Buy Lab Tests Online

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
Here’s an interview I watched recently where Dr Anthony Chaffee is interviewing a Boston psychiatrist that has transitioned into treating her patients mostly through diet. And mostly with a keto/ carnivore diet. But overall she just tries to help her patients eat as healthy as they can. Even if they don’t eat full carnivore or keto, eating better than they were will obv result in some positive changes. She’s not anti meds or anything. She still prescribes them. She just has seen much better results helping her patients improve their diets, than she’s seen meds do for them

I've been reading Dr. Ede's book since watching that interview. It does a great job explaining how typical diets damage mental health and the brain benefits of keto and carnivore. She convinced me to eat less fruit.

Change Your Diet, Change Your Mind: A Powerful Plan to Improve Mood, Overcome Anxiety, and Protect Memory for a Lifetime of Optimal Mental Health

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gman86

I've been reading Dr. Ede's book since watching that interview. It does a great job explaining how typical diets damage mental health and the brain benefits of keto and carnivore. She convinced me to eat less fruit.

Change Your Diet, Change Your Mind: A Powerful Plan to Improve Mood, Overcome Anxiety, and Protect Memory for a Lifetime of Optimal Mental Health

Ya I don’t think there’s any question that the brain runs much better on mainly ketones than it does mainly sugar. Ketones are like steroids for the brain

So what did she say about fruits that make u want to decrease ur consumption of them?

Just watched this earlier today, and it makes me a bit more weary about fruit than I was previously. Long story short there’s just more pesticides in our fruit than we realize, and these pesticides are most likely doing more damage to our bodies than we realize

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
Ya I don’t think there’s any question that the brain runs much better on mainly ketones than it does mainly sugar. Ketones are like steroids for the brain

So what did she say about fruits that make u want to decrease ur consumption of them?

Just watched this earlier today, and it makes me a bit more weary about fruit than I was previously. Long story short there’s just more pesticides in our fruit than we realize, and these pesticides are most likely doing more damage to our bodies than we realize

It wasn't so much negative on fruit, it was just the fact that the brain runs so much better on ketones, and the only way I can experience that more consistently is by eating less fruit. I think I am already in ketosis much of the time, except when I do eat a big serving of fruit, and it's like I can feel the energy supply being shut off afterward. My mood dips, my brain is foggier and I feel physically colder.

tropicaldaze1950

Have u ever tried going full carnivore? Seems like u’ve been through the wringer, and tried almost everything u could over the years, and are getting to ur wits end, as far as options go. So u really have nothing to lose at this point. I’ve just seen hundreds and hundreds of anecdotes, at this point, of people curing life long mental illnesses, including bipolar disorder, by going full carnivore. And what’s crazy, is some people notice changes within a week or two. It sometimes doesn’t take long to see symptom resolution, when u simply give the body everything it needs, without giving it one thing that messes with it. I’ve literally seen an anecdote where the difference between a woman’s autoimmune disorder being in remission or not was her putting herbs/ seasonings on her steak. She was fully carnivore otherwise. So we just don’t know what’s actually messing with us most of the time, or to what degree something is messing with us. I’ve lost count at this point how many people on keto didn’t have their issues revolve until they cut out salads. Most people would never in a million years think that salads were causing them any issues/ be the thing that was standing between them and resolving their health issues.

Here’s an interview I watched recently where Dr Anthony Chaffee is interviewing a Boston psychiatrist that has transitioned into treating her patients mostly through diet. And mostly with a keto/ carnivore diet. But overall she just tries to help her patients eat as healthy as they can. Even if they don’t eat full carnivore or keto, eating better than they were will obv result in some positive changes. She’s not anti meds or anything. She still prescribes them. She just has seen much better results helping her patients improve their diets, than she’s seen meds do for them

Call me a wimp but my wife is a committed vegan and has Alzheimer's. I don't need her melting down on me bringing home meat. She's already becoming difficult to deal with.
I recall you suggesting a carnivore diet in regards to my illness. Dr. Emily Deans and Dr. Judy Tsafrir are the other two psychiatrists in Boston recommending a keto or carnivore diet. I have an appointment with my psychiatrist in a few weeks. I want to work this into our session and have her to tell my wife that I need to try this since nothing else works for me. Might sound crazy from a grown man but my wife keeps having meltdowns and they trigger me. I need some cover.

