TRT Bloodwork results/questions for 33 YO

Buy Lab Tests Online
-Height: 5'8 Weight: 165
-TRT Regiment: 120mg per week (60 MG every 3.5 days) doctor prescribed and monitored.
-Sleep 6-7 hours (waking up a lot in middle of night though)
-Diet: Inconsistent. Not great, but not horrible
-Workout: HIIT and lift. 3-4 times per week.
-Work: Supply Chain Manager for Automotive OEM. Fairly stressful managing 6 people and 50 different suppliers. Work 45-50 hours per week.
-Married with two kids

Background: Diagnosed low testosterone in 2021. Been on TRT for 3 years now. It's been a journey of ups and downs.

TT level before TRT: 202
TT level doing 100mg per week: 550
TT level doing 120mg per week: 600-750

Latest blood work with doing 120mg per week TRT:

TT: 600 (Range 240-870). Feel better when 750-850.
SHBG: 14.80 (Range 13-89)
Free T: 17 (Range 4.25-19)
Estradiol: 25 (Range 11-44)
Prolactin: 6.9 (Range 3-27.82)

Definitely feel better than before, but past month have felt like crap. Depressed feeling, high anxiety, no sex drive, difficulty getting an erection lately, no morning erections, weaker erections, trouble sleeping. Not managing well with my emotions or stress at work. Any advice or tips on TRT regiment, blood work, life style changes needed, etc.? Should I increase TT slightly?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
-TRT Regiment: 120mg per week (60 MG every 3.5 days) doctor prescribed and monitored.
-Work: Supply Chain Manager for Automotive OEM. Fairly stressful managing 6 people and 50 different suppliers. Work 45-50 hours per week.
-Married with two kids

Background: Diagnosed low testosterone in 2021. Been on TRT for 3 years now. It's been a journey of ups and downs.

Definitely feel better than before, but past month have felt like crap. Depressed feeling, high anxiety, no sex drive, difficulty getting an erection lately, no morning erections, weaker erections, trouble sleeping. Not managing well with my emotions or stress at work. Any advice or tips on TRT regiment, blood work, life style changes needed, etc.? Should I increase TT slightly?
First, I would ask how old is that latest bloodwork? If it isn't from within this last month when you are feeling worse, I think you need to start by running bloodwork again to see if anything has changed with your levels. If nothing has changed compared to when things were better, your recent suffering may not be directly related to your TRT protocol.

First, I would ask how old is that latest bloodwork? If it isn't from within this last month when you are feeling worse, I think you need to start by running bloodwork again to see if anything has changed with your levels. If nothing has changed compared to when things were better, your recent suffering may not be directly related to your TRT protocol.
Week old bloodwork. Saw my doctor today to review. He said levels seem fine despite me feeling like crap. TT was 750 in November (when I was feeling good). 600 now

Systemlord

We need some context here!

Testosterone cypionate peaks within around 16-24 hours, declining rapidly thereafter.

When were these labs drawn in relation to your injections?

Week old bloodwork. Saw my doctor today to review. He said levels seem fine despite me feeling like crap. TT was 750 in November (when I was feeling good). 600 now
If your testosterone declined due to your job/stress, if you think you can get away with it just because you're on TRT, think again!

Definitely feel better than before, but past month have felt like crap. Depressed feeling, high anxiety, no sex drive, difficulty getting an erection lately, no morning erections, weaker erections, trouble sleeping. Not managing well with my emotions or stress at work.
Check your vitamin D and ferritin levels.

Have you been checked for sleep apnea?

Last edited:
We need some context here!

Testosterone cypionate peaks within around 16-24 hours, declining rapidly thereafter.

When were these labs drawn in relation to your injections?

If your testosterone declined due to your job/stress, if you think you can get away with it just because you're on TRT, think again!

Check your vitamin D and ferritin levels.

Have you been checked for sleep apnea?
I always do my labs right before I'm due for an injection.

Job is definitely stressful, but not more so than normal. I'm not handling stress as well as normal.

I take Vitamin D every day. Zinc, vitamin D, and a multi vitamin. Haven't checked ferritin levels.

Not sure if I have sleep apnea. May need to be checked. Inconsistent sleep for sure. Some nights better than others. Sometimes wake up in the middle of the night.

Resting Heart rate is abnormally higher lately. I wear a garmin so I can see it. Will normally be in 65 BPM range. Randomly will be at 100-110 the past few weeks like I'm having an anxiety attack or something

Vince

Super Moderator
-Married with two kids

Did you ever find out why your testosterone was low?

Have you considered adding an HCG?

sammmy

Assuming it is not something else, like recent Covid which can fuck up your nervous system (abnormal resting heart rate), I would try lower doses of testosterone.

With your low SHBG, your current free T is close to the upper boundary of normal. That is your LOWEST value before the next injection. Too much free T activates the nervous system too much and can definitely make you feel more anxious, irritable, and can affect sleep negatively.

Systemlord

What does HCG do with a TRT regiment and why is it needed?
It's not always needed, in fact it can cause problems in the majority by creating imbalances in many other hormones. Some men can't tolerate hCG at any dosage.

Mostly hCG is used for fertility.

It's true some men feel amazing on hCG, use it for ejeculation issues and need it to make TRT work, but these men are in the minority.

Vince

Super Moderator
What does HCG do with a TRT regiment and why is it needed?
I inject 500 IU of hcg every third day.

