Ferritin Levels beyond low...

Buy Lab Tests Online

wig surf

Hey guys,

I've been on TRT for about three years now and all of a sudden my ferritin is very low. I've noticed that in the last six months, my energy level is also very low. I also give blood every two months. I'm curious to know why all of a sudden my ferritin is so low. I do 120mg of Test Cyp. every week (Everyday injections of 20mg).

I have partial lab results back so I don't know what my Test levels are at, but I'm concerned about my ferritin and my cholesterol (which has always been high and I'm not in bad shape). And I didn't fast before the blood test if that makes a difference in levels.

Should I be on some iron supplement and how much should I take for it being so low?
Any recommendations on brand of supplement?
And should I stop giving blood?

I would appreciate any help!

Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 3.08.08 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 3.05.06 PM.png

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

I'm curious to know why all of a sudden my ferritin is so low.
I also give blood every two months.
^^^ That's why your ferritin is low, iron is blood, you're bleeding out iron/blood every two months!

There are all sorts of metabolic abnormalities with low iron/ferritin.

And should I stop giving blood?
You need to find another solution. No one knows at what level of hematocrit is dangerous. The guidelines say the cutoff is 54%, labs ranges are as follows, 49, 50, 51 and 52%.

If your lab ranges are 50%, and you're at 51%, go to another lab company with a 52% cutoff and now you're in range.

With a secondary erythrocytosis there is an increase in blood volume which enlarges the vascular bed, decreases peripheral resistance and increases cardiac output. Therefore, in a secondary erythrocytosis optimal oxygen transport with increased blood volume occurs at a higher hematocrit value than with a normal blood volume. A moderate increase in hematocrit may be beneficial despite the increased viscosity.

There are over 80 million people that live higher than 2,500 meters and they develop a secondary erythrocytosis. Men in parts of Bolivia for instance have a normal range of HCT from 45-61%. These men are not at an increased risk of thrombotic events nor do they have to undergo phlebotomies to manage their hematocrit.

Now for my next question, doctors often mismanage hematocrit for levels slightly over the ranges which is completely unnecessary, unless you're symptomatic as a result of higher hematocrit.

At what level of hematocrit did you or your doctor start blood donations?

Last edited:

Systemlord

For those with unmanageable secondary erythrocytosis or high hematocrit on TRT, the newer oral testosterone undecanoate, Jatenzo, Orlando, Kyzatrex are recommended because in the clinical trials, there were no cases of secondary erythrocytosis due to the PK profiles and shorter half lives of these newer oral testosterone undecanoate.

Last edited:

wig surf

^^^ That's why your ferritin is low, iron is blood, you're bleeding out iron/blood every two months!

There are all sorts of metabolic abnormalities with low iron/ferritin.

You need to find another solution. No one knows at what level of hematocrit is dangerous. The guidelines say the cutoff is 54%, labs ranges are as follows, 49, 50, 51 and 52%.

If your lab ranges are 50%, and you're at 51%, go to another lab company with a 52% cutoff and now you're in range.

With a secondary erythrocytosis there is an increase in blood volume which enlarges the vascular bed, decreases peripheral resistance and increases cardiac output. Therefore, in a secondary erythrocytosis optimal oxygen transport with increased blood volume occurs at a higher hematocrit value than with a normal blood volume. A moderate increase in hematocrit may be beneficial despite the increased viscosity.

There are over 80 million people that live higher than 2,500 meters and they develop a secondary erythrocytosis. Men in parts of Bolivia for instance have a normal range of HCT from 45-61%. These men are not at an increased risk of thrombotic events nor do they have to undergo phlebotomies to manage their hematocrit.

Now for my next question, doctors often mismanage hematocrit for levels slightly over the ranges which is completely unnecessary, unless you're symptomatic as a result of higher hematocrit.

At what level of hematocrit did you or your doctor start blood donations?
I don't know what my hematocrit was when I started donating blood. I just canceled my blood donations, so I'll start there until my next blood workup in six months. Thank you!!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me