Gman86

It wasn't so much negative on fruit, it was just the fact that the brain runs so much better on ketones, and the only way I can experience that more consistently is by eating less fruit. I think I am already in ketosis much of the time, except when I do eat a big serving of fruit, and it's like I can feel the energy supply being shut off afterward. My mood dips, my brain is foggier and I feel physically colder.

Ya I wish I didn’t value gym performance and muscle so much. If I didn’t care about that stuff I would be full carnivore. I’m well aware that I would feel much better energy wise and cognitively if I didn’t eat all the white rice, fruit and honey that I do. I can see myself being full carnivore at some point tho. It’s always in the back of my mind

tropicaldaze1950

@Gman86 /After our exchange, yesterday, my mind went back in time to the 1980s. In orthomolecular psychiatry, as well as what we'd now call 'functional medicine', doctors were using therapeutic fasting to treat or manage both mental and physical illnesses. My father, who'd been dealing with severe rheumatoid arthritis in his knees and feet, bought a book about that was about the many benefits of fasting, written by a medical journalist, IIRC. Prevention Magazine was a big proponent of the fasting protocol.

I found the book fascinating. Regarding mental illness, therapeutic fasting, along with an elimination diet, was being used in the Soviet Union to treat schizophrenia. James Earl Jones father, the actor Robert Earl Jones detailed how fasting cured his severe arthritis, which allowed him to resume his acting career, pointing out that in 'The Sting', playing Luther, he, not a stunt double, was hot footing it down the alley. Unfortunately, fasting didn't help my father.

My point is that for the past few years the keto diet, and now the carnivore diet, are being promoted as an answer or even 'the' answer to physical and/or psychiatric conditions. I don't doubt that for some people, it works; that, for those people, it is the answer. I'm not being critical. Even in the context of TRT, for many men, it's been a total game changer but for others, so so or, not at all.

Every time I thought something was the 'it' I was seeking to improve my health and function, it wasn't. I'm not discouraged, but neither am I going to immediately do a 180. A few years ago, on Mark's Daily Apple, on a thread about gluten, one man posted a story about a friend who, like him, had been a Rhodes Scholar. His friend had researched various diets and found that eating wheat berries, wheat grass and drinking mineral water provided him with excellent health, vitality and sexual vigor. He was an older guy on a shoe string budget and lived with two young women. Gee, that's my dream! And, for many of us, the journey continues.

Gman86

@Gman86 /After our exchange, yesterday, my mind went back in time to the 1980s. In orthomolecular psychiatry, as well as what we'd now call 'functional medicine', doctors were using therapeutic fasting to treat or manage both mental and physical illnesses. My father, who'd been dealing with severe rheumatoid arthritis in his knees and feet, bought a book about that was about the many benefits of fasting, written by a medical journalist, IIRC. Prevention Magazine was a big proponent of the fasting protocol.

I found the book fascinating. Regarding mental illness, therapeutic fasting, along with an elimination diet, was being used in the Soviet Union to treat schizophrenia. James Earl Jones father, the actor Robert Earl Jones detailed how fasting cured his severe arthritis, which allowed him to resume his acting career, pointing out that in 'The Sting', playing Luther, he, not a stunt double, was hot footing it down the alley. Unfortunately, fasting didn't help my father.

My point is that for the past few years the keto diet, and now the carnivore diet, are being promoted as an answer or even 'the' answer to physical and/or psychiatric conditions. I don't doubt that for some people, it works; that, for those people, it is the answer. I'm not being critical. Even in the context of TRT, for many men, it's been a total game changer but for others, so so or, not at all.

Every time I thought something was the 'it' I was seeking to improve my health and function, it wasn't. I'm not discouraged, but neither am I going to immediately do a 180. A few years ago, on Mark's Daily Apple, on a thread about gluten, one man posted a story about a friend who, like him, had been a Rhodes Scholar. His friend had researched various diets and found that eating wheat berries, wheat grass and drinking mineral water provided him with excellent health, vitality and sexual vigor. He was an older guy on a shoe string budget and lived with two young women. Gee, that's my dream! And, for many of us, the journey continues.

Ur clearly a very intelligent and open minded person, so I’m confident that u’ll be able to recognize what advise is worth implementing, and what isnt. I’ve been heavily researching health and the human body since I can remember. Like 13. I’ll be 38 this year. And for years I researched like a madman. Talking like 6-8 hours a day between podcasts, YouTube vids, forums, etc. I did home care nursing for around 5 years, and most of my day during that time was used to research. Anytime I was driving or home by myself I’d be listening to something health related. Mostly diet related. And I have no dogs in the game. I’m as unbiased as it gets. I know that carnivore is the most optimal diet that a human can eat, but I’m subscribed to vegan channels on YouTube, vegetarian channels, even fruitarian channels. All I care about is what’s correct/ optimal. Idc what that ends up being. All my research has just clearly lead to the carnivore diet clearly the diet that’s optimal for all humans. It ends up being extremely obvious once u’ve researched diet for as long as I have. Only diet that comes close is carnivore with some healthy carb sources, like fruit and raw honey.

