3 week update:
So far I've been been feeling pretty good, might be a little more upbeat and have more general energy. Libido is slightly better but nothing dramatic. Interestingly, I gained about 4 lbs in the first few days on my protocol (water weight I'm sure) which was strange for me since I rarely fluctuate more than 0.5 lbs.

The most noticeable positive change for me was with weightlifting. Before starting TRT I had plateaued very badly, not being able to lift any more weight for any more reps in over 2 months and was extrememly tired after the workout needing an hour or two before I felt like getting up off the couch. After just week 1 on TRT I've been able to add 1-3 reps or increase weight on my last set of an exercise for every subsequent workout! That has been very encouraging in addition to feeling recovered from workouts noticeably faster. I no longer feel like death after.

After about 2 weeks I did have one day of semi depressed thoughts (rare for me) and had some considerable joint popping in my ankles so I decided to stop taking the Arimidex (.125mg E3.5D), I figure I'll just stay off of that until my next bloods in about 2 months as my E2 was already lowish at 19 before starting TRT

JasonBird

Thanks, just curious as I have popping in all my joints for as long as I can remember. My Estradiol, Sensitive level is 16 range 8-35. Do you think the AI dropped your levels lower?

Gman86

Ya definitely drop the ai. Your testosterone levels are going to be continually going up until about 5-6 weeks in. Then at that time if you still feel good, then no need to add the ai. After 5-6 weeks I would get labs done, and see where everything is at. You might end up needing the ai, but definitely see how you do without it first. Hopefully you won’t need it at all.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me