WestB87

It's not always needed, in fact it can cause problems in the majority by creating imbalances in many other hormones. Some men can't tolerate hCG at any dosage.

Mostly hCG is used for fertility.

It's true some men feel amazing on hCG, use it for ejeculation issues and need it to make TRT work, but these men are in the minority.
I can’t say for certain if it was the hCG or not, but when I added it to my protocol I was enjoying the reinvigorated testicle size (they weren’t that large to begin with) but at least they weren’t ascended into my groin area. However, I had a wicked deep depression for 2 months straight during which I had zero interest in anything other than sitting on the couch and staring at the ceiling fan. When I dropped it, I started having just enough motivation to think “well, should probably try the gym again to maybe shake this off. If it doesn’t work, oh well”. It was bad, but I’m also going through the throes of dredging up old memories for VA care and may have had an influence on the situation as well.

granger

benefits of adding HCG is that it stimulates your testicals to produce the other hormones your body needs to function at its best... From my understanding it includes a wide array of cascade pro hormones. you will often see pregnelone or DHEA (but there are more and other forms naturally occuring) being added instead of HCG. IMO it sort of seems that those who had lower LH FSH with TRUE hypo gonadism ie sub 200 free test may see MOST benefit, im making assumptions here of course, as possibly their HPTA axis gets shut off alot more and faster, and some guys who had big nuts and decent T levels dont see much shrinking of nuts and dont need any HCG to help replace other hormones that are being switched off in teh testies because of exogenous test. my hypothesis based on anecdotes so take it for what it is...a possible semi educated guess lol

also of course some people the low T is not from low FSH or LH but rather testicles themselves not producing T.. some think HCG can jump start your nuts and because have enough FSH LH you may continue to produce higher levels of T.

Also some guys take AI or are low aromatizers and HCG can help keep E at decent level/ratio along with other hormones.

ideally one day we can get FSH LH and be able to administer in pulse like way. or better yet Lutenizing releasing hormone or follicle stimulating releasing hormone.

Another Great Day

I always do my labs right before I'm due for an injection.

Job is definitely stressful, but not more so than normal. I'm not handling stress as well as normal.

I take Vitamin D every day. Zinc, vitamin D, and a multi vitamin. Haven't checked ferritin levels.

Not sure if I have sleep apnea. May need to be checked. Inconsistent sleep for sure. Some nights better than others. Sometimes wake up in the middle of the night.

Resting Heart rate is abnormally higher lately. I wear a garmin so I can see it. Will normally be in 65 BPM range. Randomly will be at 100-110 the past few weeks like I'm having an anxiety attack or something
I wear a Fit Bit and am somewhat obsessed with looking at it..... My resting heart rate is normally 68. Over the past few months I have seen an increase similar to your readings. I thought it was due to some hair growth products. A few weeks ago it was bothering me in the evening and I went to prompt care and requested an EKG, that was normal. I am retired, but when I worked it was high stress (self-induced) and I am an ADD along with an A+++ personality type. About a week ago I came to the realization that the high resting heart rate is anxiety. Next week I will be starting on an antidepressant.

Another Great Day

I wear a Fit Bit and am somewhat obsessed with looking at it..... My resting heart rate is normally 68. Over the past few months I have seen an increase similar to your readings. I thought it was due to some hair growth products. A few weeks ago it was bothering me in the evening and I went to prompt care and requested an EKG, that was normal. I am retired, but when I worked it was high stress (self-induced) and I am an ADD along with an A+++ personality type. About a week ago I came to the realization that the high resting heart rate is anxiety. Next week I will be starting on an antidepressant.
Just discovered this a week ago - Caffeine can increase the risk of having a panic attack and increase anxiety levels.

jnde207

I would increase slightly, titrate up to about 200 to 250/wk, that send to be the sweet spot for the majority of men.

On Saturday I take 200mg of test E/wk, plus Mon, Wed, and Friday I take 100mg test P.

The test P will help you to see if you need to go up or down and if you need to go down the test P will only be in your system for 2 to 3 days, depending on how sensitive you are to it.

I also take 50mg dbol/day also and it gives me a lil boost and then on Sunday I take 2,000mcg of B12.

Yes that sounds like a lot but I regularly give a double of blood, so by the time my RBC and hemoglobin gets high it's time for a donation anyways.

Guided_by_Voices

A few things..
- I would drop your dose before I would raise it. Some of us do better on lower doses.
- I find DHEA to be helpful and it is cheap and easy to experiment with
- HIIT and chronic lifting to failure can create systemic overtraining. I would drop the HIIT for a while (try walking instead) and focus on lifting for volume at sub-maximal weights for while, with no sets to failure.
- There are lots of nutritional issues which could be at play, such as low salt intake, amino acid imbalances, and vitamin/mineral deficiencies, so getting a work-up from a good holistic doc could be a good thing. Clean up your diet, with particular emphasis on eliminating seed oils and wheat products.
- Other hormones like thyroid could be an issue.
Overall, testosterone is important, but far from the only variable. Good luck with it.

Jntsrgn

-Married with two kids

Discuss with your physician adding hCG. At your age, I think that’s important. It will also give you a higher free testosterone level at your current dosage of exogenous testosterone. I’m surprised your E2 is that low. If you’re taking anastrozole, stop.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me