So the reason that guy ur referring to that ate wheat berries felt so good is the same reason that vegans/ vegetarians/ fruitarians can also feel amazing. It’s simply because they all cut out all the foods that mess with the human body. It’s the same reason therapeutic fasting can do so much healing. It’s because while ur fasting, ur giving ur body a break from the usual foods that mess with it that most people are consuming regularly. The other benefit of fasting is that whenever ur body isn’t focusing its resources/ energy on digestion, it can allocate those resources/ energy to healing. Fasting is definitely a beneficial practice. But based on my research over the years, the best way to implement fasting is most likely to intermittent fast every single day. Consume all ur calories for the day in as short of a window as u can, while not feeling like ur going to throw up from being so full every time u eat, due to having to fit so many calories into a small feeding window. And then ur body can allocate resources/ energy to healing the rest of the day.

So ya, pretty much anyone that goes from eating a diet that includes processed foods, and other foods that mess with the body, are going to feel infinitely better when they cut out most of that stuff. But I promise u that if u took any vegetarian/ vegan/ fruitarian, and had them eat a carnivore diet for a month, they would feel even better. Not to mention that they would do so much better long term, health wise.

The best way to heal and feel optimal, in all aspects, as far as diet goes, is to eat a carnivore diet, and again practice intermittent fasting everyday. U do that and I promise u that u will start to see improvements in the areas that ur struggling with. I literally guarantee it.

But diet is only one piece of the puzzle, when it comes to feeling optimal, and resolving any issues a person may be experiencing. It’s a huge piece, but just one piece nonetheless. The body works as a whole. This is why for some men trt isn’t the magic bullet they thought it would be. Or trt didn’t even help matters. It’s because u have to address the body as a whole. U can’t just pick and choose what u want to try and resolve. This can obv work at times, but it’s an extremely poor strategy. U still need to try and optimize sleep, decrease stress the best u can, stay hydrated as good as u can, maintain ur status/ value in life the best that u can, exercise regularly (specifically with weights), and maintain as many healthy and important relationships as u can, to name a few examples.

tropicaldaze1950

Ur clearly a very intelligent and open minded person, so I’m confident that u’ll be able to recognize what advise is worth implementing, and what isnt. I’ve been heavily researching health and the human body since I can remember. Like 13. I’ll be 38 this year. And for years I researched like a madman. Talking like 6-8 hours a day between podcasts, YouTube vids, forums, etc. I did home care nursing for around 5 years, and most of my day during that time was used to research. Anytime I was driving or home by myself I’d be listening to something health related. Mostly diet related. And I have no dogs in the game. I’m as unbiased as it gets. I know that carnivore is the most optimal diet that a human can eat, but I’m subscribed to vegan channels on YouTube, vegetarian channels, even fruitarian channels. All I care about is what’s correct/ optimal. Idc what that ends up being. All my research has just clearly lead to the carnivore diet clearly the diet that’s optimal for all humans. It ends up being extremely obvious once u’ve researched diet for as long as I have. Only diet that comes close is carnivore with some healthy carb sources, like fruit and raw honey.

So the reason that guy ur referring to that ate wheat berries felt so good is the same reason that vegans/ vegetarians/ fruitarians can also feel amazing. It’s simply because they all cut out all the foods that mess with the human body. It’s the same reason therapeutic fasting can do so much healing. It’s because while ur fasting, ur giving ur body a break from the usual foods that mess with it that most people are consuming regularly. The other benefit of fasting is that whenever ur body isn’t focusing its resources/ energy on digestion, it can allocate those resources/ energy to healing. Fasting is definitely a beneficial practice. But based on my research over the years, the best way to implement fasting is most likely to intermittent fast every single day. Consume all ur calories for the day in as short of a window as u can, while not feeling like ur going to throw up from being so full every time u eat, due to having to fit so many calories into a small feeding window. And then ur body can allocate resources/ energy to healing the rest of the day.

So ya, pretty much anyone that goes from eating a diet that includes processed foods, and other foods that mess with the body, are going to feel infinitely better when they cut out most of that stuff. But I promise u that if u took any vegetarian/ vegan/ fruitarian, and had them eat a carnivore diet for a month, they would feel even better. Not to mention that they would do so much better long term, health wise.

The best way to heal and feel optimal, in all aspects, as far as diet goes, is to eat a carnivore diet, and again practice intermittent fasting everyday. U do that and I promise u that u will start to see improvements in the areas that ur struggling with. I literally guarantee it.

But diet is only one piece of the puzzle, when it comes to feeling optimal, and resolving any issues a person may be experiencing. It’s a huge piece, but just one piece nonetheless. The body works as a whole. This is why for some men trt isn’t the magic bullet they thought it would be. Or trt didn’t even help matters. It’s because u have to address the body as a whole. U can’t just pick and choose what u want to try and resolve. This can obv work at times, but it’s an extremely poor strategy. U still need to try and optimize sleep, decrease stress the best u can, stay hydrated as good as u can, maintain ur status/ value in life the best that u can, exercise regularly (specifically with weights), and maintain as many healthy and important relationships as u can, to name a few examples.
From our many conversations, I know you're plugged in to many sources of information and can discern what's legit and what's jive. I'm certainly keeping an open mind. Fast forwarding, my stress isn't going to be reduced. As my wife declines, I'll have a heavier load to carry. I know it's not possible to care for her indefinitely and even if it was, my emotional and physical health would continue to be compromised. She could live into her 90s and I'd be dead. It's the worst of the worst. Me with untreatable bipolar, her with rapidly progressing Alzheimer's. I always go back to the words of Robert Louis Stevenson: "Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well." He was sick from childhood and kept looking for a place he could comfortably live with his compromised health. A kindred spirit.

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom

But diet is only one piece of the puzzle, when it comes to feeling optimal, and resolving any issues a person may be experiencing. It’s a huge piece, but just one piece nonetheless.
Diet is a massive piece. Dr. Ede estimates diet is a major causative factor in 80-90% of mental illness. She recommends people start with a low carb version of paleo that eliminates nuts/seeds/nightshades. If that is enough to put your symptoms into remission you can stay there, or if more improvement is needed, ease your way into keto. You give that something like 6-8 weeks, assess, and stay there if sufficiently improved or move onto carnivore if necessary, as carnivore is the most optimal possible diet for mental health. About the impact of carnivore:

carnivore diet.png

She includes the disclaimers there about the limitations of the survey but still, wow. Out of 479 people with psychiatric problems, 96% reported improvement on the carnivore diet. Incredible.

Belekas

nobody
Ok guys thank you but no more Carnivore here lol as nobody on earth knows what diet is proper FOR YOU. It's called individuallity. I don't care what you eat as long as you feel great, can digest without issues and it helps with your fitness/other goals. There are some very smart people who are against Carnivore and there are as well smart people who are against other diets and thats ok. Because nobody from them knows what will work for you and your genetics, so please lets just stop this "mantra"- that this is the best diet. You just have no fucking idea which foods work for others and what is sustainable. Fuck all the new fads. We all gonna die at the end and you ain't living to 120 even eating Carnivore lol So just lets say we have no idea what diet is the best diet for him or her. And please no more clowns mentioned in my blog as well like Saladino, etc and all those other quacks. Just make sure you enjoy your life, the ride and don't limit yourself of foods you like because we only live once and better learn to incorporate them into your lifestyle so that they do minimal harm whatsoever, this way you can enjoy your food and life as well.

Anyway its been 12 weeks I'm off TRT cold turkey. Just finished a light workout and some mandatory cardio. Had a meal of white rice and 99% pork sausages with 0.8g of Celtic sea salt. Enjoyed it. No pain yet so life is good. Now getting ready to go out for a 20-30min walk to digest.

Also started tolerating Magnesium so taking 2g Mag Bisglycinate before bed everyday for the last 8 days and so far so good. Now since 3 days ago also started taking 2g just after workout with Ashwaghanda together. So looks like finally after all these years I'm able to tolerate 400mg/day Mag from Bisglycinate. Also finishing Dr. Ohhira Standart Japan probiotics which are well different from others and were highely recommended by serious people. Also taking Bio-Kult S. Boulaardii and started Pure Encapsulations ProFlora G.I. since yesterday. Also taking the usual VitD, Curcumin, CoQ10 and some Arginine. And having said that I'm off to buy 3l of Kefir ;)

Hope you guys are doing good and enjoy whats left from the weekend.

Ciao!

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale